Article 15 - a new Ayushman Khurana joint

WC2011INDIA

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Love that bit with all the random sub-castes BS.   who the f*k* gives a f*k*.   I haven't seen it first hand, but I guess rural India in the north is still fixated on this nonsense?  

If urban India is still fixated then I can't imagine how things are in rural areas.

Wrong timing of a political movie, they should have released it before the election. Now, that BJP has been voted beyond caste lines, it seems outdated. Well atrocity literature will always be in demand, except it to get some awards. From the director of Mulk, enuff said. 

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

What is this supposed to prove?  99 out of 100 Bombayites won't give a * about caste or religion.  Its not a big brag on Bombay.  Just that living in urban environments, exposure to wider variety of people will result in a better attitude.

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

Really?  Growing up in Bombay, never saw/felt this anywhere.  Did leave the city when I was 16 though.

Mumbai doesn’t have bias at a caste level. Smaller cities however do. 

However Mumbai does have a regional bias and I am not speaking from a MNS/Shiv Sena politics perspective. I guess that is a big multi cultural city thing.

I don’t care for movies that go out of the way and show how the upper castes exploit the lower castes in this day and age. However there are caste based groupings and politics in small cities. That part is true. 

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

However Mumbai does have a regional bias and I am not speaking from a MNS/Shiv Sena politics perspective. I guess that is a big multi cultural city thing.

I don’t care for movies that go out of the way and show how the upper castes exploit the lower castes in this day and age. However there are caste based groupings and politics in small cities. That part is true. 

More like villages and not cities. Casteism is just an exception even in small cities.

10 hours ago, maniac said:

Stereotypes are part of human nature.  Our brains are designed to identify patterns.  Unconscious biases are almost impossible to avoid.  Best you can do is be conscious of that, that's about it.