WC19 | M30 | SA vs Pak | London | June 23rd @ 5 30 AM EST

zen

1 minute ago, Sean Bradley said:

South African team needs a major overhaul, for starters they need to get rid of Amla on top and find some decent talent in their batting department. 

Cricket is always considered a white sport in non Asian countries. If the interest of white population goes down in the sport, so does the standard of game.

Just now, Franco Vazquez said:

LOL theres hardly any white population in SA anymore. There are like 20% out of which 10% are in extreme poverty

That's exactly the reason for their decline. Native Africans are mostly into football and athletics while white SA population is into cricket and rugby. I don't know how well is SA rugby doing.

I used to think that racism was thing of old generation and it's extinct today, but I was wrong! It exists today but in a very subtle form.

1 minute ago, MechEng said:

Cricket is always considered a white sport in non Asian countries. If the interest of white population goes down in the sport, so does the standard of game.

I think after smith, abdv, dale steyn south Africa have stuggled to rebuild the team. They have all the ability to bounce back and put up a decent 11, i doubt that your white person losing interest theory holds any truth in terms of south African cricket.

Just now, MechEng said:

That's exactly the reason for their decline. Native Africans are mostly into football and athletics while white SA population is into cricket and rugby. I don't know how well is SA rugby doing.

I used to think that racism was thing of old generation and it's extinct today, but I was wrong! It exists today but in a very subtle form.

A South African in my acc doesn't even know that WC is going on.

Just now, Sean Bradley said:

I think after smith, abdv, dale steyn south Africa have stuggled to rebuild the team. They have all the ability to bounce back and put up a decent 11, i doubt that your white person losing interest theory holds any truth in terms of south African cricket.

Zimbabwe cricket is a good example, after Heath Streak and other white players went away their standards shot down.