UP man tries to molest woman, drives car over family; kills 2

Haarkarjeetgaye

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/up-man-tries-to-molest-woman-drives-car-over-family/20190625.htm

Last updated on: June 25, 2019 16:03 IST

Two women in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr district were crushed to death under the wheels of a car being allegedly driven by a man who they rebuked for passing lewd comments against a member of their family, police said on Tuesday.

20190625.htm&p_agent=webkit&advt_cookie=null&topic=crime&OAS_cat=NS
empty.gif

The incident took place on late Monday night, the police said, adding that a case was registered against four persons including the main accused Nakul Singh who has been arrested.

However, the victim's family placed the dead bodies on a highway and blocked traffic on Tuesday, demanding immediate arrest of all accused. The protest was called off after the police intervened and pacified the family members.

Senior Superintendent of Police N Kolanchi said the families of Ramveer and Bhimsen had returned from a wedding late at night when they noticed Singh urinating on the wall of their house on Chandpur road.

When Santo Devi, 38, wife of Ramvir and Urmila, 42, wife of Bhimsen objected, the accused allegedly passed lewd comments at a woman member of the family which further angered the women, who berated Singh. He left after threatening them of dire consequences, the police said.

Soon, the accused returned with his friends in a car and crushed the women, who were standing outside their house, Kolanchi said.

While Santo Devi and Urmila died, Ramvir's son and another youth were injured in the incident, he said, adding that they are recuperating in a local hospital.

On the basis of the family's complaint, the main accused was arrested and efforts are on to nab his accomplices, the officer added.

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

PM and Home Minister are not responsible for local governance or security. 

Criminal law is central but execution will be state.  This is on the CM of the state.

I think this requires a mindset change through education & 

Demographics change by making favorable policies for people from other states to migrate to UP. 

I can't believe we make national issues out of little thing, but when such things happen, they are not well published and not much of roar around the public.

This is insane stuff. Someone lost their family member not to a natural death but to extreme brutality. Fking pathetic. The guy should rot iin jail forever. Torture him. 

36 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I can't believe we make national issues out of little thing, but when such things happen, they are not well published and not much of roar around the public.

This is insane stuff. Someone lost their family member not to a natural death but to extreme brutality. Fking pathetic. The guy should rot iin jail forever. Torture him. 

I’d say share it on every platform. The fking bastard should get a lifer with torture everyday 

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

I think this requires a mindset change through education & 

Demographics change by making favorable policies for people from other states to migrate to UP. 

it requires an efficient legal system without loopholes where speedy justice is provided. The guys would get some initial heat and then bail after bail and even if convicted will then go on and get early release for good behaviour.  

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

it requires an efficient legal system without loopholes where speedy justice is provided. The guys would get some initial heat and then bail after bail and even if convicted will then go on and get early release for good behaviour.  

Sure if that can be done. Fear is always one way to stop the crime. I am assuming this will never happen.

So another way is to educate people on this topic. Secondly I think it will help if people from other states migrate to UP, in large numbers.

7 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Sure if that can be done. Fear is always one way to stop the crime. I am assuming this will never happen.

So another way is to educate people on this topic. Secondly I think it will help if people from other states migrate to UP, in large numbers.

people from another state who fear rule of law -- they will come in and become victims. How can you mass immigrate to 200 million people state UP ? there is no lebensraum there anymore. 

The only option is to invest heavily in Justice system -- spend ridiculous sums like hike the budget for this division -- specifically, target areas of concern and have many trial courts etc.