Jadeja had the greatest SF performance in a WC

Just now, R!TTER said:

He is part of the top order, conveniently hides behind new players when the bowl is moving around or you have to score from the get go. Not so funnily enough, he comes up against weak sides - how great is that :hatsoff:

So what do you expect him to do? He is no skipper. Kohli could have promoted him. But he was not even dressing room. Bewada probably had too much to drink and was baskin in verandaah.

And is this what you expect from top 6 bats that Jaddu and MSD will save the day. I am sure even Rayudu could have done better than all the six superstars.

3 hours ago, nevada said:

Dhoni heaped all the pressure on Jadeja from the beginning to the end. Jadeja played like a champ but was undone by his stubborn partner at the other end. It's a shame Dhoni didn't step up to ease the pressure on Jadeja even one bit. A couple of boundary hits from him would have eased the pressure. He was fixated on remaining not out till the end and left a lot of work to be done until too late. 

This. All Dhoni had to do was take some risks in the 44th and 45th over. But instead he was busy taking singles off of legside balls and couldn’t put full tosses away. Yes top order was to blame. But when jadeja and Dhoni were batting, it was a brand new game. Believe it or not india were actually somewhat favorites and should have won if Dhoni had taken a few more risks earlier. But no, he has this fetish of taking everything to the end and try to prove to people look my strategy works best. Bhaaad mein jaye nrr or match in the process.

5 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

This. All Dhoni had to do was take some risks in the 44th and 45th over. But instead he was busy taking singles off of legside balls and couldn’t put full tosses away. Yes top order was to blame. But when jadeja and Dhoni were batting, it was a brand new game. Believe it or not india were actually somewhat favorites and should have won if Dhoni had taken a few more risks earlier. But no, he has this fetish of taking everything to the end and try to prove to people look my strategy works best. Bhaaad mein jaye nrr or match in the process.

Win predictor was 4% when thala walked in crease. It reached to 24% before Jaddu got out. And here we have fans who think we were in game. Even computer told we had lost the game

1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

The computer doesn't go play in the middle, if it were left to mathematicians then WI would never have lost the 83 WC nor Oz won the 87 one. That probability argument is laughable!

There were no computers back then :no:

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Win predictor was 4% when thala walked in crease. It reached to 24% before Jaddu got out. And here we have fans who think we were in game. Even computer told we had lost the game

Win predictor was 70% after we were 3 down. Are you this stupid or trolling? Seriously let me know so I can do something else with my time.

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Win predictor was 70% after we were 3 down. Are you this stupid or trolling? Seriously let me know so I can do something else with my time.

I am saad. I firmly believe top six superstars failed. they deserve some sort of kick on chin apart from Rohit as he was first to go. I wont blame Thala or Jaddu and give free pass to actual top order.

Our top order bats worse then Pakistani batsmen and fans want to win a world Cup

To all those who are blaming Dhoni for this debacle, they need to look at the scorecard when Dhoni and Jaddu arrived at the crease. 73/5 and 92/6. They were the last recognized pair at the crease. India in 2011 had Harbhajan and Zaheer who can tonk a few. This time we had Bhuvi, Chahal and Bumrah. And you know how they turned out in the end. If Dhoni had got out looking for a boundary, we would have lost it then and there with Jaddu at the crease in the non-striker's end. Dhoni had to bat till the end.

He took the right call under the circumstances. Jaddu to do the risks and once he got out, Dhoni had to go for it. He hit a six but was run out the third ball. Had that not been a direct hit it would have been 23 off 9 balls and you never know. The last over was by Neesham. Dhoni could have taken him to the cleaners. He hit 16 runs off that WI bowler in the last over. Neesham is a lesser bowler than him. Even Chahal hit a four off of him

1 hour ago, mishra said:

TBH, No one is Dhoni fan. But him and Jaddu are no mental midget. They are fighters and they did what better than their own abilities.

Exactly dhoni played as he always did from long time. For uday match I don't find him culprit he could have shown a little more intent but hey I would always take a gritty 50 like that when chips are down rathee than 41 centuries on useless encounter. May be dhoni would not have won the match even if he played till last ball but boy nz were never relaxed till the time he was there as that is the time he explode and he has knack of hitting 12-15 run in last over even at daylight of his career. So absolutely I don't blame him for his yday inning though I wouldn't want him to carry on and I would also want complete revamp of TM.

Edited by raki05
21 minutes ago, mishra said:

yes, it was NZ's game to lose at the point. When Jaddu was in, were one wicket away from getting all out in no time. Even when Jaddu was going great guns, India was looking down the barrel. All Dhoni did was take it deep until he had to go for it. And he did try. Fans are suffering from the loss and had to take it on someone. Dhoni is the usual target. Rohit too got out to a peach. It was Kohli who should be blamed for his dismissal. He had the option to play that ball straight and we would still be playing in the finals.

When you are 5/3, you are in trouble. Why didnt Kohli put Dhoni in at 4 or 5. Atleast after Karthik got out, I expected him to be at the crease. Kohli is to be blamed squarely. If at anytime Dhoni was needed to eat some dots, it was at 5/3. Having him go nuts against Pant when he got out is just insane after he played around a regular inswinger from Boult. I don't think Kohli is building a good atmosphere for the team going by his actions. If the selectors had some sense, they would put Rohit as an ODI captain.

5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Exactly dhoni played as he always did from long time. For uday match I don't find him culprit he could have shown a little more intent but hey I would always take a gritty 50 like that when chips are down rathee than 41 centuries on useless encounter. May be dhoni would not have won the match even if he played till last ball but boy nz were never relaxed till the time he was there as that is the time he explode and he has knack of hitting 12-15 run in last over even at daylight of his career. So absolutely I don't blame him for his yday inning though I wouldn't want him to carry on and I would also want complete revamp of TM.

No carry on please. He must retire. Indian Team needs to find their won feet

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

yes, it was NZ's game to lose at the point. When Jaddu was in, were one wicket away from getting all out in no time. Even when Jaddu was going great guns, India was looking down the barrel. All Dhoni did was take it deep until he had to go for it. And he did try. Fans are suffering from the loss and had to take it on someone. Dhoni is the usual target. Rohit too got out to a peach. It was Kohli who should be blamed for his dismissal. He had the option to play that ball straight and we would still be playing in the finals.

When you are 5/3, you are in trouble. Why didnt Kohli put Dhoni in at 4 or 5. Atleast after Karthik got out, I expected him to be at the crease. Kohli is to be blamed squarely. If at anytime Dhoni was needed to eat some dots, it was at 5/3. Having him go nuts against Pant when he got out is just insane after he played around a regular inswinger from Boult. I don't think Kohli is building a good atmosphere for the team going by his actions. If the selectors had some sense, they would put Rohit as an ODI captain.

Exactly for yday loss it was all kohli from team selection to his own batting and on top of that fake antics.