Pandya is the only “allrounder” to neither have a 50 or a 4fr

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

For Pandya to be a gun bowler, then you would hav to drop him and send him back to domestic and ask him to improve his bowling and come back and earn his comeback, since Indian team is no place to give chances to players who can utilize their stay in the team as stepping stone to become fast bowlers. Pandya is no where even near the bowler what some of the other young bowlers are in India like Saini etc, who are the real potential bowlers and should be tried now solely because they have shown potential to be good at international level. 

Good we are on the same page now. hope other Pandya fans get it. I still think Pandya has the ability to be a gun batsman than a bowler in him. He should have been made the no.4 and given responsibility to build proper innings. This "floater" etc are bs terms. how many times is Butler used as a floater or Stokes etc? may be once in a while but most times their slot and roles are fixed.

He is neither thinking like a proper bat or a bowler. this is team managements fault too and also trying to accomodate Dhoni's shortcomings, again it's all interrelated like the butterfly effect.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

@Ankit_sharma03^ I never said his performance was poor. It was average at best. Sorry none of his innings had the quality of innings played by other allrounders Stokes,Neesham and even Grandhomme. After a good platform coming all guns blazing is a “cameo” not a great innings.

He wasnt Avg....Most days he did teh job for the team. Their are some players who ll have to do dirty work and their stats dont look good...Raina was a similar case. Most Lower order batsman cnt boost their stats. 

Jimmy Neesham had only 1 good innings..... Neesham score was 97 coz he did a diff role and pandya did a diff but both did their jobs. 

CDGH had 2 innings 

Pandya had 3 good innings against - Eng, Aus, WI 

Again ur looking just at that milestone figure 

Stokes played 4 clutch knocks, Neesham and Grandhomme got 50’s when their team was back to the wall. Adding Brathwaite’s knock

Brathwaite one innings rest fail in whole Wc......Pandya did his job for the team for team in more games. 

Stacking up personal runs doesnt mean it helps the team. In pandya case no one can doubt his innings against Aus, WI made the diff.......just becoz it didnt have 2,3 runs to complete 50 its not less. 

Again ur looking at milestone 

Our bowling was outstanding and he was a good supporting act. Nothing extraordinary.

In a team of 11.....all 11 cant be outstanding . He is not a bowler as well...he will always be a support bowler which is what is the job of 5th bowler. In Indian team 11 player play apart from rohit n somewhat bumrah no one was extra ordinary. 

Was Yuvraj, rohit, kohli, rabadda etc etc extraordinary in their 1st Wc

Never once did I call this a poor performance. It was mediocre at best. Once again if you are happy then I am not stopping you. To each his own.

Patience .....cricketers take a lot of time to evolve. In Indian team only u can name only few like kohli, dhoni, bumrah who were performing at top from start. These guys Like yuvraj, rohit, Zak......took yrs n yrs.....and they played hell lot of domestic as compare to pandya. 

U think i wudnt want him to perform at his best .....ofcourse i wud but doesnt mean i loose patience. I knw it ll happen but with time . If cricketers with better calibre has taken 5-5 yrs why not him. Its easier said then done........he wont evolve just by saying. It ll only happen as he keeps playing more and even with failures . 

People had an issue that u cant trust him with 10 overs....he has started doing that 

People complained he only bowls short stuff.....he added great variety now only ones who doenst watch the game complain. This Wc he has used cutters to gr8 effect 

People complained he just slogs....well he showed he can put a price on wkt. About building an inning it comes with time n batting up the order not when u alone have the responsibility to take RR 10+

So nobody can tell me he is not improving

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Good we are on the same page now. hope other Pandya fans get it. I still think Pandya has the ability to be a gun batsman than a bowler in him. He should have been made the no.4 and given responsibility to build proper innings. This "floater" etc are bs terms. how many times is Butler used as a floater or Stokes etc? may be once in a while but most times their slot and roles are fixed.

He is neither thinking like a proper bat or a bowler. this is team managements fault too and also trying to accomodate Dhoni's shortcomings, again it's all interrelated like the butterfly effect.

With whatever he was asked to do, he outperformed. He had more meaningful contributions than Kohli . The only ones better than 

Pandya in this 11 are Bumrah Shami and Rohit. I think he produced wickets when the min one couldn’t .. and Pandya was not sent in earlier to bat. He has potential to be number 5..

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

For Pandya to be a gun bowler, then you would hav to drop him and send him back to domestic and ask him to improve his bowling and come back and earn his comeback, since Indian team is no place to give chances to players who can utilize their stay in the team as stepping stone to become fast bowlers. Pandya is no where even near the bowler what some of the other young bowlers are in India like Saini etc, who are the real potential bowlers and should be tried now solely because they have shown potential to be good at international level. 

Pandya is not a bowler....he doesnt have to be a gun bowler.  He just has to be a support bowler. U think neesham, CDGH, even stokes are gun bowler . They ll win u games with their bowling one odd occasion. Their job is not to be a gun bowler. 

Comparison of Saini n Pandya is bizzare........they dont even play the same role for the team 

18 hours ago, maniac said:

Unbelievable atl east guys like Rohit,Virat and Dhoni have a great body of work that speaks for itself and have these hardcore fans (not me :) ) but even guys like Pant and Pandya have these militant defenders (Zen well I can understand :) )  who have done jack :hmmmm2:.

Their body of work didnt happen in few years. When they came even they had defendants and none more then Rohit . 

Nothing wrong in being a fan of young talent.....it shows ppl have eye for talent. Easy to take credit when someone has done well 

18 hours ago, maniac said:

Look I think Pant has a great potential but Pandya sorry has gotten the most golden treatment ever in the history if Indian cricket and hasn't lived up to the hype. as a fellow person who grew up in Mumbai would say bits and pieces to the core.

No one gets a golden treatment ....not even sachin tendulkar son wud get that. Team needs him hence he plays

These fellows need to learn the meaning of bits n pieces- pandya alone can play in this team for his Power hitting so that means he commands a place in team at 6,7 just as batsman itself ...one mumbaikar just got schooled for calling someone bits n pieces a day ago 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pandya is not a bowler....he doesnt have to be a gun bowler.  He just has to be a support bowler. U think neesham, CDGH, even stokes are gun bowler . They ll win u games with their bowling one odd occasion. Their job is not to be a gun bowler. 

Comparison of Saini n Pandya is bizzare........they dont even play the same role for the team 

Not comparing, your boy above Maniac wants Pandya to be a gun bowler if he can't score 50, so I suggested send Pandya to domestics then.

Unless we find any replacement for Pandya, Pandya will continue to feature in ODI's for a long time. 

43 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Not comparing, your boy above Maniac wants Pandya to be a gun bowler if he can't score 50, so I suggested send Pandya to domestics then.

Unless we find any replacement for Pandya, Pandya will continue to feature in ODI's for a long time. 

Pandya can get into this side for just his batting.. bowling and fielding are big bonus. Pandya would probably score 100s if he batted top of the order... 

3 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

Pandya can get into this side for just his batting.. bowling and fielding are big bonus. Pandya would probably score 100s if he batted top of the order... 

May be, for that Thala has to be permanently ousted. Lot of musical chairs have been played with middle order by Kohli and management.