Ben Stokes - hero of WC 2019

On 7/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, chewy said:

Had doubts about him, but match winner, world.cup.winner!!

We.keep comparing Pandya to him, I know Pandya doesn't bat as high, but Pandya got.nothing.on Stokes. You want to be considered half.decent then emulate some of the guts Stokes shows.in England colours 

Hopefully this WC 2019.puts to rest any special expectations from Pandya. 

Btw, even Hardik Pandya's.poistion in the team.is up.for debate 

Pandya is not fit enough to lick Stokes auss! He has a long way to go. Woh “kar” payega Kya?

On 7/15/2019 at 12:48 AM, maniac said:

Ben Stokes has already been a man of the tournament in IPL,hit a 200 in SA etc 2 years back. We are still talking about Pandya’s potential 3-4 years since his debut and playing in all formats 

At similar stage of their careers

Pandya 54 ODIs, 38 innings, 957 runs@30, SR of 116, 54 wickets@41

Stokes, after 38 inings of batting, 886 runs@25, SR of 94, 53 wickets@38

In Tests

Pandya 11 Tests, 532 runs@31, 17 wkts@31

Stokes(after 11 tests), 683 runs@34, 29 wkts@43

I can't really see any difference in those numbers. 

59 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Stokes is just fine as a bowler , he may be better than Pandya atm but the gap is not as big as their batting . 

lets not go by stats as they are misleading, For example MSD played at comparable S/R and very good RR but still India lost many games because of his batting. I follow both English team and Indian team.

Stokes scores all around the ground and his shots are based on timing. Pandya currently relies on throwing the bat at every delivery. hence as a fan,  You can rely on Stokes to win the game for you as he is as good as any proper batsman. Pandya is hack +. He hasnt got same survival and strike rotation technique as Stokes. (Put timing and stroke play and defense and strike rotation criteria to Judge upon  and you will see why Pant isnt doing well, Hackism works and Shahid Afridi gets a fastest cenury, but he was never relied upon apart from couple of peak years)

For bowling, Stokes is proper bowler too. he can swing, reverse swing, accurate line and gets wickets when batsman dont want to get out. So he is as good as second bowler in Indian team. If he was part of Indian team , I wouldn't be surprised if he opened bowling with Bhumrah. On contrary, Pandya gets wickets like Ali bhai gets the wickets. i.e. Batsmen are relaxed and are attacking him to get few runs and in process throw their wicket.

Edited by mishra
2 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Credit to Stokes, stepped up in the key games.

Punching that guy in the head was the best thing to happen to Stokes' career. Has improved leaps and bounds

He was very good right from start. ECB was desperate to get him into Ashes squad because they knew, Stokes can be the difference between England surrendering vs England competing in Ashes.

Not just test cricket, People are forgetting how destructive Stokes overall IPL career has been. Guy is a gun in tests, he is a Gun in IPL. Shows he is complete player as he can perform in a range of formats at highest level

On 7/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, Moochad said:

Yes hes very talented, but I wouldn't compare him to ABDV. At least in IPL teams have gotten him early by bringing on a spinner. I think Kiwis missed a trick by not bowling spin to him early. 

they only had santner and williamson, and of the two only the former can be something of a threat. I think leggies can do well against butler, but they need to have well-defined plans.