Why do all other cricket nations dislike England? esp when they win anything?

chewy

Thing is I've seen a lot of hatred on social media but been to a lot of games involving asian teams including India and none of them have given off any indication that they hate us. They're either two faced bastards themselves and hide their hatred well, too scared to show it in front of people rather than behind a screen, or they don't hate us at all

11 hours ago, urnotserious said:

So if my grandfather stole a picture frame from your grandfather, we both know it occurred. You ask for it back as its just a picture frame and I decline to give it back. Does that not make me an asshole?

tht's why  i said there is ' general dislike of them not doing well'.  This  'rude and arrogant attitude'

10 hours ago, YCCC said:

Thing is I've seen a lot of hatred on social media but been to a lot of games involving asian teams including India and none of them have given off any indication that they hate us. They're either two faced bastards themselves and hide their hatred well, too scared to show it in front of people rather than behind a screen, or they don't hate us at all

Everyone does this. It's because people have to behave in certain way in public. There are laws in place. You cannot easily show hatred or say anything nasty to anyone's face even if you strongly feel like doing it. If there were no police and laws in place, then you would have seen the internet hatred in reality too. That's why police and laws are there. So people have to be content with hatred on internet as cyber laws are still not enforced that strongly.:winky:

2 hours ago, haiwan said:

Everyone does this. It's because people have to behave in certain way in public. There are laws in place. You cannot easily show hatred or say anything nasty to anyone's face even if you strongly feel like doing it. If there were no police and laws in place, then you would have seen the internet hatred in reality too. That's why police and laws are there. So people have to be content with hatred on internet as cyber laws are still not enforced that strongly.:winky:

They could just ignore us or be rude if they really hate us, no law against that, but they didn't, they chatted and were courteous and polite throughout. Well maybe not the Pakistanis but that's just the way they are. The internet just gives a platform for nutters of all nationalities to speak out. Fortunately true match attending fans are not like that 

23 hours ago, Stumped said:

Yes, it'd be wrong to hate a nationality based on the actions of others many years ago. I'm English and don't go around hating on Germany because of the past.

to be honest, there is not much of hate for England in India, any dislike is based on pompous commentary and bragging that all sides do which is pretty common. 

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

telling someone to their face that they hate them is not possible unless you are a hooligan and ready to deal with the consequences. 

I get that but why bother smiling, saying good morning as most did to me anyway. I dislike a few people at work and if I see them around the office I ignore them. I dare say a few dislike me back and they too just blank me. I went to 4 India games and not once did I feel anything but warmth and a welcoming atmosphere for the love of cricket. I guess when I hopefully visit India in winter 2020/21 I will have to see what Indians are like at home...

Pretty much every Indian I observed was happy and seemed incapable of hating anyone. That is why the Indian social media persona is such a shock to me as it goes against what I have experienced with Indians in all walks of life in the real world

Edited by YCCC
25 minutes ago, YCCC said:

I get that but why bother smiling, saying good morning as most did to me anyway. I dislike a few people at work and if I see them around the office I ignore them. I dare say a few dislike me back and they too just blank me. I went to 4 India games and not once did I feel anything but warmth and a welcoming atmosphere for the love of cricket. I guess when I hopefully visit India in winter 2020/21 I will have to see what Indians are like at home...

Pretty much every Indian I observed was happy and seemed incapable of hating anyone. That is why the Indian social media persona is such a shock to me as it goes against what I have experienced with Indians in all walks of life in the real world

cause thats how 99% people feel. internet is basically the cess pool of humanity.

ok have some fun.

Read this funny American perspective of what happened in the final. Its a fun read.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/7/15/20694541/cricket-world-cup-tiebreaker-england-new-zealand-super-over

9 hours ago, YCCC said:

They could just ignore us or be rude if they really hate us, no law against that, but they didn't, they chatted and were courteous and polite throughout. Well maybe not the Pakistanis but that's just the way they are. The internet just gives a platform for nutters of all nationalities to speak out. Fortunately true match attending fans are not like that 

pakistanis do not believe in laws. They even attack :police:. They only believe in one law.

8 hours ago, YCCC said:

People here in India hate england mostly because of their british media like BBC and guardian who is constantly doing negative propaganda against India and hindus especially. They use our traitors for this purpose.

My brother's brother lives in england and his wife is white british. He says that his british wife is very nice to him and prepares nice apple pie and feeds him regularly. He is an doctor and his british wife is a nurse.