India vs West Indies | 1st Test | Antigua | Aug 22-26 2019 | Match thread

1 minute ago, adi B said:

I was about the mention this .Indian bowling is miles ahead of England on fast ,pacey wkts.

I would match Indian bowling with any team in the world on any pitch.It is stinky batting which is problem.Rahul plays like a tailender, other than Kohli and Pujara there is no one there.

Aussies might have more depth but Indian depth is not bad either, This is some payback for all the demolition by WI fast bowlers in 70s and 80s.

Indian batsmen were at receiving end for so long.Shut up Karthik  this is awesome bowling.

Just now, Cricspin said:

Prefer watching Rohit bat in ODI than Kohli.

Also prefer watching Pujara, Rahane, Vijay, Rahul batting well in test compared to Virat Kohli. I understand Kohli is our most consistent batsman across formats, but for some reason I don't enjoy watching his batting as much. Just personal preference. Neither is on-drive, square cut, straight drive is pleasant to my eye. Same goes for pull shots or cover drive.. Just something odd in the way he holds his bat, meets the ball and the follow through.

Pujara is a great test bat but cmon no way is he exciting  to watch. Maybe on a 5th day pitch when he is fighting out to save the game but that’s about it.

Rahul yes once in a while can be exciting to watch

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

cant blame him..i guess every English guy in the planet is high now..what a win man.

Stokes...*ing hero. god feels good that one..Aussies are probably mentally decimated now.

They are too mentally strong. Won’t be surprised if they bounce back and England let the guard down after this high.

England should have been 2-1 up anyways

6 minutes ago, adi B said:

True but we need solid backups ,bhuvi is one ,umesh another but unreliable .

On Indian pitches ,I'd play bumrah and shami 

No you don't play a new comer at the expense of these players just for sake of creating depth..If they are rested they will get a chance, they have to wait for their chance.

Saini is going nowhere, if he is good, he will deliver when his chance comes.He has other avenues to show his talent and keep himself in match shape.

This nonsense that players have to be rested against weaker teams so new comers can get a chance is ridiculous.

Edited by putrevus
2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

cant blame him..i guess every English guy in the planet is high now..what a win man.

Stokes...*ing hero. god feels good that one..Aussies are probably mentally decimated now.

As @SK_IH said ,i am jealous of the English fans lol .

That said I think 2016 September-2017 March was the best Indian season I've ever seen ,was such a great time to be an Indian fan ,same last year and before the world cup this year 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

They are too mentally strong. Won’t be surprised if they bounce back and England let the guard down after this high.

Yeah England should have won the second test ,actually it all depends on the toss ,Australia will get stronger with Smith and starc coming back .

It's all about the toss 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

besides they did compete very well but it was Stokes the guy who well.. the guy is more like a medieval warrior or crusader etc fighting to save his city/family/children etc against tyrants --> that guy. Riddiculous

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No you don't play a new comer at the expense of these players just for sake of creating depth..If they are rested they will get a chance, they have to wait for their chance.

Saini is going nowhere, if he is going when his chance comes he will deliver.He has other avenues to show his talent and keep himself in match shape.

This nonsense that players have to be rested against weaker teams so new comers can get a chance is ridiculous.

No one is saying they should be played ,this trio should play for every big test series but we need backups for injury .

Shami ,bumrah can easily get injured so we need the backups at some points .

Also we can play them against lesser sides like Lanka, windies ,Bangladesh at home 

2 minutes ago, adi B said:

No one is saying they should be played ,this trio should play for every big test series but we need backups for injury .

Shami ,bumrah can easily get injured so we need the backups at some points .

Also we can play them against lesser sides like Lanka, windies ,Bangladesh at home 

Saini is the backup even now ,  why should Bumrah bust his balls against stronger teams only to see some other guys take all the easy matches and enhance their stats.

You are essentially punishing Bumrah and co for being too good.Saini or any fast bowler in domestic cricket are back ups, if and when need arises they will have to play anyway.

Ishant plays only tests so he does not need any rest, Bumrah is only guy who needs rest.It applies to batsmen too.

1 minute ago, Cricspin said:

I was not speaking as much about exciting to watch. Not from an attacking perspective. We don't have a Sehwag mode player anymore. I was talking more like pleasing to the eye which can be a personal preference thing. 

Pujara definitely looks nicer with his strokeplay when he is in flow compared to Kohli for me.

Fair enough