Tripura HC bans animal sacrifice in all temples with immediate effect

Gollum

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

^ All agreed. But India of today is easily accessible from people of various parts of India. So North Indians are living in Sout, South Indians are living in North, Rajasthanis are living in Assam and vice versa and its going to further improve. India is better of with a identity of Gandhi and non violence. As a nation , we can not give verdicts or go to a path which is against Gandhi's basic teaching.

This applies to people of every religion and region in India. As I said, Judge had a option of issuing a advisory to do a internal debate and then enbsure if and how this practice can be discontinued as this ritual is not obligatory to Hindus i.e. Not every one living in Tripura does the "Bali" to maintain his Hindu faith.

Obligatory does not factor into syncretic non western religions. This aspect of western imported legalese cannot apply to non western scripturally non decisisive religions. That’s the problem here. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Obligatory does not factor into syncretic non western religions. This aspect of western imported legalese cannot apply to non western scripturally non decisisive religions. That’s the problem here. 

What you see as problem, I see as solution. We should take this route "not a obligatory" route among Hindus and continue to reform and improve our socio/religious life. Now, some may say, its not a improvement, but some like me say is a improvement and we still remain Hindu

24 minutes ago, mishra said:

What you see as problem, I see as solution. We should take this route "not a obligatory" route among Hindus and continue to reform and improve our socio/religious life. Now, some may say, its not a improvement, but some like me say is a improvement and we still remain Hindu

Not obligatory route is not excuse of the Jain leaning western Indic Hindus to seek change in others way of practice that is not a defined ill of society. Buddha , Shankara etc, did not know of evolution and evolutionary beings like us being product of environment and evolution. If they did, their ethics wouldn’t have considered killing for food by a being evolved to eat dead meat as unethical. Anyways, see you think veggie ism is ethical. I think veggie ism is borderline unethical due to our omnivorous nature. But I am not demanding your not obligatory to be veggie route be abandoned in your temple. So don’t insist on making others temples veggie either, is what I am saying. These do not need reform. 

^ As evolution we have been given brain too. So we can think and decide. Just because We have ability to exploit every resource on planet and beyond, Doesn’t mean we must. We can decide on what is good enough for survival and happiness. Given option , I will choose something which does respect right to life of others. I firmly believe I am correct in that thinking.

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Not obligatory route is not excuse of the Jain leaning western Indic Hindus to seek change in others way of practice that is not a defined ill of society. Buddha , Shankara etc, did not know of evolution and evolutionary beings like us being product of environment and evolution. If they did, their ethics wouldn’t have considered killing for food by a being evolved to eat dead meat as unethical. Anyways, see you think veggie ism is ethical. I think veggie ism is borderline unethical due to our omnivorous nature. But I am not demanding your not obligatory to be veggie route be abandoned in your temple. So don’t insist on making others temples veggie either, is what I am saying. These do not need reform. 

That's dumb. By the same account before we discovered fire, we used to consume raw meat. Forget religious or ethical grounds People have been embracing a veggie diet all over the world due to a lot of scientific research that Veggie diet is healthy,  It is another thing if you want to eat meat because you like the taste but this is the other end of the spectrum like the hipster who rubs his veganism in your face. Stop these dumb justification.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

That's dumb. By the same account before we discovered fire, we used to consume raw meat. Forget religious or ethical grounds People have been embracing a veggie diet all over the world due to a lot of scientific research that Veggie diet is healthy,  It is another thing if you want to eat meat because you like the taste but this is the other end of the spectrum like the hipster who rubs his veganism in your face. Stop these dumb justification.

He is a certified dumbass.

10 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

He is a certified dumbass.

Apparently eating only vegetarian is unethical as man is omnivorous. I think Mulo doesn't eat Chapati, Rice and bread as they are unnatural. May be next time I drive through the boring wilderness of Nova Scotia or something we might see Mulo running around chasing after animal prey without guns or weapons, full national geographic style :laugh:

5 hours ago, mishra said:

^ As evolution we have been given brain too. So we can think and decide. Just because We have ability to exploit every resource on planet and beyond, Doesn’t mean we must. We can decide on what is good enough for survival and happiness. Given option , I will choose something which does respect right to life of others. I firmly believe I am correct in that thinking.

That’s not the point. The point is, ethically, you cannot consider a fundamental biological behaviour of an animal as immoral, unless you are employing Christian logic of original sin. What a species eats, how it socializes with its members, how it proctreates- these are fundamental biological behaviour and how can that be unethical ?? It’s like saying cows are unethical for being lusty over the alpha bull, instead of monogamous. Or that we are unethical for not being solitary as tigers.

It makes no ethical sense to say a species is wrong for eating something it has evolved eating. That cannot be unethical without a predetermined Christian-like God throwing down random rules. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Apparently eating only vegetarian is unethical as man is omnivorous. I think Mulo doesn't eat Chapati, Rice and bread as they are unnatural. May be next time I drive through the boring wilderness of Nova Scotia or something we might see Mulo running around chasing after animal prey without guns or weapons, full national geographic style :laugh:

This is what he said earlier “You come to our culture, you follow our rituals”.

Sometimes he’s atheist, sometimes Buddhist, sometimes etc.. :phehe:

3 hours ago, maniac said:

And we still eat raw meat when we want to. Tatakis and sushi conosseuirs day hello.

my point is simple: you cannot consider any fundamental biological behaviour of a species to be unethical in prakriti, without an arbitrary ‘forbidden fruit’ argument of Christians.

we have been eating meat way before we’ve been eating vegetables and grains and if people think on the idea of how can this be unethical for an animal to evolve as it has, this becomes elementary.   

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

This is what he said earlier “You come to our culture, you follow our rituals”.

Sometimes he’s atheist, sometimes Buddhist, sometimes etc.. :phehe:

That’s like saying there is no such thing as a cultural Hindu who is atheist. You need to read your own bloody RSS manifesto. I have always said I am a theological atheist, who is culturally Hindu and who philosophically leans Buddhist. That’s not a hard thing to understand unless you are a certified duffer. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

If I eat vegetables and meat, I am an omnivore. If I only eat meat, I am a carnivore and vice versa makes me a herbivore. I’d say yes, given that our bodies derive nutrition the best from omnivory and that is what our species is evolved to do, being pure vegetarian or carnivore is basic denial of optimal diet for the body on an ethical value based scale and therefore , unethical to ourselves, our children etc. 

32 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

If I eat vegetables and meat, I am an omnivore. If I only eat meat, I am a carnivore and vice versa makes me a herbivore. I’d say yes, given that our bodies derive nutrition the best from omnivory and that is what our species is evolved to do, being pure vegetarian or carnivore is basic denial of optimal diet for the body on an ethical value based scale and therefore , unethical to ourselves, our children etc. 

Omnivore, Herbovire what is this 3rd grade biology classification of species?

Simple what makes us humans is our consciousness and way we constantly evolve . We used to eat raw meat, discovered fire and cooking that meat, then figured out growing rice and wheat, adding spices etc etc

Our ancestors have mentioned the benefits of adopting a vegetarian diet and effects it has on our brain.At the same time they also acknowledged the benefit of meat for someone who needs huge amounts of protein like a warrior,laborer etc.

Hindus have figured out the connection/neural networks between the gut and brains long before it became a modern science thing where it gets huge funding  as part of bio-technology and bio-hacking.

We are constantly evolving and adapting. In fact even back in the day warriors and kings consumed meat but once they gave up the lifestyle and retired to the Himalayas as sages they started a vegetarian diet .

Today you can get plenty of supplements for protein in fact even a lot of athletes are taking up vegetarianism and veganism.

So why don't you stop this bs about omnivore and ethics and this pseudo gyaan. It is fine if you enjoy eating  meat. good for you , that's about it. It has nothing to do with ethics or how the human body is structured. Taking a life of a defenseless animal for pointless reasons makes you a barbarian. simple . 

Edited by maniac

33 minutes ago, maniac said:

Omnivore, Herbovire what is this 3rd grade biology classification of species?

Seems you veggie munchers needed basic reminder of what species Homo sapiens is.

Simple what makes us humans is our consciousness and way we constantly evolve . We used to eat raw meat, discovered fire and cooking that meat, then figured out growing rice and wheat, adding spices etc etc

None of these are evolutionary behaviour. Consciousness is not defining characteristic of humanity: plenty of other species are. We just happen to be best at it.your comment is as inane as saying what defines Cheetahs is ability to run. At the end of the day , we are also animals.

Our ancestors have mentioned the benefits of adopting a vegetarian diet and effects it has on our brain.At the same time they also acknowledged the benefit of meat for someone who needs huge amounts of protein like a warrior,laborer etc.

Its meat that made us smarter and gave us enough calorific buffer to have time to develop tools. Either way, what is not speculative, is that eating meat is good for us, our optimal diet is an omnivore diet and that’s completely natural and ethical. 

Hindus have figured out the connection/neural networks between the gut and brains long before it became a modern science thing where it gets huge funding  as part of bio-technology and bio-hacking.

Ok. Hindus are also omnivores and most ancient Hindus ate meat, including Brahmins. We see evidence of this in the vedas itself. Hinduism is not just Jain influenced veggie munching, even if that’s the most dominant form now. 

We are constantly evolving and adapting. In fact even back in the day warriors and kings consumed meat but once they gave up the lifestyle and retired to the Himalayas as sages they started a vegetarian diet .

We don’t know if we are evolving or not. This whole constant evolution is valid for entire bio systems and biota, but is not necessarily true on species level. We could be highly evolving like bacteria. Or we could be like Sharks, King Crabs or Dragonflies and this could be our final evolved avatar for another 200 million years. 

Today you can get plenty of supplements for protein in fact even a lot of athletes are taking up vegetarianism and veganism.

What people do out of ideology is irrelevant. Yes we have a choice. You have a choice to be unethical and deny your biology for nonsense ideology. Won’t be the first or only ones. Christians and muslims like to deny basic biology about sexuality. Many Hindus do the sameness over food. 

So why don't you stop this bs about omnivore and ethics and this pseudo gyaan. It is fine if you enjoy eating  meat. good for you , that's about it. It has nothing to do with ethics or how the human body is structured. Taking a life of a defenseless animal for pointless reasons makes you a barbarian. simple . 

It has everything to do with ethics. Just like how it’s unethical to judge an elephant for not jumping ( basic evolved biology) same goes for basic biology denial of humans. Until you can address the ethical question of how can it be unethical for a creature to follow its biological evolution, you have no counter to the basic fact that betraying your body’s  biology is objectively unethical. 

I am am not taking  a helpless animals life for pointless reason. I am doing it for the most fundamentally valid reason: to eat it. Explain to us how what an animal has evolved eating is unethical. You can’t, which is why you are dancing around the issue. And you speak as if taking an animal life for food is worse than taking a plant life for food. When we have evidence that’s plants can feel pain, they exhibit memory function and such. Your whole plants are ok but animals are not, to kill, is nothing more than basic animal bias for another animal, not objective ethics. 

Edited by Muloghonto

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

It has everything to do with ethics. Just like how it’s unethical to judge an elephant for not jumping ( basic evolved biology) same goes for basic biology denial of humans. Until you can address the ethical question of how can it be unethical for a creature to follow its biological evolution

Lol wut. Next time you get a headache stop taking Tylenol because you are cheating the basic biology of your immune system.

I don't even want to get into the rest of the post because it was exhausting  :laugh:

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Lol wut. Next time you get a headache stop taking Tylenol because you are cheating the basic biology of your immune system.

False analogy. Animals take all sorts of measure to relieve pain. We are ethically justified in chasing a good feeling and trying to end a bad feeling. 

I don't even want to get into the rest of the post because it was exhausting  :laugh:

Because you have no way of addressing the crux of the argument of how can it be morally unethical for any species to follow its basic biological evolutionary facts. We know. This is why I said that this whole veggie eating being ethical is just primitive nonsense that came from ignorance of evolved biology. 

Edited by Muloghonto

Is there any reputable study by the way that show's plants have brains,nervous systems etc.? I googled it. I mean normally we take this argument at face value but right now it just seems like something that is a just theory that is thrown around, no different from dinosaurs never existed or flat earth theory or Sasquatch. I mean people have tried to conduct research here as well. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Is there any reputable study by the way that show's plants have brains,nervous systems etc.? I googled it. I mean normally we take this argument at face value but right now it just seems like something that is a just theory that is thrown around, no different from dinosaurs never existed or flat earth theory or Sasquatch. I mean people have tried to conduct research here as well. 

Again, brain, nervous system etc are all animal bias talking. We do have cutting edge research that shows plants displaying memory, PTSD, negative response to pain, etc. Who cares if brain Ian present , if consciousness is present ?? It’s an assumption that brain is required for consciousness, based on animal observation of an intelligent animal(us). Nothing more. 

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Again, brain, nervous system etc are all animal bias talking. We do have cutting edge research that shows plants displaying memory, PTSD, negative response to pain, etc. Who cares if brain Ian present , if consciousness is present ?? It’s an assumption that brain is required for consciousness, based on animal observation of an intelligent animal(us). Nothing more. 

So in other words, there is no credible proof present but you have been using that as an argument in every other post :laugh:

22 minutes ago, maniac said:

So in other words, there is no credible proof present but you have been using that as an argument in every other post :laugh:

We have credible proof of behaviour. We have no credible understanding of the mechanics. You can not deny evidence of consciousness, aka PTSD, just because you don’t have a working model of how it works.