Dada 2004 team vs Kohli 2019 Team in test , who ll win in Indian conditions ?

I can tell  with conviction, Jadeja and Ashwin as good they are in Indian conditions won't be able to do much against a batting line up of Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman. India never had a better batting line-up against spin in it's history when those 6 played together. While the fast bowlers can definitely trouble 2004 some trouble I don't see how it will be worse than this current lineup against Kumble, Zak, Pathan and Bhajji. As far as spin is concerned, if they can manage against Warne , Saqlain and Murali, then they can definitely manage Ashwin and Jadeja.

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

I can tell  with conviction, Jadeja and Ashwin as good they are in Indian conditions won't be able to do much against a batting line up of Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman. India never had a better batting line-up against spin in it's history when those 6 played together. While the fast bowlers can definitely trouble 2004 some trouble I don't see how it will be worse than this current lineup against Kumble, Zak, Pathan and Bhajji. As far as spin is concerned, if they can manage against Warne , Saqlain and Murali, then they can definitely manage Ashwin and Jadeja.

they cud not manage saqlain 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they cud not manage saqlain 

They have played Saqlain well over the years if you look at how much he has troubled other teams. No doubt Saqlain had good success in 90s against India but there are quite equal number of instances when we played him very well. 

4 minutes ago, RajBan said:

They have played Saqlain well over the years if you look at how much he has troubled other teams. No doubt Saqlain had good success in 90s against India but there are quite equal number of instances when we played him very well. 

saqlain ran us over in 1999

then in 2004 when we wacked him in pakistan by that time saqlain was done n dusted . 

2 hours ago, RajBan said:

also jadeja n ashwin have troubled best players of spin around the world in their time in indian condition

williamson, clarke , abdv , sangakara n all who made runs against kumble bhajji 

It wont be same coz its a 4 men bowling attack with no breathing space . This attack gets wkts on new ball, with spinners , with reverse swing .

That time also twice went in matches with negative mindset against pakistan n engalnd and lost wkts to afridi, kaneria, udal .

The best way to stop that team as shown by Aus in 2004 by cutting their runs and our attack conditions does exacty that gives no breathing space

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

saqlain ran us over in 1999

then in 2004 when we wacked him in pakistan by that time saqlain was done n dusted . 

He bowled exceptionally well in 1999 but it's not that he was unplayable. Infact Chennai test Sachin and Mongia and later Joshi played him  well till Sachin could not continue and made that rash shot.

Also 1999 Sehwag and Gambhir was still not part of the team. Their inclusion in the team in 2000s made the team stronger.

also jadeja n ashwin have troubled best players of spin around the world in their time in indian condition

williamson, clarke , abdv , sangakara n all who made runs against kumble bhajji 

I am not convinced but could be wrong though that the current era will be able to handle quality spinners of Warne, Murali and Saqlain better than the previous generation. I have not watched all matches in recent times so could be wrong, so maybe a more in-depth statistical analysis might help. Will do some more research when I get sometime.

9 hours ago, RajBan said:

He bowled exceptionally well in 1999 but it's not that he was unplayable. Infact Chennai test Sachin and Mongia and later Joshi played him  well till Sachin could not continue and made that rash shot.

Not a rash shot it was a doosra which he played as an offie....he had trouble picking his doosra. That to every one wud play every bowler fine in some phases

Also 1999 Sehwag and Gambhir was still not part of the team. Their inclusion in the team in 2000s made the team stronger.

Gambhir wasnt even a part of saurav team. Gambhir only settled under dhoni. Infact when he debut under ganguly his technique had huge issues of going across. 

9 hours ago, RajBan said:

I am not convinced but could be wrong though that the current era will be able to handle quality spinners of Warne, Murali and Saqlain better than the previous generation. I have not watched all matches in recent times so could be wrong, so maybe a more in-depth statistical analysis might help. Will do some more research when I get sometime.

They wudnt play them that well apart from pujara , mayank but that doesnt mean our fab 5 will play current bowling line up easy in our condition. Infact ill say any batting lineup in world of past present  will find it extremely hard against our current attack in home conditions. Playing 2 bowlers in an attack is still easy but going past 5 world class bowlers as unit will kill any teams chances 95% of time that is why this team is so dominating at home . The best chance that team will have against this is sehwag coz on his day he cud have dismantled any attack specially spinners.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Strongest possible line ups Indian conditions based on players who have played Test Cricket in India.

India 2000 -2014

G Gambhir

V Sehwag

R Dravid 

S Tendulkar

S Ganguly

VVS Laxman

MS Dhoni

A Kumble

H Singh

J Srinath

Z Khan

India 2015-2020

R Sharma

M Agarwal

C Pujara

V Kohli

A Rahane

R Pant

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

I Sharma

U Yadav

M Shami

Definitely the 2000-2014 team is better and would win.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh
On 2/25/2020 at 4:46 AM, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Strongest possible line ups Indian conditions based on players who have played Test Cricket in India.

India 2000 -2014

G Gambhir

V Sehwag

R Dravid 

S Tendulkar

S Ganguly

VVS Laxman

MS Dhoni

A Kumble

H Singh

J Srinath

Z Khan

India 2015-2020

R Sharma

M Agarwal

C Pujara

V Kohli

A Rahane

R Pant

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

I Sharma

U Yadav

M Shami

Definitely the 2000-2014 team is better and would win.

Disagree - bowlers wins u games and 2015 team has far better bowling lineup.....new ball, spin , reverse swing , control, pace they have it all.....no weak link . 

1. Srinath pretty much dipped in that phase....he didnt play a lot of test post 2000 at home
  2. Bumrah will play ahead of ishant at home
  3. Shami , umesh are way better then zak was in home condition, infact shami has the best record in home condition n umesh is ahead of bhajji 
  4. 2000-14 team has better batting but 2015-20 has far better bowling at home
  5. If this team has rahane weak at home, ganguly wasnt that good to 

Disagree - bowlers wins u games and 2015 team has far better bowling lineup.....new ball, spin , reverse swing , control, pace they have it all.....no weak link . 

1. Srinath pretty much dipped in that phase....he didnt play a lot of test post 2000 at home
  2. Bumrah will play ahead of ishant at home
  3. Shami , umesh are way better then zak was in home condition, infact shami has the best record in home condition n umesh is ahead of bhajji 
  4. 2000-14 team has better batting but 2015-20 has far better bowling at home
  5. If this team has rahane weak at home, ganguly wasnt that good to 

I agree the current bowling attack is better but then again the current batting line up would be exposed by Kumble and harbhajan. Current players of spin are no where near as in the past.

I did not add Bumrah as he has not played a test in India yet.