Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini is a 6'1" quick bowler, who, in his best years, seamed the ball both ways while targeting thd top of off stump. He could regularly bowl 145 k+ in red ball cricket and 150 k+ in T20s when on song. Even now, he can bowl 140 k to 150 k spells.

He is a medium bounce pacer whose fuller balls often tend to be floaty and who looks good when bowling good length punctuated by bouncers. 

Saini never impressed me in white ball cricket, he was able to generate pace only from quarter lengths, rest were mostly medium pace ranging from 130-140.

He has horrible Yorkers- most of them are full-tosses and lower pace or beamers, he gives a day-prior notice before bowling a slower/shorter balls. and fuller balls were mostly floty.

Also he v. rarely bowled 150+ -may be 1/2 per match and the follow up balls were all sub 142s. His speeds were all over the pace from 130s - 150s.

I initially thought he could be good test option owing to his lengths but do not think he was fully fit in any of the test he played 

Edited by tapandrun
7 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Saini never impressed me in white ball cricket, he was able to generate pace only from quarter lengths, rest were mostly medium pace ranging from 130-140.

He has horrible Yorkers- most of them are full-tosses and lower pace or beamers, he gives a day-prior notice before bowling a slower/shorter balls. and fuller balls were mostly floty.

Also he v. rarely bowled 150+ bowls -may be 1/2 per match and the follow up balls were all sub 142s. His speeds were all over the pace from 130s - 150s.

I initially thought he could be good test option owing to his lengths but do not think he was fully fit in any of the test he played 

In 2019, he did bowl full overs above 150 k in SMAT and bowled a fastest of 153 k. 

And in that year, when he debuted for India in T20Is, he did bowl some accurate yorkers in the high 140s. 

I think his whole career went downhill after he split his finger webbing during IPL 2020. His fuller ball became floatier and he lost both accuracy and consistent pace. 

47 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he has exploited the tendency of selectors and TM to have uncontrollable orgasms on seeing so-called line-and-length bowlers operating at 125-130 kph

BCCI I can understand, but how can a private business buy a trundle like him? it’s bad investment.

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

There is plethora of local trundlers playing and resting in each franchise

IPL  is mostly a snoozefest if you dislike trundlers

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

IPL is trundler premier league - tpl

We saw some genuine quick bowling from Indians in 2022.  Partly due to the fact that matches were on bouncy pitches in Mumbai and Pune.

Umran

Sen

Prasidh

Bumrah

Mohsin

Tyagi

Shami 

Siraj

Simarjeet

Harshit

Even Khaleel, Umesh and Daysl were sharp.   

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

We saw some genuine quick bowling from Indians in 2022.  Partly due to the fact that matches were on bouncy pitches in Mumbai and Pune.

Umran

Sen

Prasidh

Bumrah

Mohsin

Tyagi

Shami 

Siraj

Simarjeet

Harshit

My suggestion would be to move to different countries.hope bcci allows them to play in phoren leagues.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umran

Sen

Prasidh

Bumrah

Mohsin

Tyagi

Shami 

Siraj

Simarjeet

Harshit

there are some exceptions, but some of the above did not bowl at full pace, and some only played a few games. IPL is still largely dominated by indian trundlers like booba and undercutta