Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

37 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Only England have two fast bowlers in Archer and Wood who can at times hit 150+. SA in Nortje. Aus Starc who isn't getting younger. SL Kumara. Pak Rauf. India now have Umran.

Umran must become a regular performer for Team India and then we will achieve the target to some extent.

As I wrote in the 150 kph thread .. a pool of pacers who can hit top speeds of 150 k to 153 k and another pool who can hit top speeds of 145 k to 147 k whenever they want .. must be our target.

50 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bumrah was around 89-90mph in that 4th test spell vs England...  And he was devastating to watch. 

90mph is the benchmark in Test cricket according to me. 

Bowling around 90 mph is possible in tests and should be the target for all quick Indian pacers including Bumrah.

Bumrah's bowling looks much more effective when he is around 90 mph. But this year, he is dropping down to 85 mph a bit too often for my liking.

For all the talk, not one bowler can sustain 145 on average let alone 150 in tests. No one. 

Fastest is 143 for nortje. Only cause he is relatively new. Let's see how long it lasts. 

Wood gets injured every second game.

Yes they bowl spells here and there at 145-152 ish. Maybe 2 two over spells Max. Then reverts back back 140s or late 130s. 

Licence the average is under 145. 

Be real. No one can sustain such speeds. Be realistic. 

Indian bowlers are fast when they want to be. Bumrah prime shami siraj umesh all can crank it from 140-150. 

Goal is to bowl 145 on average. That seems sustainable for enough spells.  

Skills plus pace is more important than pace alone. Otherwise wahab pre prime umesh varun Aaron wood would all be superstars. 

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

For all the talk, not one bowler can sustain 145 on average let alone 150 in tests. No one. 

Fastest is 143 for nortje. Only cause he is relatively new. Let's see how long it lasts. 

Wood gets injured every second game.

Yes they bowl spells here and there at 145-152 ish. Maybe 2 two over spells Max. Then reverts back back 140s or late 130s. 

Licence the average is under 145. 

Be real. No one can sustain such speeds. Be realistic. 

Indian bowlers are fast when they want to be. Bumrah prime shami siraj umesh all can crank it from 140-150. 

Goal is to bowl 145 on average. That seems sustainable for enough spells.  

Skills plus pace is more important than pace alone. Otherwise wahab pre prime umesh varun Aaron wood would all be superstars. 

Quick pacers can bowl  ....

Tests .... 137 kph to 150 kph .. Average 140 kph to 142 kph

LOIs .... 140 kph to 153 kph ... Average of non-slower balls at 142 kph to 145 kph.

If we get a couple of such pacers who are reasonably accurate, it is ok.

Edited by express bowling
59 minutes ago, Dery said:

We need bowlers who can move the ball at high pace or they'll get smashed just like wahab & sami used to

Good thing is .. just a bit of movement at high pace can be very effective if the pacer is reasonably accurate.

And swing at 145 kph+ is usually late swing which is less visible to us and far more difficult to tackle. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Aayush Thakur ..  5 for 38 from 8 overs.

Hangargekar .. 3 for 45 from 9 overs

Vasu Vats  ..  1 for 41 from 9 overs

What is this?u19 challenger or SMAT?Vasu and Thakur are u19

Whatever it is, where are they showing it?

Im not been able to see recent developments in domestic cricket,so kindly update

Edited by Suhaan
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Aayush Thakur ..  5 for 38 from 8 overs.

Hangargekar .. 3 for 45 from 9 overs

Vasu Vats  ..  1 for 41 from 9 overs

From little footage we have seen off hangargekar I find him to be quite impressive, easy action, seems quick of the pitch and attacks the stumps.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

None as I said. None of them have done that. Apart from Starc a few years back. And Mitch Johnson here and there some more years back. Loki doesn't even play test. Archer hasn't played test for long. Was struggling to hit 145 in NZ. Nortje too hasn't got 150 in test consistently. Mark Wood played against India but don't think even he was consistently hitting 150.

Mark wood was indeed hitting 150kph against India, not consistently but in patches, his average speeds since last year's wi series would probably be the quickest in test matches, oily stone out paced all our seamers in the test match that he played against India in Chennai. ATM India's pace cupboard is minimum, I fear the likes of prasidh, saini, mavi will not hit potential, all three from ishant, Umesh and shami will have a decline at the same time, selectors to don't seem in awe of ground reality, nagaswallah, porel and avesh I think are not good enough for test honours.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As Hangargekar has batting ability too, he will probably get fast tracked if he performs.

Does he play for Maharastra or vidharbha? Case study needs to be done on vidharbha's overall cricketing success, producing some great young cricketers

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Yes that too if bowled in good areas. Aaron and Umesh both were consistently 88-90 mph in Australia 2015 but got clobbered. Bumrah was so good because the ball was reversing. Doesn't happen in Australia. 

Pitches in 2014-2017 In australia were completely different, road like wickets with taller hit the deck bowlers finding some success, off late characteristics of Aussie pitches have changed, some scope for seam bowlers.

13 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Pitches in 2014-2017 In australia were completely different, road like wickets with taller hit the deck bowlers finding some success, off late characteristics of Aussie pitches have changed, some scope for seam bowlers.

It hasn't changed ****. I live here in Australia. It's the same as always. Huge boundaries. Flat wickets with springy bounce. True bounce. 

Shami etc in 2014 dint hit their peak at the time hence no one could get Smith out albeit a few dropped catches dint help either. 

21 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Mark wood was indeed hitting 150kph against India, not consistently but in patches, his average speeds since last year's wi series would probably be the quickest in test matches, oily stone out paced all our seamers in the test match that he played against India in Chennai. ATM India's pace cupboard is minimum, I fear the likes of prasidh, saini, mavi will not hit potential, all three from ishant, Umesh and shami will have a decline at the same time, selectors to don't seem in awe of ground reality, nagaswallah, porel and avesh I think are not good enough for test honours.

Well they need to be given chances which never seem to happen even in home tests. Don't understand why we can't blood new players in. We have A tours. Players who have done well in A tours more or less excel in the real game. 

Right now we have

Booms

Siraj

Umesh

Shami is on standby. He has maybe 2 more years in him max. He is definitely 35 not 31 rofl. 

Sharma is Past prime. 

Saini has a chance to come back. 

Tyagi needs to be blooded in quickly.

Umran should be in A tours soon

Prasidh is a good red ball pacer. Needs to be given a chance. 

As for young guns.

We will have:

Mavi who himself is quick well built. Hope he fixes his injury woes. 

Nikhil kohli - have to see more of him

W.basheer good talent

After watching the highlights of Pak v Afg game again I know what made Pakistan click in this tourney. 

Their pacers were quick & rushed batters. 

Afghan batters were batting with high intent. 

In Shehzad's dismissal he was beaten for Shaheen's pace when he tried to loft him.  Someone like Bhuvi/Shami would have been thunped for 4 or six by same line. 

Rauf got the better off Asghar same way..  He rushed him again.  AA was looking in fine touch up until that point. 

In short there is no future for Trundlers in white ball cricket. 

One express pacer & two 140k+ bowlers should be ideal pace combination in LOIs..  In my view.