What is the potentially best ATG Indian T20 XI.

vvvslaxman

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Can't believe Yusuf hasn't been mentioned yet.  Prime Yusuf was a quality T20 gun.  I will never forget the valiant effort he put in after Jadeja's shitshow with the bat in 2009.  The sight of Yusuf on his knees, desperately praying after hitting a 6, trying to get India home, was something else.

Assuming all players are at their absolute best - i.e. RP Singh in his WT2007 form, same for Yuvi, Yusuf in his 2009 form etc

1. Sachin Tendulkar (KL Rahul if you insist on T20I stats)
  2. Gautam Gambhir
  3. Virat Kohli
  4. Yuvraj Singh
  5. Yusuf Pathan
  6. Hardik Pandya
  7. MS Dhoni
  8. Harbhajan / Ashwin
  9.  Bhuvi / RP Singh
  10.  Y Chahal
  11.  Jaspreet Bumrah

this is atg ?

IPL 78 11 2334 100* 34.83 119.81 1 13 295 29 23 0
CLT20 13 0 265 69 20.38 109.05 0 1 34 4 3 0
4 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Interesting that most people have DK in their team but he is nowhere near the current T20I squad. He's 34, but easily has a couple of years of cricket left... Again, we're talking just T20s and no other formst

Easy choice....the other one was so worse that if pant had played 3-4 more innings by now pant wud have been in everyone XI 

The others never played so much to fail, dhoni akela hi itna hagga hai t20 men ki kisi aur ko haggne ka chance hi nahin mila

44 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Interesting that most people have DK in their team but he is nowhere near the current T20I squad. He's 34, but easily has a couple of years of cricket left... Again, we're talking just T20s and no other formst

Age is not that much of a factor in this format. Besides DK is a very fit guy. Just made a century in the Ranji against Karnatka.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Moronic selectors selected DK for odi world cup and have left out DK who is the best finisher in the country in t20s. There is noone who comes close to his skillset.

Exactly. I don't see any reason to leave out DK from T20. He should be selected only for that format in Internationals. DK and Pandya should be at 6 and 7.

Top 3 select themselves. 4 and 5 should be Iyer/Dube/Pant selected on a match-to-match basis.

8,9 - Sundar/Kuldeep/Chahal

9,10,11 - three quicks

That should be the squad.

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

Exactly. I don't see any reason to leave out DK from T20. He should be selected only for that format in Internationals. DK and Pandya should be at 6 and 7.

Top 3 select themselves. 4 and 5 should be Iyer/Dube/Pant selected on a match-to-match basis.

8,9 - Sundar/Kuldeep/Chahal

9,10,11 - three quicks

That should be the squad.

Yea.. but Kohli won't pick him after KKD failing in the world cup.  He is one guy who doesn't waste time settling down. If anything he is opposite of lot of other batsmen. Giving him time to settle down is the ultimate recipe for disaster. He should not have any time to settle down.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea.. but Kohli won't pick him after KKD failing in the world cup.  He is one guy who doesn't waste time settling down. If anything he is opposite of lot of other batsmen. Giving him time to settle down is the ultimate recipe for disaster. He should not have any time to settle down.

Yes, wrong inference based on wrong format. He got picked for ODI and even Tests based on his Nidahas trophy show... Now gets dropped in T20s because he failed in ODI

When you say T20 XI, do we count IPL/non T20 int or just T20I.

If just T20I then:

1) Gautam Gambhir

2) Rohit Sharma

3) Virat Kohli

4) Yuvraj Singh

5) MSD

6) Raina

7) Hardik Pandya (cheating a bit here, but I am sure he'll end up with excellent performances)

8) Bhuvi

9) Ashwin

10)Chahal

11)J.Bumrah

I am not happy with Dhoni in T20I all time 11 because he just doesn't have that kind of record but until Pant plays 20-30 games more and does well it's hard to look past MS because no one else has played anywhere close to the number of games he has.

12 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

When you say T20 XI, do we count IPL/non T20 int or just T20I.

If just T20I then:

1) Gautam Gambhir

2) Rohit Sharma

3) Virat Kohli

4) Yuvraj Singh

5) MSD

6) Raina

7) Hardik Pandya (cheating a bit here, but I am sure he'll end up with excellent performances)

8) Bhuvi

9) Ashwin

10)Chahal

11)J.Bumrah

I am not happy with Dhoni in T20I all time 11 because he just doesn't have that kind of record but until Pant plays 20-30 games more and does well it's hard to look past MS because no one else has played anywhere close to the number of games he has.

@velu will have mixed reaction about this team :cantstop: