ICF Chess Tournament

FischerTal

18 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I played black against @I6MTW and won. Here's the link https://lichess.org/mPq1dWBk

@FischerTal Similar to @Mariyam I too played my last match against him and won. I don't have any more matches to play. Please update the standings. As she mentioned about the tie between points for three people how do you resolve it. Also what does TB in the standings table represent :hmmm:

Edited by Real McCoy

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@FischerTal

I played the last of my league games against @I6MTW and won. I have mentioned it above.

https://lichess.org/bGxZG2aR

Can you please list out the current standings and what games are yet to be played.

What happens in case of a tie in number of points between two people? Does head to head record come into play?

Say A,B & C are tied on the same number of points, and A beats B, B beats C and C beats A. How do you rank the three?

scores have been updated. you can check the standings. 

as far as the ties are concerned,  this is the rule from the website

Wins vs Tied Participants

This tie break looks at the match record between tied participants. For example, if Katherine and Dave are tied based on statistics but Katherine won when they played during the tournament, Katherine wins the tie break. When more than 2 participants are tied, they're ranked by the number of wins each one had against the others. 

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

@FischerTal Similar to @Mariyam I too played my last match against him and won. I don't have any more matches to play. Please update the standings. As she mentioned about the tie between points for three people how do you resolve it. Also what does TB in the standings table represent :hmmm:

This tie break looks at the match record between tied participants. For example, if Katherine and Dave are tied based on statistics but Katherine won when they played during the tournament, Katherine wins the tie break. When more than 2 participants are tied, they're ranked by the number of wins each one had against the others. 

4 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Against others in this scenario means whoever is tied at the same points right. So what if there are 3 participants who are tied at the same win-loss record. As @Mariyam mentioned what if player A beats B, B beat C, and C beat A. Who gets to the knockouts

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Against others in this scenario means whoever is tied at the same points right. So what if there are 3 participants who are tied at the same win-loss record. As @Mariyam mentioned what if player A beats B, B beat C, and C beat A. Who gets to the knockouts

so the way it works is only top 4 go into knockouts. if there is such a scenario that you present(which seems unlikely), then it would only be fair for those players to play against each other again until one of those players wins against the other two opponents. its time-consuming, but fair.