ICF Chess Tournament

FischerTal

As per @Mariyam request, we are going to try another chess tournament here on ICF. If anybody is interested, please let me know in the next couple of days. 

Can Mods sticky this thread until then? @G_B_@Cricketics

Tournament Page- https://challonge.com/d832c58t

Tournament Server- https://lichess.org

Match instructions- If you haven't played on LiChess before, this is how it works. Go on the website, click Play with a Friend, then you will be presented with the Variant and Time Control. For Variant, pick Standard and for Time Control, pick Real Time. After you click Real time, you will be able to pick the length of the match and increment. Set the match length to 5 minutes and increment to 0. After that, click on  Random Side, which is highlighted by the King that is half-white and half-black. Its the middle option. Once you do that, a new page will appear which will give you the URL of the match. Send that URL to your opponent and once your opponent opens that URL, you can start your match.

Each player has an opponent for each round. Try to find a time that works for both of you and report the results to me and Ill update the tournament page. 

I have always posted a link to the official tournament server. Please play your games there. Also, as far match time is concerned, the majority have voted for 5 minutes with no increment so that will be the official policy for all matches played. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. 

Edited by FischerTal

On 12/20/2019 at 1:40 AM, Gollum said:

Would have loved to but in a remote location right now with shitty net connection, very erratic and lots of lag...maybe in the future will participate. 

You can try the chess.com lite app. Or play on lichess.org. On this website your opponent can keep adding 15s to your time should it appear that you have a disconnection/lag.