Year 2019 Review

vvvslaxman

11 hours ago, Suhaan said:

You cannot term it that way,every side put their best players at top

Problem is our top 3 our big time chokers,one of them was needed to carry his bat that day and we would have cruised to the final,but the tendency to bottle up by our finest batsmen in crucial moments have been our Achilles heel in recent times,we were 5/3 ,it has become a norm ,you can sum it up as choker top 3

Nothing. If India bats first in knock outs INdia will win. As simple as that. Chasing in world cup matches is very hard even against ordinary teams.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Nothing. If India bats first in knock outs INdia will win. As simple as that. Chasing in world cup matches is very hard even against ordinary teams.

Maybe partially true,but i have full faith on these 3 , specially Kohli ,he will choke batting first too and as master of chases he should have done that,that day

Edited by Suhaan
12 hours ago, putrevus said:

Yes, Australian series is far more important in terms of cricketing acheivement.

LOL in a WC year, NOTHING else counts more than the WC. You may try to spin it the way you want to.

Also, Australia's performance since Warner-Smith's return has shown the true worth of that series win by us. However, you (and the TM) can go on and on about how great the win was and how that win makes this team at par with WI of 80s and Aus of 2000s. 

BCCI Head Ganguly bursts the bubble of the Aus series win

They beat Australia in 2018. But I will still expect to win in South Africa and England," Ganguly told India Today. "And I think, they are going back to Australia next year. That's going to be a bigger challenge and I am sure with the standards that Virat [Kohli] sets for himself and the others, he will know at the back of his mind that the 2018 Australia team was not the best Australian team of this generation. And what he is going to face next year, which is not very far away, is going to be a different Australia."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28382491/full-strength-australia-2020-21-bigger-challenge-india-sourav-ganguly

Well done Dada for the honest plain speak. Hope this drills some sense into our bombastic coach and captain

Edited by ShoonyaSifar