ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

5 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Australian concussion sub is doing as well as any other top order batsman. Cheats of the highest order.

ICC sign off on concussion sub replacements. They are requested by the team and ICC says if its acceptable or not.

The team dont get to just choose whoever they want. Well i guess to an extent they do... but its not the teams choice entirely. It must be signed off by the ICC.

Match reference can also put restrictions on the involvemet of the sub.

1 minute ago, Fool said:

ICC sign off on concussion sub replacements. They are requested by the team and ICC says if its acceptable or not.

The team dont get to just choose whoever they want. Well i guess to an extent they do... but its not the teams choice entirely. It must be signed off by the ICC.

Match reference can also put restrictions on the involvemet of the sub.

All of that's fine, but let's not pretend that Aus didn't get a  batting upgrade here.  No big deal, but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

All of that's fine, but let's not pretend that Aus didn't get a  batting upgrade here.  No big deal, but it is what it is.

Oh 100%

And i personally dont think its fair either. Im not trying to say it is. Just saw the word cheat and it kinda "triggered" me i guess. Just wanted to point out we didnt make this call.

But as an example. Not trying to be a pain here. But look at the indian team. Its mostly all-rounders. If the "concussion sub" had happened to you guys in the same way, and it was the same "upgrade" the argument on social media would be "but they are both all-rounders" and so are kelly and scott.

Once again, not saying i agree with the decision and i dont think its fair. But im also not surprised it was allowed