ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

17 minutes ago, nsareen said:

world cup is round the corner!

who are the favorites this time around ?

today’s warm up matches India / Pakistan had easy matches & ended up in a one sided affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Observations so far. 

1) INDIA- No comparison with 2018 batch - see only couple of good batters and 1 pacer this time.

2) Pak will be much better than last time - 2 Good batters, good in spin. Pacers need to see .

2 Observations so far. 
     1) INDIA- No comparison with 2018 batch - see only couple of good batters and 1 pacer this time.
      2) Pak will be much better than last time - 2 Good batters, good in spin. Pacers need to see .

yeah ijaz ahmed keeps boasting of some players specially a 140+k bowler and an opening batsmen who is a medium pace bowler too shehzad and says he will definitely play for pakistan..

bangladesh are a very good team this time around

28 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

2 Observations so far. 

Wrong. Current team is no way inferior except this team Lacks sheer pace of Mavi-Koti who were rare species.  This team has several good bats in Jaiswal, Garg, Jurel, tilak, Rawat, Siddhesh. Three good seamers along with good spinners.

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Wrong. Current team is no way inferior except this team Lacks sheer pace of Mavi-Koti who were rare species.  This team has several good bats in Jaiswal, Garg, Jurel, tilak, Rawat, Siddhesh. Three good seamers along with good spinners.

i have watched few of the matches , may be good but not exceptional. Cannot  see something exceptional like that you see when Shaw , Gill , Padikkal, Pant  bat at that age .  I can only bet on Garg & Jaiswal as of now among batters .  

41 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yeah very good all round side. More effective rather than flashy players. The final wins in Asia Cup  and the recent tourney in SA shows the team can fight it out in tough times. Favourites for the cup for me.

world cup is round the corner!

who are the favorites this time around ?

today’s warm up matches India / Pakistan had easy matches & ended up in a one sided affair.

Where is this tournament held??

When does it start??

Warmup matches already started??

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

2 Observations so far. 

India might not be as strong as was in 2018  but still should be one of the favorites . Pakistan;s was the weakest ever in 2018, this time is a bit better, opener Haider Ali will play for Pakistan in 2 years, one to watch for,  also captain Rohail Azhar is knocking at the national team door already. This Pak team should perform better than 2018 but I don;t believe on the typical hype created regarding other players, I have to see it to believe it. One left arm spinners is already tipped as "world class" although the poor lad is yet to play in 2nd X1 of Provincial team. 

India might not be as strong as was in 2018  but still should be one of the favorites . Pakistan;s was the weakest ever in 2018, this time is a bit better, opener Haider Ali will play for Pakistan in 2 years, one to watch for,  also captain Rohail Azhar is knocking at the national team door already. This Pak team should perform better than 2018 but I don;t believe on the typical hype created regarding other players, I have to see it to believe it. One left arm spinners is already tipped as "world class" although the poor lad is yet to play in 2nd X1 of Provincial team. 

i agree probably the most hype created in the sub continent teams!! you just need to hear Ijaz giving interviews and you would realise..

10 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

i have watched few of the matches , may be good but not exceptional. Cannot  see something exceptional like that you see when Shaw , Gill , Padikkal, Pant  bat at that age .  I can only bet on Garg & Jaiswal as of now among batters .  

Padikkal didn't look anything special at that time and you are taking 4 names from three different teams. They didn't play in one u19 team. Jaiswal, Garg, Jurel are as good as those were.

Edited by rkt.india
18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Padikkal didn't look anything special at that time and you are taking 4 names from three different teams. They didn't play in one u19 team. Jaiswal, Garg, Jurel are as good as those were.

So we should expect some close games this time even when India playing, last time most of the games India played were not close, 2018 India team was too good. 

49 minutes ago, First class said:

So we should expect some close games this time even when India playing, last time most of the games India played were not close, 2018 India team was too good. 

Conditions this time might be more bowling friendly closing the gap between teams.

18 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Could you please let me know - 

1)  Do you rate  the 6 you named at par or above with Shaw & Gill ? 

2)  Do you have any one at par or above in this team who match Mavi & Kamlesh .

If yes please let me on what basis this assessment is done .

If no -   conclusion is very clear . 

People like Ganguly , Simon Doull, Ian Bishop who are legends of the game are not blind , esp.  opinion from neutral like Bishop & Doull.

Opinion by people  like me and you ...   Ok lets forget it.. Each for his own..  

Edited by prudent_kreeda
d
7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

1) Yes. That's because  Padikkal  had some thing in him which he developed and today looks to have little streaks of Yuvi , Gail in his stroke play and has  even outclassed  KL in stroke making when they played .  Shows he has something that is above the ordinary . Hence i consider him exceptional . I did throw up a query to Expresse ji on this forum almost a year ago , what he thinks about him , since even at that time i saw something elegant about his batting.

If the 6 named by you are as good as Padikkal , they need to show ASAP  as the age difference between Padikkal and them hardly few months  in most cases . 

2)  I am  more interested about young talent and who are ready to jump to A  level straight away and be a potential contender for national call in a year or year & half .  Those are the guys am interested in . Does not matter if he played in 2016, or 18 or 20.  That is what i am looking for in this team , anyone of that caliber?   I consider only Gill , Shaw , Pant ,Padikkal as exceptional in the recent past and that why i took their name and asked are there any of that level ?

I may have formed an opinion , but  see that opinion is supported with other developments .

1) If they are exceptional they cannot miss IPL talent scouts -  Did any IPL team picked them , we may see their play ,may be few shots , balls etc. But these talent scouts would ask them go through practice sessions , look how plays spin , pace , short stuff, running , shots he has etc. before picking him

Not sure if  Jurel, Siddesh , Tilak , Rawat  got picked by any IPL Team , did they ?

That why i am betting only on Jaiswal , Garg.  Further needs to see them in WC.  last time Jaiswal  was bounced out by SA quick. Lets see in WC .

If they come up good , will be very happy . 

Anyway  will stick this up these names - " Jaiswal, Garg, Jurel, tilak, Rawat, Siddhesh "  and see the results 1 year from now , how many are potential contenders for national team .

Am sure some will accompany Lomror - The next big thing in Indian Cricket  .............

Think someone wrote this sentence  in this Forum !!!!