INDIA A tour of New Zealand

shortbread

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What a pathetic performance....only good thing is Shaw batting , in all matches he played above 100 Sr that's the kind of opner we need.

he is a true dasher in the sehwag mould. pity the others (e.g. gill and mayank) have flattered to deceive in the series. and the proven failures like shankar have continued to fail when it really mattered [he made some inconsequential runs via tuk-tuking or bashed it around after a good platform was laid]

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

he is a true dasher in the sehwag mould. pity the others (e.g. gill and mayank) have flattered to deceive in the series. and the proven failures like shankar have continued to fail when it really mattered [he made some inconsequential runs via tuk-tuking or bashed it around after a good platform was laid]

Shankar, KP are fake allrounders. They can play some good knocks here and there but can't bat consistently to save their lives.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

all round failure. even pace bowling was poor and the spinners have been so-so. seems to me that change of coaches has led to downswing in fortunes.

I think they have done well with the new ball,especially Porel has been terrific. It's the death overs where they have really dissapointed and have pretty much lost India these games. 

Last match NZ were 100 odd for 5 , made 290+. Today 100 odd for 6 and they end up making 270. 

1 minute ago, Vickydev said:

I think they have done well with the new ball,especially Porel has been terrific. It's the death overs where they have really dissapointed and have pretty much lost India these games. 

Last match NZ were 100 odd for 5 , made 290+. Today 100 odd for 6 and they end up making 270. 

yes, you are right: I meant to say death overs pace bowling was poor. I agree that porel has started well always.

Just now, express bowling said:

4. SKY

5. Kishan

6. Shankar

7. Krunal

Is a weak middle order.

No proper batsman apart from Shankar. And his hitting ability at 6 is suspect.

he also does not seem to have the right temperament to chase and shepherd lower order. we are seeing too many openers and top order batters emerge these days: gaekwad, panchal, easwaran, reddy, padikkal, jaiswal, shaw, gill, agarwal.

This is why I am more interested in Priyam Garg than jasiwal or padikkal, both of whom are below 20 as well. it's because Ind badly needs solid middle order batsmen. having seen him bat as well as his List A record (avg of 47 and 90+ SR), I am hoping he can develop into a good player 2-3 yrs from now.

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Off topic post but have you watched Vinland Saga? 

yes, I read a bit of manga beforehand so I was looking forward to it. I enjoyed the adaptation, but I think it was just a little bit overhyped. still a very good show - fluid animation, good artwork, and of course compelling story and characters.