Who would be your choice to replace Kedar Jadhav at No. 6 in ODIs?

Who would be your choice to replace Kedar Jadhav at No. 6 in ODIs?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your choice to replace Kedar Jadhav at No. 6 in ODIs?

• Manish Pandey
    • Suryakumar Yadav
    • Nitish Rana
    • Krunal Pandya
    • Shivam Dube
    • Axar Patel

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz butler at that time already had exp of 3-4 years

so after 50 match sample size even butler also avg 31....by that logic no one shud have invested in him also 

yuvraj singh avg was 30 till around 100 games so was rohit sharma, both are great in ODI format 

England was a **** team back when Buttler made his debut. Under Morgan, he helped them turn it around. 

Jadhav also made his debut at the same time as Pandya and look at his average. How many years do you need to improve? 

Pant is a must at 6 and is clearly a better option. 

15 minutes ago, Lannister said:

England was a **** team back when Buttler made his debut. Under Morgan, he helped them turn it around. 

Jadhav also made his debut at the same time as Pandya and look at his average. How many years do you need to improve? 

Pant is a must at 6 and is clearly a better option. 

If yuvraj n rohit can take around odi why not pandya

If butler had almost same number then why not give pandya more time.

No one denying that pant can be good at 6 but im against ur logic of pandya is affecting side coz his avg is low is nonsense...going by ur avg logic pant has even lower avg. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No one denying that pant can be good at 6 but im against ur logic of pandya is affecting side coz his avg is low is nonsense...going by ur avg logic pant has even lower avg. 

You want Indian team to waste 100 games on Pandya in the hopes of he will improve his game? That's ridiculous. 50+ games is more than enough for anyone to prove his mettle. He is a must for T20s, but India is better off without him in ODIs and Tests. 

9 minutes ago, Lannister said:

You want Indian team to waste 100 games on Pandya in the hopes of he will improve his game? That's ridiculous. 50+ games is more than enough for anyone to prove his mettle. He is a must for T20s, but India is better off without him in ODIs and Tests. 

were 50+ games anough for yuvi, butler, rohit, stokes??? Nooo na  

and he has done enough 

also let me knw if u knw anyone who can do that role- power hitter at end and seam bowling all rounder

u wanna play jadeja at 7 or what in ODI ?

Oh btw did u knw even stokes avg 29 after 50 games :p:

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

You're point doesn't make sense, why are you bringing Rohit & especially Yuvraj in here? Yuvraj played the second best ODI side ever, Waugh's Oz, in 2000 in a KO tournament & proved his mettle. Faced the best ODI side ever i.e. Oz in 2004 & scored a massive hundred down under, a great innings in Natwest final, played well at ICC CT in SL as well. Pandya has done nothing close in his initial years, the Oz series you are talking about had no Starc & a relatively depleted Oz.

If you are talking about potential, that favorite PP word, you might be right but Yuvraj & RSG both have much better ability than Pandya & they've shown it early in their careers. While Pandya is the best LO late hitter we've had in recent times, he's nowhere close to these 2 greats!

Edited by R!TTER
44 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

You're point doesn't make sense, why are you bringing Rohit & especially Yuvraj in here? Yuvraj played the second best ODI side ever, Waugh's Oz, in 2000 in a KO tournament & proved his mettle. Faced the best ODI side ever i.e. Oz in 2004 & scored a massive hundred down under, a great innings in Natwest final, played well at ICC CT in SL as well. Pandya has done nothing close in his initial years, the Oz series you are talking about had no Starc & a relatively depleted Oz.

Pandya got a MOM on his debut for his bowling

Has won us a test match in england 

Made almost a 100 on a spicy pitch in Sa against Rabadda, Steyn, philander, morkel 

was batting very well in CT final till jadeja got him runout 

Won MOS against Aus batting at 4 which had cummins in it

@zen- has already put some numbers

Pandya is a great choice. He has mostly batted at #7 but can move up to #5-6.  While chasing (a pressure scenario relatively), his performance is superb: 

• At #4, avg 60
  • At #5, avg 43
  • At #6, avg 47
  • At #7, avg 43

Pandya in form can win Ind a tournament

If you are talking about potential, that favorite PP word, you might be right but Yuvraj & RSG both have much better ability than Pandya & they've shown it early in their careers. While Pandya is the best LO late hitter we've had in recent times, he's nowhere close to these 2 greats!

he is a LO hitter coz that his role, he cant be play an anchor batting at 4

how do u knw how n  where pandya will endup ???

When these guys were struggling for 5 yrs they were termed finished or even watse of talent 

IF ur saying all those were great talent well they all had similar stats like pandya till that point which says pandya hasnt done bad at all 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Has won us a test match in england 

If he's the reason we won that test, he's also the reason we lost at least 3 others! You can't just big up his below avg numbers, in tests, & then skittle away all the valid criticism about other performances!

he is a LO hitter coz that his role, he cant be play an anchor batting at 4

In tests as well as ODI he's shown no such ability & please don't bring up our punching bags SL, otherwise there's also half a dozen tests, in SA/Eng away, where he's done jack!

When these guys were struggling for 5 yrs they were termed finished or even watse of talent 

That's not even remotely true, you're trying to rewrite history it seems! Yuvraj's major innings I've listed already, he had a dip in form but his ability was way above anyone new at that time barring Sehwag. RSG was instrumental in that inaugural WT20 win, he also had a huge role in the MO in VB series win circa 2008. I'm sure you have similar performances for Pandya lined up, don't you?

Just to be clear, I'm for Pandya in the (LOI games) lower order but comparing him to 2 of the best LO players ever is unwarranted atm, he has his major plus points but limited body of work behind him.

Edited by R!TTER
26 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

If he's the reason we won that test, he's also the reason we lost at least 3 others! You can't just big up his below avg numbers, in tests, & then skittle away all the valid criticism about other performances!

really was he only playing ?? i thought it was the team of XI.

We also played a test without him in england n lost that.....

chalo ill take ur crap logic atleast he won 1 others 0 

take most big all rounder career number till 11-12 test 90% wud be below avg.....u wudnt be even able to handle shakib or kallis stats

In tests as well as ODI he's shown no such ability & please don't bring up our punching bags SL, otherwise there's also half a dozen tests, in SA/Eng away, where he's done jack!

he was 2nd highest scorer for India in sa test series 

won a test match in england

u really have no idea what ur talking 

That's not even remotely true, you're trying to rewrite history it seems! Yuvraj's major innings I've listed already, he had a dip in form but his ability was way above anyone new at that time barring Sehwag. RSG was instrumental in that inaugural WT20 win, he also had a huge role in the MO in VB series win circa 2008. I'm sure you have similar performances for Pandya lined up, don't you?

dip in form ?? he was the most inconsistent batsman till 5 yrs. He avg 29 till 120 ODI 

2007-08 now u have reached 7-8 n yrs of his career well let pandya play that much 1st 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

really was he only playing ?? i thought it was the team of XI.

I didn't bring that point up you did, so fire away.

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We also played a test without him in england n lost that.....

chalo ill take ur crap logic atleast he won 1 others 0 

Yup, crap logic. Clearly the one at fault when the person who won us that solitary test was not the MoM in it, great going :two_thumbs_up:

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he was 2nd highest scorer for India in sa test series 

won a test match in england

Have you seen memento or the cheaper alternative Ghajini? You keep forgetting, god knows how many times., that batters in the LO had it much easier in that series as well as England. Take his fluke 90 out & he did nothing in SA, while in Eng he was vastly outperformed by Curran. But hey let's forget about that, because your reasons!

No he did not, the match was setup by Rahane, Kohli on the first day!

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dip in form ?? he was the most inconsistent batsman till 5 yrs

2007-08 now u have reached 7-8 n yrs of his career well let pandya play that much 1st 

Inconsistent huh do you have the numbers for other batters 5-7 at that time, when 2 new balls were not in place & we also had Warne & Murali besides many great old ball pacers?

I was talking about Sharma, RGS don't know what you're looking at?

Have you seen memento or the cheaper alternative Ghajini? You keep forgetting, god knows how many times.,

Were u the same guy who called him hancock n embarrassed urself for a few days disappearnce from ICF after he won the game

that batters in the LO had it much easier in that series as well as England. Take his fluke 90 out & he did nothing in SA, while in Eng he was vastly outperformed by Curran. But hey let's forget about that, because your reasons!

curran was playing in his home condition n i sad let him go out and play then we ll see n guess what now his avg is worse then pandya :p:

Also what was fluke about his 90 did he get runs from edge.....go watch the game all was from middle . yet he was the 2nd highest scorer that means others cudnt even do that much 

No he did not, the match was setup by Rahane, Kohli on the first day!

no when a player takes 5 wkts in matter of 6 overs that when the game is won 

Inconsistent huh do you have the numbers for other batters 5-7 at that time, when 2 new balls were not in place & we also had Warne & Murali besides many great old ball pacers?

5-7 were dravid, kaif, yuvi.....

so kaif avg was 33 till 120 ODi  better then yuvi whose was 29

I was talking about Sharma, RGS don't know what you're looking at?

n after that rohit was one of the inconsistent player who till 80 ODI had avg of 30 only 

Same Rohit doesnt have a 50 in Sa after 2 tours n pandya almost made a 100 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

From those options I opted for Rana; why not at least give him a run- certainly in the T20I side. Him (and Gopal and Surya Kumar) have done more than enough in the IPL to deserve a extended T20 I run. Hard hitting bat who bowls decent off spin. This short ball weakness may be valid, but thats true for Iyer too 

But It should be Hardik. Assuming the top 5 are fixed for near future, rightly or wrongly KL is the LOI keeper...then Hardik and Jadeja and 6 and 7, following by 4 bowlers will make a good ODI 11. Hardik is a good enough bat to be at 5 vene as others have pointed out. 

Ideal XI IMO

Rohit, Shikar, Virat, Iyer, KL, Hardik, Jadeja, Bhuvi/Saini, Shami, Jasprit, Chahal

It just makes for a longish tail though, wish one of the bottom four were better batsmen

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

were 50+ games anough for yuvi, butler, rohit, stokes??? Nooo na  

and he has done enough 

also let me knw if u knw anyone who can do that role- power hitter at end and seam bowling all rounder

u wanna play jadeja at 7 or what in ODI ?

Oh btw did u knw even stokes avg 29 after 50 games :p:

Let me repeat. We don't need shitty all-rounders just for the sake of it to be the best in the world. We already have very good batting and bowling unit, just need some sane and competent fellow to lead them. Not sure why you are comparing Pandya to Stokes and Buttler. Stokes is ICC player of the year, while Pandya was tossed out of Test team. He is yet to prove himself in ODIs, while Buttler is already a top player in limited overs cricket.  Pandya won't even make it to England team. 

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Let me repeat. We don't need shitty all-rounders just for the sake of it to be the best in the world.

U also said we dnt need rohit before 2019 wc so stop saying something coz it never works. 

If he is shitty well u might wanna stop taking pant name whose avg is lower or stop calling butler , stokws great who at same point had similar stats. 

So u hvnt made any point but only assumption which u have a record of been proven wrong.

We already have very good batting and bowling unit, just need some sane and competent fellow to lead them. Not sure why you are comparing Pandya to Stokes and Buttler. Stokes is ICC player of the year,

He didnt become icc player of year in 2-3 yrs it took him around 10 yrs. Before that he had many failures in international 

while Pandya was tossed out of Test team.

Get ur facts right if u cant get ur stats right, he was injured. The minute he got fit he was flown to aus 

He is yet to prove himself in ODIs, while Buttler is already a top player in limited overs cricket.  Pandya won't even make it to England team. 

Neither did butler prove himself in 50 games. Atleast use same yardstick

As others have pointed out,Hardik at 6 would only work if your 7 is also a competent allrounder,somewhat like the Razzaq/Azhar Mehmood combo that Pak used to have.

I would rather have a Pant(either Jaiswal is drafted in or Iyer improves his bowling to provide some cushion) or Rana/Sarfaraz/Samad at 6.

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Were u the same guy who called him hancock n embarrassed urself for a few days disappearnce from ICF after he won the game

Nope, haven't got a clue what hancock is & don't care either.

Cute, is that why you're embarrassing yourself for 2 long years when even Kohli, his biggest fan outside this forum, dumped him after the England debacle?

curran was playing in his home condition n i sad let him go out and play then we ll see n guess what now his avg is worse then pandya 

He was also a rookie, Pandya was in his 3rd year of intl cricket & yet here we are still asking what he is.

Because he is a frontline bowler, what is Pandya ~ let me guess an A/R when you want him to be, but clearly someone who's not good enough to be in the top 6 batters (unless you're saying he's better than Vihari) & nowhere good enough to be given a regular ball as soon by his captain's confidence in him.

Also what was fluke about his 90 did he get runs from edge.....go watch the game all was from middle . yet he was the 2nd highest scorer that means others cudnt even do that much 

You tell me, if it wasn't a fluke what did he score in the next 5 innings in SA? Oh wait don't embarrass yourself looking at the scores!

no when a player takes 5 wkts in matter of 6 overs that when the game is won 

That's BS, Clarke took 6/9 in India & Lyon had the best bowling figures in a losing cause at Bengaluru. If just a spell decided the outcome of the match then the likes of W/W would've been unbeatable playing for Pak.

5-7 were dravid, kaif, yuvi.....

so kaif avg was 33 till 120 ODi  better then yuvi whose was 29

I'm talking about (young) contemporaries from other teams, and why the cutoff at 120 ODI? Yuvraj also bowled more than Kaif, or do you not remember that?

n after that rohit was one of the inconsistent player who till 80 ODI had avg of 30 only 

Same Rohit doesnt have a 50 in Sa after 2 tours n pandya almost made a 100 

Yes, granted but as I've said already he has played more important inning than Pandya in LO especially outside Asia. The WT20+VB series showed he was good enough to be relied upon, your point of making Pandya an anchor is based on feelings.

Here we go again, I hope you're not talking about tests because that ship has sailed. He is good enough to come straight back in the LO side, but for tests he should do a lot more at FC level before he's even considered in places like Oz or England.

And with that Ciao, don't intend to keep up with the "embarrassment" of dealing with HP fans who're still trying to fit him in their plans for world domination. Ignored you are :bow:

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Nope, haven't got a clue what hancock is & don't care either.

Cute, is that why you're embarrassing yourself for 2 long years when even Kohli, his biggest fan outside this forum, dumped him after the England debacle?

Fact check he was injured, the minute he got fit he was flown to aus

And they were still waiting for his fitness before annoucing test squad

so check ur facts

He was also a rookie, Pandya was in his 3rd year of intl cricket & yet here we are still asking what he is.

Curran has played 17 test and pandya 11, the one playing more is a rookie 

Because he is a frontline bowler, what is Pandya ~ let me guess an A/R when you want him to be, but clearly someone who's not good enough to be in the top 6 batters (unless you're saying he's better than Vihari) & nowhere good enough to be given a regular ball as soon by his captain's confidence in him.

Curran cant play as a bowler in the team

Vihari vs Pandya - u cant compare a bowler vs all rounder....2 diff roles

nowhere good with ball- already won u a test match with ball

You tell me, if it wasn't a fluke what did he score in the next 5 innings in SA? Oh wait don't embarrass yourself looking at the scores!

pujara also scored in one innings out of 6...will u call that fluke

Rahul, dhawan, vijay, rohit, parthiv, dk cudnt even score in one innings 

u think its easy to score in SA against that attack 

That's BS, Clarke took 6/9 in India & Lyon had the best bowling figures in a losing cause at Bengaluru. If just a spell decided the outcome of the match then the likes of W/W would've been unbeatable playing for Pak.

so clarke helped his team getting team a total of 100 to chase if they didnt chase it its not his problem

5 wkts in 6 over is match winning

lyon took 8 wkts in 22 overs.....huge time diff 

5 over vs 22 huge diff 

I'm talking about (young) contemporaries from other teams, and why the cutoff at 120 ODI? Yuvraj also bowled more than Kaif, or do you not remember that?

arent u deciding pandya fortune in 50 odi n 11 test when biggest of the biggest player didnt have good number till that time. 

so he bowled much ??? now ur thinking about bowling ....doesnt pandya also offer bowling which u dont considering comparing him with vihari 

Yes, granted but as I've said already he has played more important inning than Pandya in LO especially outside Asia. The WT20+VB series showed he was good enough to be relied upon, your point of making Pandya an anchor is based on feelings.

Here we go again, I hope you're not talking about tests because that ship has sailed. He is good enough to come straight back in the LO side, but for tests he should do a lot more at FC level before he's even considered in places like Oz or England.

And with that Ciao, don't intend to keep up with the "embarrassment" of dealing with HP fans who're still trying to fit him in their plans for world domination. Ignored you are :bow:

well just to jog ur memory

won us the Ind-bang game in 2016 Wc t20 bowling last over

Won us Ind-eng t20 series final when england was going hammer n tongs he took 4 wkts

scored in CT final to only be run out by jaddu 

has won MOS batting at 4 against Aus which had cummins

Won MOM on debut for bowling

Go on u cant compete with me for very long n stats n facts which ur very poor at 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03