Will Ind make it to the WTC Final?

zen

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

India men to puri phainty padegi and with new batsman in SL u never knw 

If Eng do not do well in SL, it can be in a position where it has noting to lose in Ind so play with less pressure. While if Ind struggles in Aus, it will be under pressure to win almost every test 

21 minutes ago, zen said:

If Eng do not do well in SL, it can be in a position where it has noting to lose in Ind so play with less pressure. While if Ind struggles in Aus, it will be under pressure to win almost every test 

India cant loose in India with our current bowling attack- if there is a chance that wud be 2-3 of them getting injured . 

Shami- umesh-ashwin-jadeja is a no breather attack + kuldeep n bumrah . Not to loose attitude doesnt help u with skill and its mostly works in LOI. 

I dont see bowlers in England to 1st take 20 wkts in India and then they cant survive this attack. Aus ill give a bit of chance but the current attack is to hot to handle for any team 

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

India cant loose in India with our current bowling attack- if there is a chance that wud be 2-3 of them getting injured . 

Shami- umesh-ashwin-jadeja is a no breather attack + kuldeep n bumrah . Not to loose attitude doesnt help u with skill and its mostly works in LOI. 

I dont see bowlers in England to 1st take 20 wkts in India and then they cant survive this attack. Aus ill give a bit of chance but the current attack is to hot to handle for any team 

In WTC, a team gets points for either drawing or winning a test. Therefore, winning a series is not the only factor to qualify for the final.  For e.g. if Ind needs to win 5 tests to qualify for the final and Eng draws one, Ind would have won the series but not qualified. 

If some combination of Stokes, Buttler, Roots, etc., have a good series, it can get interesting. When folks count Eng out, it can surprise  :fear1: 

Edited by zen

No way is Eng escaping phainta in Ind, even if they draw a single test will be a huge achievement. Lol bowling attack with Bess as lead spinner:phehe: 

Only team that can challenge us in Ind is Aus but if we are fully fit even they will find it tough to escape humiliation. After what we did to RSA last year, I am sure some phoren players will fake injuries and skip the tour. 

Edited by Gollum
24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

NZ-Aus final methinks. Soft fixtures for NZ (home against poyzz, WI and away in Shakib-less BD) and unless we draw the Aus series we will bow out. 

NZ and Eng have a better chance v Aus in final in Eng esp. considering Ind can struggle in the first test of a series. 

Considering the pandemic scenario, I am not sure if the final in Eng will be held as per the original schedule. If Ind qualifies and plays at a time when there is support for spin, the match can get interesting. 

Edited by zen
47 minutes ago, zen said:

When folks count Eng out, it can surprise  

In england or maybe overseas against sides like sa, sl but no-way against india infact they ll get a pounding in Australia to that to am epic one.

In both conditions they dont have a bowling attack to take 20 wkts. Also their batting is very in inexperienced for those 2 condition. Ur forgetting butler the keeper can be minus to. 

A draw will also be possible in case of weather disturbance or a dead slow track where nothing happens. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
46 minutes ago, Gollum said:

NZ-Aus final methinks. Soft fixtures for NZ (home against poyzz, WI and away in Shakib-less BD) and unless we draw the Aus series we will bow out. 

I think shakib ban is getting over soon

Shakib Al Hasan is likely to make an immediate return to the Bangladesh team after his suspension deadline ends on October 29, with Sri Lanka the assumed venue of his comeback. ... Head coach Russell Domingo has said Shakib's return will depend on his fitness levels and possibly some match-time under his belt
19 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In england or maybe overseas against sides like sa, sl but no-way against india infact they ll get a pounding in Australia to that to am epic one.

In both conditions they dont have a bowling attack to take 20 wkts. Also their batting is very in inexperienced for those 2 condition. Ur forgetting butler the keeper can be minus to. 

A draw will also be possible in case of weather disturbance or a dead slow track where nothing happens. 

In  a 3 test series, I can see a potential for a white wash. I am not sure if Ind has ever won a 5 test series 5-0 (can be difficult to maintain intensity in a long series) esp. in the recent past.  IIRC, the last test series with more than 3 tests that we won (4-0) was in 2012/13 v Aus. But there is always a first time! 

Additionally, there could be pink ball tests as well v Eng (so have to see its impact - dew in evening for e.g.) :hmmm:

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, zen said:

In  a 3 test series, I can see a potential for a white wash. I am not sure if Ind has ever won a 5 test series 5-0 (can be difficult to maintain intensity in a long series) esp. in the recent past.  IIRC, the last test series with more than 3 tests that we won (4-0) was in 2012/13 v Aus. But there is always a first time! 

Additionally, there could be pink ball tests as well v Eng (so have to see its impact - dew in evening for e.g.) :hmmm:

Your favorite side got brownwashed here 4-0 in 2016/17. 2 of them innings defeats.

Let's consider a worst case scenario : England win everything in SL and India lose everything in Aus.

England 439   India 360.

Now when we play  england here, it is a 5 test match series and a win against england will give us only 24 points. So we need to get atleast 4 wins so that we can get 96 points and make it to 456.

But for england even if they get 2 draws they can get 20 points and make it to the finals.

So, bottomline even if we win the series 3-0 we may not make it to the finals. We need to win 4-0.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

13 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Your favorite side got brownwashed here 4-0 in 2016/17. 2 of them innings defeats.

Neither Eng is my fav test side, nor was it whitewashed as the first test was a draw in that series iirc .... In the recent past from what I recall, Ind has not whitewashed any team in a 5 test series. As discussed, there can always be a first time though. 

Though need to consider the impact of pink ball test too 

12 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

So, bottomline even if we win the series 3-0 we may not make it to the finals. We need to win 4-0.

That is not accurate as there is NZ factor as well. As mentioned in the OP, NZ can get 480 to 540. 

28 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

But for england even if they get 2 draws they can get 20 points and make it to the finals.

PS FYI, in a 5 test series (24 pts / test), points for draw = 8 per test. So if Eng draw two tests, they would get 16 

Is it safe to assume now  that Australia are the confirmed finalists while the other spot is up for grabs ?

Australia have a series at home against India and away series against Bangladesh and SA. I think they are in. 

Edited by javier26
7 minutes ago, javier26 said:

Is it safe to assume now  that Australia are the confirmed finalists while the other spots is up for grabs ?

Australia have a series at home against India and away series against Bangladesh and SA. I think they are in. 

Overwhelming favorite to get to 500+ points atm unless we consider a highly improbable scenario such as Aus losing most of its remaining games for e.g.

Edited by zen