2020 T20 WC in Aus

zen

Likely semi finalists  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Pick four teams!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2020 at 01:00 AM

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Yup in 'others',just click there and do the needful

Its like posting a poll, " which team will win WTC"  and not including India as an option, would be idiotic and childish, as India is ranked # 1, similarly Pakistan is the # 1 ranked in the world in T20. 

I think we should express our bias and emotions on "Chit chat " forum, keep this forum to discuss cricket in an honest way with little bias, just to have a good discussion. 

If we look at the SFs of all major events in Aus:

• 1985: Ind, Pak, WI, and NZ
  • 1992: Pak, Eng, SA, and NZ
  • 2015: Aus, Ind, SA, and NZ 

If SA and NZ continue the tradition, they would be in the SFs. That leaves Aus vs. WI and Eng vs. Ind fighting for the remaining spots :hmmm:

5 minutes ago, zen said:

If we look at the SFs of all major events in Aus:

• 1985: Ind, Pak, WI, and NZ
  • 1992: Pak, Eng, SA, and NZ
  • 2015: Aus, Ind, SA, and NZ 

If SA and NZ continue the tradition, they would be in the SFs. That leaves Aus vs. WI and Eng vs. Ind fighting for the remaining spots :hmmm:

SA doesn’t have the batting for T20s. They still have very good bowlers. Wi don’t have match winning bowlers, just some freaky batsmen.

I am going to pick Ind,Eng,Aus and then Nzl .

Pak is my dark horse 

WI and SA are underdogs with an outside chance

Rest are irrelevant.

T20 WC can also be about unfancied sides doing well. I want Ind to surprise me  in the WC  and Aus winning back to back ICC events at home may take the excitement of the unknown out of the tournament, therefore: 

Group 1: NZ and WI

Group 2: Eng and SA 

Objectively too:

• NZ do well in such events. Good AR side so will not be surprised if the Kiwis even manage to top the group. Plays WI and Aus at Melbourne 
  • WI have to be careful of Aus. The game is at Perth so may help WI quicks too 
  • Eng have the batting. Plays SA at Sydney and Ind at Melbourne 
  • SA. It will depend upon its key and young players to do well. Plays Ind at Perth so de Kock, Dussen, Klaasen, and company can bat well. Rabada and Ngidi, along w/ Steyn if playing, can be handful