Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

9 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Umesh actually deserves to be picked ahead of anyone but Shami in home tests. For matches abroad I agree he isn't among our best anymore.

Thing is ... we don't play rookie pacers abroad.

If we keep picking Umesh in tests at home ... and we play just 2 pacers in India ... then how will we get a new pacer ready for tests abroad, where we really need good pacers ?

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thing is ... we don't play rookie pacers abroad.

If we keep picking Umesh in tests at home ... and we play just 2 pacers in India ... then how will we get a new pacer ready for tests abroad, where we really need good pacers ?

Fair question. But now with the Test Championship and everything games against even weak sides have become vital. We must have a ODI bilateral series with total fresh faces and not worry about the results.

9 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Not sure about the selection but Siraj isn't that slow. He has bowled upto 149 in the previous year's IPL. Has been in the mid 140s this year too.

Problem dhakkan captain coach cabt differentiate between formats and conditions . They are yet to learn that umesh is only good with sg and indian condition. He has been wasting one slot every overseas tour 

Just now, Forward Defence said:

Fair question. But now with the Test Championship and everything games against even weak sides have become vital. We must have a ODI bilateral series with total fresh faces and not worry about the results.

My feeling is ... we should try to go for and develop all condition fast bowlers like Bumrah and Shami. We can have a deadly pace attack that way. 

At home, we can win almost all tests using Shami, Ashwin, Jadeja and say a new pacer in Saini.

Developing young quicks in bilateral ODIs is something I support strongly. 

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

Who would your five bowlers be? Bumrah,Shami,Ishant are automatic choices. Next in the pecking order is Saini. Who will be the fifth?

I would take Tyagi. I like him a lot, this would be very good learning experience for him. 

2 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Who would your five bowlers be? Bumrah,Shami,Ishant are automatic choices. Next in the pecking order is Saini. Who will be the fifth?

I think Bumrah, Shami, Umesh, Saini are fixed for tests. ( Not talking about my preference )

The 5th will be Ishant, if fit. If not then it should be Siraj.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I would take Tyagi. I like him a lot, this would be very good learning experience for him. 

I think Tyagi ... and all new quick bowlers ... should be introduced via bilateral ODIs. He can be in the ODI squad and as a practice bowler in the nets before tests.

Tyagi has played just 1 FC match and does not have the practice of bowling for 20 + overs a day with pace, intensity and accuracy.  Needs to play 10+ FC matches before making it to the test squad 

T20s is too skewed towards batters and even good bowling gets mauled. Not ideal for rookies.

Edited by express bowling

3 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Kartik Tyagi has played only one 1st class game. I don't think even his family is expecting a test callup this soon

He will go as understudy, he is not going to play any tests, you can always call up extra bowler if someone is injured. IMHO taking young bowlers to be part of the team will help a lot early in their career

I don't like bowlers who float that ball in Australia, they have to hit the deck hard. Siraj to me falls under floaters category.

Edited by putrevus

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He will go as understudy, he is not going to play any tests, you can always call up extra bowler if someone is injured. IMHO taking young bowlers to be part of the team will help a lot early in their career

I don't like bowlers who float that ball in Australia, they have to hit the deck hard. Siraj to me falls under floaters category.

Siraj can hit the deck very hard and get steep bounce. He can bowl 135 k to 145 k too.

But his problem is that he has a Jeckyl and Hyde syndrome. Can be amazing one day and rubbish the next day.

Edited by express bowling

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj can hit tge deck very hard and get steep bounce. He can bowl 135 k to 145 k too.

But his problem is that he has a Jeckyl and Hyde syndrome. Can be amazing one day and rubbish the next day.

I have not see him do that granted I have seen him in very few FC matches.  There is no place to hide in Australia, if one bowler has off day team will be in trouble.

Can he maintain 135 plus for 20 overs in day and then do it again next day is the question without leaking too many runs. I don't think he can do it.

Until last Australian tour not many bowlers Indian bowlers succeeded in doing that simple thing.

Edited by putrevus