Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Mavi in the last IPL that he played was around 145 with quickest of 149 or 150. It's his 1st game let's hope he gets back to that speed.

Mavi's bowling style is worrying me a bit. Speed is still ok.

He used to hit the deck hard for atleast 50% of his deliveries.

Today, he was just floating the ball up.

Hope he improves this aspect bro. !

Just now, express bowling said:

He was hitting the deck hard, didn't see any floating. 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Action looks almost same just seems not bending his back like he did before,can be understood as he's returning from stress fracture

Pat Cummins too suffered from it, doesn't bends his back always like he used to do before injury

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

I have no issues with mavi's speed ,key is not to pick up too many back to back injuries ,strength and rhythm will develop over time as he keeps playing.

I think the slight worry we are observing on this forum today is because of Mavi's interview, which I posted in the Cricket Talk section about a month back.

There, Mavi said things like " I don't think about speed" and " Bhuvi Bhaiya has told me that swing is my strength " etc.

1 minute ago, MultiB48 said:

I forgot about that ,but lets be honest he cant bowl 145kph + consistently if he is going to have a long career,look at guys like steyn ,archer, johnson they all have had their ups and down in terms of speed.Mark wood used to bowl with a reduced run up .It's part of being a pacer ,the dilemma of whether to go all out for pace or bowl at a decent pace .

We have no issues with it you bowl one/two spells with pace and remaining with decent pace,he has bowled well after coming back hope he gets back to his rythm and becomes a bowler for longer formats where pace matters atleast for few spells

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I think the slight worry we are observing on this forum today is because of Mavi's interview, which I posted in the Cricket Talk section about a month back.

There, Mavi said things like " I don't think about speed" and " Bhuvi Bhaiya has told me that swing is my strength " etc.

Bhaiya log aajkal kaafi chhaye hue hain. Bach ke rehna baba

17 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

I forgot about that ,but lets be honest he cant bowl 145kph + consistently if he is going to have a long career,look at guys like steyn ,archer, johnson they all have had their ups and down in terms of speed.Mark wood used to bowl with a reduced run up .It's part of being a pacer ,the dilemma of whether to go all out for pace or bowl at a decent pace .

If Mavi is thinking like a fast bowler, looking after his fitness and wants to bowl fast and bowl well ... then I have no issues with occasional slower spells. It is normal.

I think the Khaleel example has made us a bit wary, where a hit the deck tall pacer wanted to be a swing bowler ( same idol ) and lost himself for the time being.