Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

12 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Mavi bowls a beauty to get Rohit's wicket

Bro, here is a young fast bowler bowling beautifully at 140 k to 143 k.  But, apart from Bishop, none of the commentators seem excited.

2 overs for just 11 runs and a wicket ... 4 of those runs were off an edged 4 ... when the opposition was running away with the match.

But the commentators are discussing Pat Cummins again and again.

Compare this with Pakistani commentators. They get excited about their Musas and Fusas even they are getting hit but bowling 137 k+.

Till the time the Indian cricketer fraternity get excited about Indian fast bowlers, we will never get a good bowler bowling 155 kph.

And our lack of excitement about our fast bowlers rubs off on foreigners too. Danny Morrison was saying that Prasidh should not be bowling bouncers because he is not quick enough. And saying this while he was clocking 142 k to 147 k. Bishop corrected him and said that he is quick enough,  has a quick arm action and Bishop likes him.

We need more people like Bishop marketing our fast bowlers.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Bro, here is a young fast bowler bowling beautifully at 140 k to 143 k.  But, apart from Bishop, none of the commentators seem excited.

2 overs for just 11 runs and a wicket ... 4 of those runs were off an edged 4 ... when the opposition was running away with the match.

Compare this with Pakistani commentators. They get excited about their Musas and Fusas even they are getting hit but bowling 137 k+.

Till the time the Indian cricketer fraternity get excited about Indian fast bowlers, we will never get a good bowler bowling 155 kph.

And our lack of excitement about our fast bowlers rubs off on foreigners too. Danny Morrison was saying that Prasidh should not be bowling bouncers because he is not quick enough. And saying this while he was clocking 142 k to 147 k. Bishop corrected him and said that he is quick enough,  has a quick arm action and Bishop likes him.

This time, When India visited England and Australia, They did realise that Indian pacers are right their breathing down their bats neck. 

The best way to market our pacers will be, If India takes four genuine pacers against English batting line up during next English tour. Test match is where pace reputation will be created

41 minutes ago, express bowling said:

That's why bro I prefer watching the Dugout stream on Hotstar. Lee, Styris and Lara are more excited about Indian fast bowlers and keep talking about their pace. Lee praised Prasidh today and said he is a promising prospect - tall fast bowler who can bowl 145+. Bishop would have been a great addition to the Dugout team. In contrast Sanjay Banger and Badrinath are pretty subdued when it comes to Indian fast bowlers.

Edited by Mosher

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

This time, When India visited England and Australia, They did realise that Indian pacers are right their breathing down their bats neck. 

The best way to market our pacers will be, If India takes four genuine pacers against English batting line up during next English tour. Test match is where pace reputation will be created

Some reputation was made there.

But, my point is that, there does not seem to be sufficient excitement among the India cricket fraternity when an Indian fast bowler is doing well or bowling quick. And unless that is there, it is difficult to develop young fast bowling talent to the fullest extent.

Reputation is important at international level too. It puts psychological pressure on the opposition even before the series starts. And it eggs on the reputed fast bowlers to put in more effort to maintain their reputations.

Look at the press that Nortje is getting for bowling 156 k in a T20 match. He deserves it thoroughly and I am happy for him. But compare this with Bumrah bowling 153.3 kph in a test in Australia. Not a single commentator mentioned it and only Cricviz tweeted about it. And I would say bowling 153 k in a test match is as creditable as bowling 156 k in a T20. 

Bumrah averages 20.3 in test matches with a SR of 45. Has 68 wickets from 14 tests @ almost 5 wickets per test. But how many times do we hear it from commentators. 14 tests is not a very small sample size for a fast bowler. Roberts played just 47 tests and became great and Shoaib has played just 46 tests. 

This situation needs to be rectified.

19 minutes ago, Mosher said:

That's why bro I prefer watching the Dugout stream on Hotstar. Lee, Styris and Lara are more excited about Indian fast bowlers and keep talking about their pace. Lee praised Prasidh today and said he is an promising prospect - tall fast bowler who can bowl 145+. Bishop would have been a great addition to the Dugout team. In contrast Sanjay Banger and Badrinath are pretty subdued when it comes to Indian fast bowlers.

Bro, the problem is that it is the Bangar and Badrinath types who work with young Indian cricketers before they make it big. If they are not excited about good quality fast bowling, how will they motivate the younguns when they are developing !

53 minutes ago, express bowling said:

That Morrison m@d@¥¢h°d last year in one of the IPL matches said these speed guns are reading incorrectly they are deliberately giving high readings for Indian pacers when they are not at all quick, immediately after that match Prasidh,Saini,Bumrah(yes Bumrah too that too for a nobody like Morrison)were clocking 10-12 k lesser speeds while phorun pacers were clocking much higher,it was a deliberate attempt to undermine and look down at Indian pacers,many of these agenda driven phoren white shytes aren't able to digest the fact that we aren't behind in churning out genuine quicks like any other white teams

Somehow sanity prevailed and everything was fine after few days but it was worth boiling your blood,these ungrateful phoren commentators like Indian money but get their arses twisted while praising our quicks,only the genuine ones do it like Bishop,Doul

Indian insecure commies haven't helped either ,these phorenera won't respect our guys if our own oldies dont acknowledge the hard work,skills of our boys

37 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Some reputation was made there.

But, my point is that, there does not seem to be sufficient excitement among the India cricket fraternity when an Indian fast bowler is doing well or bowling quick. And unless that is there, it is difficult to develop young fast bowling talent to the fullest extent.

Reputation is important at international level too. It puts psychological pressure on the opposition even before the series starts. And it eggs on the reputed fast bowlers to put in more effort to maintain their reputations.

Look at the press that Nortje is getting for bowling 156 k in a T20 match. He deserves it thoroughly and I am happy for him. But compare this with Bumrah bowling 153.3 kph in a test in Australia. Not a single commentator mentioned it and only Cricviz tweeted about it. And I would say bowling 153 k in a test match is as creditable as bowling 156 k in a T20. 

Bumrah averages 20.3 in test matches with a SR of 45. Has 68 wickets from 14 tests @ almost 5 wickets per test. But how many times do we hear it from commentators. 14 tests is not a very small sample size for a fast bowler. Roberts played just 47 tests and became great and Shoaib has played just 46 tests. 

This situation needs to be rectified.

The things will change when we win overseas,  when we tour next England , SA .

I doubt if we can pull off  coming AUS tour . If we can , will go long way in that direction.

And we should win by relentless pace of high quality . 

When we won in Aus ,  our pace team got real recognition and as a pack what they did for the past 2 year was first highlighted .

When we won in WI , almost all  WI pace legends had high praise for them .  For me genuine praise from  neutral Pace legends means a lot .

I do not even expect these chillar indian commies to appreciate pace bowling .  Most of them have even not faced such bowling. How they can appreciate the nuances of a skill alien to them !

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

IF he starts bowling on a goodish length at high pace - (he was bowling around 145 -148 before injury in some spells ) , he is dangerous bowler . Has a sharp in ducker , seams some away just a bit , gets bounce on hard balls . may even be able to bowl 15 overs in a day in couple of years  -has the physique for that.

A  much better fit for tests at peak fitness than any other younger bowlers apart from Saini

18 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

IF he starts bowling on a goodish length at high pace - (he was bowling around 145 -148 before injury in some spells ) , he is dangerous bowler . Has a sharp in ducker , seams some away just a bit , gets bounce on hard balls . may even be able to bowl 15 overs in a day in couple of years  -has the physique for that.

A  much better fit for tests at peak fitness than any other younger bowlers apart from Saini

Agree.

Mavi gets both bounce and movement off his length balls. And this is a big plus.

Before injury he got some balls to absolutely fly through. 

This combination of big indippers and small away going balls, is not easy to tackle. He can be an absolute gem if he can combine this bounce and movement with his original high pace. 

Edited by express bowling

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Agree.

Mavi gets both bounce and movement off his length balls. And this is a big plus.

Before injury he got some balls to absolutely fly through. 

This combination of big indippers and small away going balls, is not easy to tackle. He can be an absolute gem if he can combine this bounce and movement with his original high pace. 

We have mostly seen him  with White ball . Mavi at peak 145-148 with a duke ball should get even more  movement , just need to maintain control.  

Why are you lot so insecure about pace LMAO. Who cares if the commentator doesn't go gaga over an Indian bowling above 140; and no the speed guns aren't tuned down deliberately just for the Indian bowlers. Saw the same "speed gun not working" bs on the NZ tour as well. 

Heard a lot about these upcoming quicks in India, from the highlights I've seen here and there haven't been too impressed by many. I still stand by what I said 2 years ago in that Mavi is the best of the lot from your upcoming quicks.  

21 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Why are you lot so insecure about pace LMAO. Who cares if the commentator doesn't go gaga over an Indian bowling above 140; and no the speed guns aren't tuned down deliberately just for the Indian bowlers. Saw the same "speed gun not working" bs on the NZ tour as well. 

Heard a lot about these upcoming quicks in India, from the highlights I've seen here and there haven't been too impressed by many. I still stand by what I said 2 years ago in that Mavi is the best of the lot from your upcoming quicks.  

Lol you should content with your "Child Uncle "prodigies....who trundle in pace havens and get outpaced,outgunned by opposite side's 3rd rate quick

Perhaps these speed guns should draw inspiration from third rate t20 competitions where every g@@ndu was clocking 150 everyday and huffing and puffing to cross even 140s outside of it,just turn up and get clocked 150,wow nice tag line to draw chewt youth i mean sweet youth

You guys should be the last ones who should be commentating on "tailunt"

Edited by Suhaan

8 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Why are you lot so insecure about pace LMAO. Who cares if the commentator doesn't go gaga over an Indian bowling above 140;

As usual a Padosi fails to understand the point. It is not about us on the forum becoming insecure about what commentators are saying. 1)  The young quick bowlers are toiling hard and they like it and get motivated when their performances and speeds are recognized by the cricketing fraternity.  2)  It is irritating to hear commentators discussing about X standing at the boundary while Y is bowling or batting. 

and no the speed guns aren't tuned down deliberately just for the Indian bowlers. 

No they aren't.   Agree.

Saw the same "speed gun not working" bs on the NZ tour as well. 

Indians were clocking good speeds in NZ. The Pakistanis weren't.

Only time will tell who is the best. Mavi, Prasidh and Nagarkoti are all coming back from long injury breaks  ... around 1 year for Prasidh and Mavi and 2.5 years for Nagarkoti. They will take a bit of time to get back into groove and full pace. That is natural.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Lol you should content with your "Child Uncle "prodigies....who trundle in pace havens and get outpaced,outgunned by opposite side's 3rd rate quick

Perhaps these speed guns should draw inspiration from third rate t20 competitions where every g@@ndu was clocking 150 everyday and huffing and puffing to cross even 140s outside of it,just turn up and get clocked 150,wow nice tag line to draw chewt youth i mean sweet youth

You guys should be the last ones who should be commentating on "tailunt"

There were only 3 people from memory who clocked 150 in the PSL. Those being Wahab (has crossed it before), Hasnain (bowled 150 in the CPL and 155 against AFG in a warm up match before the WC) and Shaheen who's clocked high speeds at international level as well. Rauf was injured during the PSL but I believe he crossed 150 in the BBL. 

Naseem is quicker than every bowler you have on average pace so pipe down LMAO. 

Pakistan's Young Players to Watch - CricViz