Watch thread: India's 3rd opener for t20 team

Ankit_sharma03

24 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Samson, Shaw, Mayank, devdutt  all have done better then dhawan

Let's see how they deal with Dhawan,

I think they are planning on Dhawan's replacement

Don't you think Samson can bat at 4,5 at best as Rohit,KL(not Dhawan),Kohli will be top 3 in 1-2 years time

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Let's see how they deal with Dhawan,

I think they are planning on Dhawan's replacement

i hope but all they have done in last few years somehow to adjust him even rahul did so well he was dropped for dhawan. Even when rohit took break they gave dhawan a chance not samson a run 

Don't you think Samson can bat at 4,5 at best as Rohit,KL(not Dhawan),Kohli will be top 3 in 1-2 years time

samson no ....he has always done well in top 3 only

whenever RR has tried to change his position to send him below 3 his form declines. He is like rohit 

Gill, mayank, Devdutt i feel can bat at 4 but shaw n samson can only in top 3

Neways Iyer has 4 locked as of now and TM has pandey as backup and their is pant

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i hope but all they have done in last few years somehow to adjust him even rahul did so well he was dropped for dhawan. Even when rohit took break they gave dhawan a chance not samson a run 

whenever RR has tried to change his position to send him below 3 his form declines. He is like rohit 

Neways Iyer has 4 locked as of now and TM has pandey as backup and their is pant

I got a feeling Samson can play at 4,he has good game against spinners means he takes on them and have developed as a power packed player in 2 years time,he can do it

Regarding Devdutt i  don't think he will break-in that soon

Gill,Samson lie ahead of him in the pecking order and rightfully so

Devdutt is an out and out opener unless he blazes away this season i don't think he will make the cut anytime soon

Edited by Suhaan

18 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Iyer is a good ODI bat but average T20 Player, has a limited hitting zone. And then there is Pant too. Samson/Pant can both play at 4-5. Pandya at 6.

There should be a clear cut plan to see that real good youngsters who are on the fringe of selection ,are given few chances at the earliest so that their learning curve  becomes shorter and gain experience of international cricket early . This may require to select those who seem more suited to T20 get selected for T20 team only and those better suited for 50 overs get selected for 50 overs only initially. Those who really excel in the chosen format then may get considered for the other format also.

1. T20 - Select Sanju, Bishnoi , Rana , SKY  & Kamlesh only for T20 ( workload post injury an imp. factor considered for Koti).

2. Select  Gill , Shaw , Saini  & Mavi for 50 overs  with a view to play them in Test matches .

This will mean players who are to be considered for test matches do not mess up their game  by changing too much to suit the T20 game , hence playing them in 50 overs and tests only..

3. pandya , Pant & KL  will be in both T20 & 50 overs .

4. Impact of Iyer in T20 games need to be reviewed - a more consistent Samson can replace Iyer in T20 .

5. VK may need to come at 4 both T20 & 50 overs - as he has massive experience and now supposed to be good enough to make runs from #4 position.  

This will, mean you are playing  Sanju, Shaw , Gill , Bishnoi, Kamlesh , Mavi  and we will be on our way to find ready replacements for Dhawan, Rohit , Chahal, Kuldeep , Shami .

6. Feel time has also come to re induct KL to test team - to start with at no 5 or No. 6 .

If you do not plan this way , result will be - to test 1 guy you will have to give him 7 -8  matches  that my mean at least 6 months . You may test just 2 guys in a year . This will lead to huge frustration for others not selected and we may loose some big talents .

On 9/21/2020 at 12:01 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

game -1 

dhawan- 0

On 9/25/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Game -2

dhawan 35 in 27 (only increased his s/r when he got halwa balls in slot from jaddu)

Game 3

Dhawan 34 in 31 

@Khota

Aaj nahin uchaloge , 3 match only 69 runs with a horrible s.r  

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Game 3

Dhawan 34 in 31 

@Khota

Aaj nahin uchaloge , 3 match only 69 runs with a horrible s.r  

One was rout. Two consecutive 30's not bad. I am not married to Dhawan like you are to Pandya. If Dhawan does not perform he needs to be out. I will not make excuses like you do. All the time.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

One was rout. Two consecutive 30's not bad. I am not married to Dhawan like you are to Pandya. If Dhawan does not perform he needs to be out. I will not make excuses like you do. All the time.

Dhawan hasnt performed in international t20 yet u have made excuses. Pandya has been a Top IPL player yet u never considered ....kahin to tikk ja