[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

3 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Are all seasons linked to each other. Which is the best season.

First 3 are classic after that it's a little messed up as many new characters are introduced but catches it up in final season. 

The cast is so huge & diverse including the locations & I think this show was one of a kind.  Ending is mind boggling & people still talk about it lol

Pataal Lok - 10/10. 

Exhausting viewing but a very good watch.

The perceived Hinduphobia is all a beat up. The story is about caste politics and caste violence.

Anushka Sharma is very brave to have her name associated with something like this. 

Sacred Games is no comparison to Pataal Lok. Sacred Games is full of plot holes you can drive a truck through. 

Mirzapur, Gangs of Wasseypur next on the list. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

Finished watching Super Deluxe.

Gorgeous cinematography. Beautiful set pieces. Great stories. 

But, felt let down by the sub par acting in places. Pity, it had the potential to be such an amazing film.

6/10.

I watched that movie with zero expectations, so loved it. Whose acting let you down? Do you understand Tamil? I relied on subtitles, so can't really comment on the dialogues.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, nikred said:

I watched that movie with zero expectations, so loved it. Whose acting let you down? Do you understand Tamil? I relied on subtitles, so can't really comment on the dialogues.

Didn't think Samantha's acting was up to par.

Soori and all friends were all a let down as well. 

Ramya Krishna was excellent, as usual. 

Samantha's demeanor was confusing. It was like she was distant, lost in her thoughts most of the time.
Now I am not sure if that was how the character was written or if that was what she interpreted or that's just the way she acts. But she was believable/good at that crucial scene with that slimy cop.

4 minutes ago, nikred said:

Samantha's demeanor was confusing. It was like she was distant, lost in her thoughts most of the time.
Now I am not sure if that was how the character was written or if that was what she interpreted or that's just the way she acts. But she was believable/good at that crucial scene with that slimy cop.

That char that played Ramya's husband, his role was a bit stretched and boring, wanted to slap him. Vijay Sethupath acted the best. I didn't find any issue with acting assuch, as mostly I was reading the movie.

6 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Vijay Sethupathi’s role is one of the most iconic and brilliant performances on Indian screen ever. Also the portrayal of a transgender character with the right amount of sensitivity and at the same time not overdoing the woke agenda was superb. You sympathize for the character and at the same time he has his share of negative traits to like ignoring his family etc.

Add the evil cops role. That guy was brilliant too. He had amazing screen presence. Couldn’t take your eyes of him in the scenes he was present. Hope he gets more roles and fame.

Ramya is one of my fav actresses of all time. Genuine Beauty with talent.

That made up for everything else.

Subhalagnam - 11/10.

Complete tear jerker. Waterworks in full flow. 

Cried in 1994 when it was first released. Cried all these years later. 

What a song. Even if you don't understand Telugu, the symbolism in the video is unmistakable.

All the forum's Telugu abbayis and ammayis, make sure you watch this movie. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

Memories of Murder @Jimmy Cliff I think you recommended this movie many times.

These Korean people make some fked up movies. Kaisa ending hai :wall:

I will stick to 6 songs (including 1 item number),  3 fights and a half-baked comedy track with some sentiment and romance template. :dance:

These “classy” movies are not for me anymore :((