[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

Movie name : Parking

Platform : Hulu / Hotstar

Language : Tamil (available in Hindi and Telugu dubbing on OTT)

Very relatable story about an everyday problem. Gets a bit over the top towards the end. But great acting and background score.

Trailer here for the Hindi version:

Edited by bowl_out

On 1/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, bharathh said:

I couldn't relate to any of the protagonists. I found it incomprehensible. Started showing my age I guess.

I don’t have FB or Insta account, but among people who are obsessed with it. Consider rich folk like in Dil Chahta Hain having smart phones and are self-obsessed with their own lives. That’s how I was able to relate to it. Yes. Of course the conflicts were are all typical to South Bombay folk, luckily there was no woke gyaan being preached for a change. 

Edited by coffee_rules

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I don’t have FB or Insta account, but among people who are obsessed with it. Consider rich folk like in Dil Chahta Hain having smart phones and are self-obsessed with their own lives. That’s how I was able to relate to it. Yes. Of course the conflicts were are all typical to South Bombay folk, luckily there was no woke gyaan being preached for a change. 

Didn't watch too much of it to comment on the movie. Despite being an early adopter of social media - I am a true luddite when it comes to social media now.

On 1/15/2024 at 11:00 PM, Gollum said:

Merry Christmas 5/10

Hanu-Man 8.5/10...recommend all to watch this. Jai Hanuman. 

I quite enjoyed Merry Christmas.

Sriram Raghavan is an institution by himself. Very entertaining and keeps you engrossed. If you hadn't already read " The devotion of suspect X", the ending would come as a surprise and is touching.

Instead of the usual whodunnit? its a whydunnit? 

My rating: 7.5/10

On 1/10/2024 at 11:59 PM, Gollum said:

They showed Gadar 2 in my area's PVR today, gave it a shot since I liked Gadar. Faltu movie, walked out  with around 40 min left. Tomorrow Jawan, wish me luck.

Before this had watched Sam Bahadur and Animal. Also Wonka, enjoyed  that movie the most among recent watches.

Saturday evening show Merry Christmas (Hindi), excited for that. Love both Sriram Raghavan and Vijay Sethupathy's work. 

Depending on reviews may watch Captain Miller next week, again Dhanush is good, heard that the new director is one to watch out for in the future. 

How did you find Jawan?

:scared:

On 1/21/2024 at 9:37 PM, bharathh said:

I couldn't relate to any of the protagonists. I found it incomprehensible. Started showing my age I guess.

Should that matter?

The Avenger/Scavenger series became super duper hits. I don't think anyone can relate to Batman/Tin Man/ Wonder Girl and what not.

On 1/11/2024 at 8:27 PM, bharathh said:

I loved 12th fail. Awesome story and well acted out. No unnecessary melodrama and nonsense. Best Indian movie of 2023. Move over Ek hi banda kafi hai.

I found it very mopey. 

27 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

How did you find Jawan?

:scared:

Too OTT for my taste, music was meh. Deepika stole the show for me, SRK as the father guy was better but still I don't like him in these kind of massy roles. 

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Should that matter?

The Avenger/Scavenger series became super duper hits. I don't think anyone can relate to Batman/Tin Man/ Wonder Girl and what not.

True.. but there's a difference between character driven movies and masala movies :)

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Too OTT for my taste, music was meh. Deepika stole the show for me, SRK as the father guy was better but still I don't like him in these kind of massy roles. 

I can't stand SRK's action hero shtick. And Pathaan and Jawan are his two most commercially successful movies. :((  

In a strange twist of fate, he has cannibalised into his own legacy. He will be remembered as an action hero by the young uns of today. Not the romantic/ character actor that he actually is.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I can't stand SRK's action hero shtick. And Pathaan and Jawan are his two most commercially successful movies. :((  

In a strange twist of fate, he has cannibalised into his own legacy. He will be remembered as an action hero by the young uns of today. Not the romantic/ character actor that he actually is.

Personally I loved the mid 2000s phase of SRK...VZ, Swades, Paheli, Chak De, Don 1 phase. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Personally I loved the mid 2000s phase of SRK...VZ, Swades, Paheli, Chak De, Don 1 phase. 

SRK peaked from the mid 90s till about Chennai Express.

After that its been all down hill.

You liked Paheli? :astonished:

Paheli was sent to the Oscars over Black and Swades. Day light robbery.

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

SRK peaked from the mid 90s till about Chennai Express.

After that its been all down hill.

You liked Paheli? :astonished:

Paheli was sent to the Oscars over Black and Swades. Day light robbery.

India never sends its best movies to Oscars. I think Gully Boy went ahead of Andhadhun, Tumbbad, Super Deluxe. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

India never sends its best movies to Oscars. I think Gully Boy went ahead of Andhadhun, Tumbbad, Super Deluxe. 

Gully Boy is a good movie. Balanced plot line, nice attention to details, good acting and the music is top notch. 

Paheli on the other hand.....

11 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Literally can't wait for this...  Trailer looks fire.. 

ATJ is a fabulous actress.   This Franchise is something else. 

More hyped for this one than even Joker or Dune Part 2 this year  @Gollum have u seen this 

Bro, I liked the Mad Max franchise starring Mel Gibson. But Fury Road blew me away, the greatest theatre experience of my life. Couldn't believe George Miller also directed Babe: Pig in the City. 

Eager to watch this. Charlize was outstanding as Furiosa and I hope ATJ does justice, she was fire in Queen's Gambit, even One Night in Soho, The Witch, Split, The Menu were good...she has a mysterious aura around her, not conventional face. Thanks for the trailer, will watch this first day first show in IMAX and if I like it, may watch it daily for a week even at the cost of work/sleep. Worth it watching in the biggest screen. 

Edited by Gollum

Btw the Immortan Joe actor was born in India. Passed away couple of years back. But boy kya role nibhata usne. I have watched Fury Road at least 10 times till now, everything was amazing about that movie. 

Edited by Gollum

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Bro, I liked the Mad Max franchise starring Mel Gibson. But Fury Road blew me away, the greatest theatre experience of my life. Couldn't believe George Miller also directed Babe: Pig in the City. 

Eager to watch this. Charlize was outstanding as Furiosa and I hope ATJ does justice, she was fire in Queen's Gambit, even One Night in Soho, The Witch, Split, The Menu were good...she has a mysterious aura around her, not conventional face. Thanks for the trailer, will watch this first day first show in IMAX and if I like it, may watch it daily for a week even at the cost of work/sleep. Worth it watching in the biggest screen. 

I regret not watching Fury Road sooner...  Must have been some experience watching it first time on big screen:two_thumbs_up:

I am planning to watch this one day 1 without bothering about reviews.  George Miller won't let down for sure. 

Greatest action director on the planet by miles. 

I liked ATJ in The Menu...  Haven't seen One Night in Soho which has great reviews..  But will surely do. 

Edited by Lone Wolf