IPL 2020 - Match 32 -MI vs KKR - Abu Dhabi, Oct 16 2020

Stan AF

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be?

• 21-6 (MI Wins)
    • 20-7 (KKR wins)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2020 at 02:31 PM

@express bowling This Coulter Nile guy makes Pattison look good.

I thought he bowled quite brainlessly against Cummins. Far too many short deliveries.

KKR didn't deserve a 140+ score today. 

Pattison/Coulter Nile is the chink in our armour. That is the only weak spot we have this season. And I think everyone has realised that by now and these guys will be earmarked by the other teams for boundaries. 

I hope our management has some plan for this.

3 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

The tables pretty much, but not quite, at the edge of the cliff? And yes, the courtyard was massive. I ask before the last time I was there was in 2007 to burn the handshake money from amarchand. We also were getting around on rented honda activa and your description brought the memories back.

Yup that is the one. Tables almost at the edge. And a parapet on an extended ledge beyond the tables for the foolhardy smokers wanting a better picture.

PS: Thalassa!

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

What preferred spot for a 20 year old kid?. Bat anywhere and contribute to the team. At present he's doing a run a ball boreathons. 

Most disappointing for me in this IPL  is Gill's game . Straight  drives , Cover drives , cut shots are missing 

Most of the time plays only the on side shots better .  

4 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Most bowlers have forgotten how to bowl yorkers in the death overs or are under orders not to bowl them.

Exactly.  And it's not just this tournament either.  In the AUS tour of ENG in the 2nd ODI AUS let ENG's tail off the hook with pitiful death bowling.  I think they bowled two balls at the stumps and only one of them was a yorker - which went for a wicket.  You got Starc bowling death overs to the tail and he doesn't bowl a single yorker?  Absolutely brainless strategy.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

butler,Stokes,samson,smith,archer that’s a pretty solid line up along with some future youngsters for India

Stokes coming off injury and extended absence, Smith is rubbish in T20 compared to his reputation, Samson is so hit or miss, so with the other two they have about what most other teams have.  They can get on a hot streak and sneak into the Final Four or they can go cold and challenge KXIP for the wooden spoon.

2 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

Stokes coming off injury and extended absence, Smith is rubbish in T20 compared to his reputation, Samson is so hit or miss, so with the other two they have about what most other teams have.  They can get on a hot streak and sneak into the Final Four or they can go cold and challenge KXIP for the wooden spoon.

stokes was batting pretty well last game

Smith hasnt looked himself, else he isnt that bad as ppl make hm out to be ....his reputation is of bradman in test hard to follow

Samson needs to given permanent 3 slot 

Chris Gayle looked good yesterday too.  Doesn't mean you're going to put all your team's hopes behind him.  But what I meant about Stokes was he was still injured when the tournament was about to start so you have to figure he would miss at least 5 matches between recovery and quarantine.  Add in another match or two to get back in the swing of things and half the tournament is done already.  So basically, RR were counting on an aging and not really suited for T20's Steve Smith, a very hit or miss Samson, half a Stokes and Archer.  Anyone believing they would contend for the title or really anything doesn't understand how the real world works.

Yes, on paper they have lots of talent but tournaments and matches are not won on paper.  You have to take into consideration all the side effects especially this year with quarantines, delayed arrivals and completely different playing conditions.

Edited by GeeGaw