NSE/BSE Trading/Investing thread !!!

velu

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

@velu @Straight Drive What do you think of the Laxmi Vilas Bank going under. and what do you think of RBI trying to copy the federal reserve act from US

https://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/rbi-likely-to-get-us-federal-reserve-like-powers-of-supervision-120112100014_1.html

Many people in US think of this act as making their currency into fiat money :nervous:

Cant comment regarding Federal reserve act as i do not know enough about it.

Regarding giving banking license to big corporates and NBFC's, i feel it will increase the headache for RBI in terms of monitoring the functioning. A lot of companies wil seek for banking license as then they can source huge monies at very cheap rate to give as loans.

Not surprised about what has been happening and being reported about LVB in recent past days. Don't understand why depositors do not open accounts in much safer banks.

Nifty was at 13145.85 at one point today making an ATH before profit booking happened. Good to see this rally. Totally enjoying this after having seen the most troublesome fall few months back.

@velu  I guess by now you must be aware regarding Karvy news which has been doing rounds in print media. The action is significant by NSE.

52 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Nifty was at 13145.85 at one point today making an ATH before profit booking happened. Good to see this rally. Totally enjoying this after having seen the most troublesome fall few months back.

@velu  I guess by now you must be aware regarding Karvy news which has been doing rounds in print media. The action is significant by NSE.

it was sort of expected ..

i really don’t know what will happen to traders whose money is still locked with karvy..

investment in shares will be mostly safe 

13 minutes ago, velu said:

it was sort of expected ..

i really don’t know what will happen to traders whose money is still locked with karvy..

investment in shares will be mostly safe 

According to some reports some investors are yet to be compensated whose stocks were used as a pledge. 

Yeah, sad for the trapped investors and traders. 

Share investment won't be safe in those cases where they were pledged imo unless they clear the mess.

BSE is also contemplating similar action like NSE as per the reports.

2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

According to some reports some investors are yet to be compensated whose stocks were used as a pledge. 

Yeah, sad for the trapped investors and traders. 

Share investment won't be safe in those cases where they were pledged imo unless they clear the mess.

BSE is also contemplating similar action like NSE as per the reports.

all my trading capital is in cash .. 

if things happens like this i will be in big soup .. i think only 25L is insured :(( 

but things are getting better when comes to regulation .. i opened tradesmartonline account wihtout giving poa

1 hour ago, velu said:

all my trading capital is in cash .. 

if things happens like this i will be in big soup .. i think only 25L is insured :(( 

but things are getting better when comes to regulation .. i opened tradesmartonline account wihtout giving poa

There is progress regarding POA. CDSL quickly integrated new process whereas NSDL was bit late in implementing if I am correct. However, it's (not giving POA) does not seems to be full proof. Suppose you have not given POA, but the broker still pledges the share without the knowledge and consent of investor. Fraud is still possible. What's your take on this scenario.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:09 PM, jusarrived said:

yeah agree on that. 

ITC though was a Futures trade and  I was banking on too much negativity around the stock .The result was projected as bad, while there wasnt much bad in it if you exclude the dip in Cigarette sales which was hardly surprising . At around 170, dint see much of downside risk ..its played out well and I have booked 80% taking my average down to around 150 for remaining lots I hold now . 

Booked all of ITC at 207, though looks like it will hit 220-230 easily, but may be not this series . Still hold some in cash. 

Missed out on Canara bank, was so close to enter around 93 and the FnO ban threw me off . 

interesting to see what happens once BN hits ATH . A 5% correction Is needed imo 

3 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Booked all of ITC at 207, though looks like it will hit 220-230 easily, but may be not this series . Still hold some in cash. 

Missed out on Canara bank, was so close to enter around 93 and the FnO ban threw me off . 

interesting to see what happens once BN hits ATH . A 5% correction Is needed imo 

BN has changed by 50% in 2.5 months.. 20k to 30k.  

For an index, thats too swift an ascent

On 12/11/2020 at 1:58 AM, jusarrived said:

ITC has had a good upmove since NIFTY started making highs. I think it will cross 250 as well. Finally they are marketing some of their FMCG brands relatively well. Yippee branding has been good although it gets competition from Maggi and noodles from other brands as well. Dark Fantasy is also being marketed well. 

Personal care products are that lucrative and haven't managed to penetrate well. The Vivel brand for example.

They are targeting Savlon to be 1000 crore next year.

Gradually they have decreased tobacco revenue and have managed to execute into FMCG fairly well. The ITC hotels are low profit margins and over that the pandemic has increased the overheads a lot in that business.

I hope someday it will give a very good breakout to long term shareholders. To me it is underated even now and has a lot of free cash flow and market penetration to do. The best is yet to come if the management gets the strategy and plans right.

On 12/11/2020 at 5:07 AM, diga said:

BN has changed by 50% in 2.5 months.. 20k to 30k.  

For an index, thats too swift an ascent

Yeah but BN was a big underperformer till September, I will closely watch Axis and HDFC bank relatively these two haven’t participated in the rally this month . If these two continue to be weak then we have another dip to 29k before we hit ATH, the rest are already in over bought zone. 

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

ITC has had a good upmove since NIFTY started making highs. I think it will cross 250 as well. Finally they are marketing some of their FMCG brands relatively well. Yippee branding has been good although it gets competition from Maggi and noodles from other brands as well. Dark Fantasy is also being marketed well. 

Personal care products are that lucrative and haven't managed to penetrate well. The Vivel brand for example.

They are targeting Savlon to be 1000 crore next year.

Gradually they have decreased tobacco revenue and have managed to execute into FMCG fairly well. The ITC hotels are low profit margins and over that the pandemic has increased the overheads a lot in that business.

I hope someday it will give a very good breakout to long term shareholders. To me it is underated even now and has a lot of free cash flow and market penetration to do. The best is yet to come if the management gets the strategy and plans right.

I had never held this stock, but past few months was getting a lot of attention . Felt it was Seriously undervalued, with limited downside risk . Agree on all the points and don’t forget the dividend returns . It could easily go 4x in next 5-8 years at a risk of 20-30% downside ..this is must in your portfolio. Let’s see how this pans out, I have accumulated enough . 

13 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I had never held this stock, but past few months was getting a lot of attention . Felt it was Seriously undervalued, with limited downside risk . Agree on all the points and don’t forget the dividend returns . It could easily go 4x in next 5-8 years at a risk of 20-30% downside ..this is must in your portfolio. Let’s see how this pans out, I have accumulated enough . 

True. Dividend payout is also what makes it attractive. 

In FY2020 Q1:

Cigarette - 3853 cr (-29percent yoy)

Hotels - 22.58 cr 

Agriculture  - 3746 cr

Paperboard - 1026

Hotels will recover once restrictions are fully removed and tourism revives.

Cigarette will also recover.

Fy20 Q2 was very good as compared to Q1.

I feel Q3 will show further growth.

The acquisition of Sunrise foods by ITC will also help. It will augment the Ashirwad brand of staples.

9 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Do you want it to recover :hmmmm:

No, but the smokers will help the tobacco industry recover more as soon as the lockdown is fully over. Personally I wish ITC gets out of this sector totally but gradually. And someday we will see the stock as part of Ethical Mutual funds portfolio as well haha.

In fact it's good that government keeps on increasing tax and no end to high taxes means that company is gradually looking to move and diversify more into other sectors. 

Even Godfrey Pihillipps has gradually increased footprint in confectionery and food pickup joints in several cities with some operating 24*7.

Listed tobacco companies should look to diversify to attract more investors as ITC and GP to some extent have done. 

Edited by Straight Drive

On 12/13/2020 at 11:56 PM, jusarrived said:

Yeah but BN was a big underperformer till September, I will closely watch Axis and HDFC bank relatively these two haven’t participated in the rally this month . If these two continue to be weak then we have another dip to 29k before we hit ATH, the rest are already in over bought zone. 

Wow... 29k as you foretold