12 members have voted

1. 1. Elephant or Donkey

• Trump
    • Biden
    • None of your business
    • Not voting
    • Independent candidate

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2020 at 09:30 AM

On 11/2/2020 at 2:47 PM, Cricketics said:

Have you been to places like Baltimore? Have you seen special vacancies being created for these low income people. Will give you an example, jobs were reserved for these guys in certain districts in Baltimore. Some of these guys were happy however not to come for job interviews and few of those who came for training, dropped out after 2-3 days. They chose free welfare money over working. In the end 1 out of 50 were ended up taking the reservation quota. 49 left empty. Maryland was  and still considered the richest state however Baltimore underperforms though here and hence to bring awareness, and help these people, such things have been going on so the Baltimorians can keep up with other folks.

Obama or Bush never tried to build any of these cities, and the less I say the better about Detroit. 

Also can you shed light on what special Biden and Kamala are briging to the table. You totally ignored that i have equally been critical about Trump.

I think Biden without Harris was much better option, i don't trust this Harris. I think Biden is a better person without Harris. 

Overall, for me this is the worst ever election

Baltimore's problems are endemic for a very long time, and the "solutions" being tried pre-date Trump.  Bringing up anecdotal stories about lazy people choosing 'welfare' over jobs is a red herring.  

You made a blanket claim that "trump is better for blacks, donating" etc etc.  Which is simply not true.  The Trump tax cuts have disproportionately benefited the super-rich, and shifted billions in potential tax revenue away from govt programs that could help cities.  It is not anything unique to Trump, just classic Republican economic policy, which is all about cutting taxes and nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Baltimore's problems are endemic for a very long time, and the "solutions" being tried pre-date Trump.  Bringing up anecdotal stories about lazy people choosing 'welfare' over jobs is a red herring.  

You made a blanket claim that "trump is better for blacks, donating" etc etc.  Which is simply not true.  The Trump tax cuts have disproportionately benefited the super-rich, and shifted billions in potential tax revenue away from govt programs that could help cities.  It is not anything unique to Trump, just classic Republican economic policy, which is all about cutting taxes and nothing else. 

There is a ripple positive effect on minorities that when the management is strict, it pushes workers to work harder. I want all the lazy arses to work much harder. Meanwhile, this discussion ow looks dated now since we have moved on to other issues. Join the election thread. Trump being a cry baby as expected already since he feels fear of losing election. My biggest worry still remains - Kamala Harris, not Biden actually. I have been saying this for a while, Kamala Harris is corrupt and fake. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

My biggest worry still remains - Kamala Harris, not Biden actually. I have been saying this for a while, Kamala Harris is corrupt and fake. 

There is >> 50% chance that Biden will not complete his term.  President Kamalaben is a real possibility before 2024.  She is likely to lose after that, but that's a different issue.

I see this sad trend in a lot of Indian folks who are social/fiscal conservatives, to back Trump and gloss over his horribleness.  To an extent I do get it, because the extreme leftwing in the Dems is just as stupid, and scary, as the right-wing nutters in the Republicans, but Trump is such a bad, bad actor on the political stage, and dangerously setting patterns, normalizing prejudice and illegal behavior, that even if you do not like the democrats, sane people have no option but to vote him out.

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

There is >> 50% chance that Biden will not complete his term.  President Kamalaben is a real possibility before 2024.  She is likely to lose after that, but that's a different issue.

I see this sad trend in a lot of Indian folks who are social/fiscal conservatives, to back Trump and gloss over his horribleness.  To an extent I do get it, because the extreme leftwing in the Dems is just as stupid, and scary, as the right-wing nutters in the Republicans, but Trump is such a bad, bad actor on the political stage, and dangerously setting patterns, normalizing prejudice and illegal behavior, that even if you do not like the democrats, sane people have no option but to vote him out.

Don't think I disagree with anything what you wrote, barring Kamala Harris.

I do feel that if Biden complete or doesn't complete, he and DNC might mutually simply hand over the 2024 race to Democrats. In fact they have already suggested that. And like you mentioned she might lose, I think she seems smarter(more like clever) enough to win the DNC vote across the country and might win the 2024 race against any newbie conservative too. Again, we will worry about that part later if of what the demographics of different counties across the country will look like in 2024, but Democrats might increase in the country.

I hope Independents increase in this country and hope that John Kasich runs for president. Regardless of which party John Kasich runs, i will vote for the dude. He will be 71, but I will be fine to vote for that 71 year old because he is the most sane candidate I have observed in my history of following US elections. He will be the one which will unite the country and will ensure we are in good terms with most country without killing civilians overseas. Humanity will be there, watch. i don't expect any of these from Trump, Biden, Kamala, or even ever expected from Obama, Bush. 

17 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I think she seems smarter(more like clever) enough to win the DNC vote across the country and might win the 2024 race against any newbie conservative too.

As we are seeing this election, the way the math of the electoral college works, it favors the republicans, i.e. they can win the presidency even if their candidate 'loses' the popular vote by a million or even more.  And a lot of the "red states"  just need a reason, any reason, real or imaginary, to stay with their red team.  In 2016, it was Hillary's "unlikeability".  In 2020, its what? Biden is not sexy enough to vote for, even if Trump is a ****-show?  Just like India, anti-incumbency is a legit reason to vote for opposition.  And it will favor Republicans next time around.  

Kamalaben will be a very very long shot to win in an election - this country has a hate-boner for women in power, for all its "developed" nation status. And add to that, she's not white.  The only reason Obama won in 2008, was the fact that this country's economy crashed so badly thanks to Dubya's stupidity, that a cardboard box would have won the presidency on the Democratic ticket.  Folks voted for Obama in spite of who he was, not because.  And his election set it up so that the "* you" vote would go in favor of a trash-seller like Trump.

Personally, I don't like Kamala's enthusiastic willingness to play ball with the Woko Haram, a troubling tendency that manifests itself in the dems, especially on the 'extreme' side of the internal spectrum.  She is a typical Democrat politician - a follower of trends, not a bold setter and leader of trends.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Personally, I don't like Kamala's enthusiastic willingness to play ball with the Woko Haram, a troubling tendency that manifests itself in the dems, especially on the 'extreme' side of the internal spectrum.  She is a typical Democrat politician - a follower of trends, not a bold setter and leader of trends.  

This exactly. She is like "bheti ganga mein haat dholo". Not that one should be emotional about her reaction to India since we are voting in U.S and America should be the priority but the moment there is any issue with India-Pak, she would love to participate or give her two cents, otherwise will remain shun. BLM is the best example too. 

i won't mind seeing Nikki Hailey and Kamala Harris fighting for the 2024 race to become the first ever woman president of the U.S.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

This exactly. She is like "bheti ganga mein haat dholo". Not that one should be emotional about her reaction to India since we are voting in U.S and America should be the priority but the moment there is any issue with India-Pak, she would love to participate or give her two cents, otherwise will remain shun. BLM is the best example too. 

i won't mind seeing Nikki Hailey and Kamala Harris fighting for the 2024 race to become the first ever woman president of the U.S.

Haley is a future VP candidate for sure.

23 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I will take Tulsi over those 2 ladies anyday. Nikki is the same lady who was ashamed to be a brown, she identified herself as white and once the whole minority sympathy representation started, she wants to be a minority. Hate such hypocrites who are ashamed of who they are.

Tulsi 2024 :isalute:

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

I will take Tulsi over those 2 ladies anyday. Nikki is the same lady who was ashamed to be a brown, she identified herself as white and once the whole minority sympathy representation started, she wants to be a minority. Hate such hypocrites who are ashamed of who they are.

Tulsi will have to run from a different party then because Tulsi will never get any votes running as a Democrat. Tusli lost her own birth place to Bloomberg. I am talking about American Samoa elections. Bloomberg was able to buy people's vote to win that place. 

Tulsi will have to convert to Republican. 

Dems will not have a senate, takes the house. So, nothing will get done in 2 years. @sandeep, the electoral college is there, so that even rural votes are made to count. That policies and politics reaches out to the rural folks as well. If all development is focused on cities and popular vote is with majority population, then nothing gets done. The converse is also true. But the cons of EC is it gave rise to politics to focus on only some of the battleground/swing states while others are left to be red or blue.

35 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

So, nothing will get done in 2 years.

Republicans will play "defense" and obstruct the **** out of Biden whitehouse, which the senate allows them to very easily. Did it to Obama too.  And then "anti-incumbency" will bring them back into power again.  

Republicans have controlled American politics in the 21st century, almost uninterrupted - the only blip being the first year or so of Obama.  And they are likely to keep doing so for majority of this decade.  Biden's "win" is a weak one - and is not yet a sure thing btw - and if I was a betting man, almost guarantees a Republican win in 2024.  

58 minutes ago, maniac said:

Nikki is a fake, no doubt.  But Tulsi is a poser as well.  I think India as a country would be better off with non-India connected President.  

13 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Republicans will play "defense" and obstruct the **** out of Biden whitehouse, which the senate allows them to very easily. Did it to Obama too.  And then "anti-incumbency" will bring them back into power again.  

Republicans have controlled American politics in the 21st century, almost uninterrupted - the only blip being the first year or so of Obama.  And they are likely to keep doing so for majority of this decade.  Biden's "win" is a weak one - and is not yet a sure thing btw - and if I was a betting man, almost guarantees a Republican win in 2024.  

Everyone does that. Not just republicans. Obama was able to pass his Obamacare when they had majority, it is during the end of his presidency of 2nd term when the house and senate split where Obama could not do anything.

Ideally, i want house and senate to be always split. Any genuine citizen of the country who is patrotic about his country and humanity would want that way.  I don't want any new bill to become a law that easily. We deserve negotiation on every bill before it goes to any president. That is what you call democracy.

Whether its Biden or Trump, I like the way it is. This helped dems Trump not pass any bill on Trump wall and other bs stuff, and this will help republicans not let Democrats pass easy welfare money. So win win for true citizens who think about country and humanity first. That is how it should be. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Everyone does that. Not just republicans. Obama was able to pass his Obamacare when they had majority, it is during the end of his presidency of 2nd term when the house and senate split where Obama could not do anything.

Ideally, i want house and senate to be always split. Any genuine citizen of the country who is patrotic about his country and humanity would want that way.  I don't want any new bill to become a law that easily. We deserve negotiation on every bill before it goes to any president. That is what you call democracy.

Whether its Biden or Trump, I like the way it is. This helped dems Trump not pass any bill on Trump wall and other bs stuff, and this will help republicans not let Democrats pass easy welfare money. So win win for true citizens who think about country and humanity first. That is how it should be. 

Senate >> House in terms of actual political power.  And Republicans have had the senate almost all of the last 20 years.

1 minute ago, cowboysfan said:

what is clear in this travesty is white americans are flat out lying to pollsters.They voted for this monster twice but they dont want their freinds to know that because who wants to be friends with a Racist enabler?

google "social desirability bias". 

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Nikki is a fake, no doubt.  But Tulsi is a poser as well.  I think India as a country would be better off with non-India connected President.  

I don’t think Tulsi is  Indian origin, she is white / Samoan mix I think but a staunch Hindu nevertheless. I think she took her oath  on the  Gita as well .

There is a very famous ashram in Hawaii actually forgot the name which has  a lot of followers. One of the first such establishments in NA. Her mom and by association Tulsi are huge followers.

Her being Hindu has nothing to do with my bias though :p: just like Rohit or Rayudu’s ethnicity :) 

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Senate >> House in terms of actual political power.  And Republicans have had the senate almost all of the last 20 years.

Yes, and in 2010, Affordable care act aka Obamacare was allowed to be passed, albeit reformed a bit, since there were many dems who were allowed to vote. 

Negotiations took place. This is what happens in a proper democratic lead senate and the house. There was proper discussion on each bill then. Original bill of Obama was improved and was allowed to be passed. 2022 elections could be a game changer. 

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Nope, current deadlock will stay.

Ofcourse who wins today will impact 2022 election depending which party is in the lead. They all are related. All i know, no leader is goin to help or bring about positive change for the next 2 years - No Trump/No Biden. 

Using their majority in Senate/House after the results of the 2022 elections, they would be able to do so though.