Navdeep Saini is overrated.

Bhoot

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

What is with the quotes around trundler, you got a problem with the tag or something? 

Yes. If you call someone a trundler you should be consistent with that. Thakur who gets called trundle has bowled at the same speed as Saini. Why not apply it consistently or drop it? 

2 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

Yes. If you call someone a trundler you should be consistent with that. Thakur who gets called trundle has bowled at the same speed as Saini. Why not apply it consistently or drop it? 

We have seen Saini bowl faster. If he cannot repeat that, he'll be called the same. Now you are bringing up thakur. What is the point here exactly?

2 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

Yes,Saini has a Bit of trundled this game but he isn't a trundler. Shardul will bowl Same or less pace all the time. It's  his ceiling  Saini can bowl quicker but probably is vary of being wayward or injury

2 minutes ago, Serpico said:

We have seen Saini bowl faster. If he cannot repeat that, he'll be called the same. Now you are bringing up thakur. What is the point here exactly?

Maybe you should go through the number of threads here more.. You'll get the point 

Edited by Bhoot
3 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

Maybe you should go through the number of threads here more.. You'll get the point 

A fast bowler not bowling at his usual pace for a few overs doesn't make him a trundler. Saini was fastest for us just last game. They all are vary about injuries seeing how they are getting injured.

1 minute ago, Bhoot said:

From what I understand, you just didn't like Saini when he was fast either. But now you're only criticizing his speeds.. your original complaints were that he bowls filth and batsmen will easily attack him and he can't pick wickets in tests. Now you have changed your goal posts

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

From what I understand, you just didn't like Saini when he was fast either. But now you're only criticizing his speeds.. your original complaints were that he bowls filth and batsmen will easily attack him and he can't pick wickets in tests. Now you have changed your goal posts

I'll be honest. I have only heard about hus pace. I have seen every intnl match he played and in none of them he was able to bowl faaaastt after the 5 over mark... Hence i dont buy the hype about 150 kph long format bowler. 

1 minute ago, Bhoot said:

I'll be honest. I have only heard about hus pace. I have seen every intnl match he played and in none of them he was able to bowl faaaastt after the 5 over mark... Hence i dont buy the hype about 150 kph long format bowler. 

Fair enough, but this is your original complaint "will go for 4+ rpo in every innings and will lose any semblance of pressure built frlm other side. "

It looks like when that complaint isn't coming true you are clutching at different reasons to hate him

2 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Fair enough, but this is your original complaint "will go for 4+ rpo in every innings and will lose any semblance of pressure built frlm other side. "

It looks like when that complaint isn't coming true you are clutching at different reasons to hate him

He did go for 4+

His economy before this innings = 4.1. So i was right. 

Even thus match he has gone off.. Let the match finish. 

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

Saini took 4 wickets with an old ball in the last test where wicket taking was fairly difficult. Would have got Labuschagne today if Rahane had held on. Was a tad expensive last game with Starc getting hold of his bouncers but was looking more disciplined today. 

Not been too bad in my opinion. 

This thread is not just about his bowling analysis.   It's also about his fitness.  If a bowler does not last more than one test, what are we going to achieve with his great bowling ?   

5 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

This thread is not just about his bowling analysis.   It's also about his fitness.  If a bowler does not last more than one test, what are we going to achieve with his great bowling ?   

Bumrah, Umesh both got injured. Injury isn't in anyone's control. They all played 5 day games after almost a year so injury issues are not surprising as they have not played cricket for long specially bowling 20 overs a day. Even Ashwin being a spinner could not last the series. You are blaming a fast bowler.

20 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

Siraj so far this series and and now nattu on his debut both have out bowled saini. So no excuses of inexperience. 

Before this test, Siraj averaged 33.4 with a SR of 74.

Before this test Saini averaged 29.8 with a SR of 43.

And Saini did not get to bowl on the pace-friendlier MCG pitch. 

Siraj picked just 2 wickets on the flat Sydney pitch whereas Saini picked 4 

That is not out-bowling.

Today, Saini bowled in good areas ... was reasonably economical in his 8 overs ... had an easy catch dropped off his bowling. Can't fault his bowling stats today.

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

No need to be reasonable man,there is a strong Anti-phaaast brigade ,which likes to jump on uselessly.

They want more prabhakar and prasads.

Edited by RAZPOR

Its not about Saini only ,they will pounce upon Tyagi,Prasidh,Mavi and others ,they criticize any one who is discussed here

Going by their logic of us only dicussing 150+ bowlers means India is filled with express pacers,no its not

We have discussions over good fast bowling, that's it

Like you batting enthusiasts appreciate an elegant cover drive,on drive ,a cut ,a pull

Some of us like a good sharp bouncer,a fast yorker

There is a prejudice pacers with less pace aren't that good with red ball cricket that is why sides across the world go with 135-140+ pacers

But Natrajan has done so well with his control , Natrajan is unique not evry less pace bowler can be like him,he is too good,it only fulfills an Indian purpose

But can't load the side with too many like him as i have said Natrajan is one of a kind ,unique

Edited by Suhaan