Navdeep Saini is overrated.

Bhoot

This guy is a run leaking machine. All those hating on umesh's overseas performance (rightfully) are gonna realise Saini is even worse. He will go for 4+ rpo in every innings and will lose any semblance of pressure built frlm other side. 

I know lot of trolls and hate comments incoming. But ultimately I'll be the winner by the end of this series. 

All those who wanna troll now, remember you'll be embarrassed when I knock on this thread after saini gets belted. 

No hate i like the guy personally as I have met and had a chat with him too. Genuinely good guy, trier.. But just not good enough at this level. 

CIAO 

7 odis 6 wickets - - bowl avg 75 economy 6.98

Edited by Bhoot

Saini has a lot of plus points ... high release speeds, ability to seam the ball both ways, skid off the deck, a good bouncer etc.

BUT 

There is one big issue which is causing problems. He lacks natural bounce and his fuller side of good length balls hit the sweet spot of the bat and go for runs. ( For Bumrah, it hits the splice of the bat and can't be hit  ). Even an apparently okayish ball can get hit for a 4. Umesh Yadav had the same problem for a long time. Same with Sami of Pakistan.

Saini needs to start bowling on the shorter side of good length on standard bounce pitches, to hit the splice of the bat or the top of off stump.

Pacers like Saini, who lack natural bounce, always need to bowl with great accuracy and full pace. Need to hit the deck hard and work on a wrist whip perhaps.

His room for error will be less than a Bumrah or Shami. 

A good coach needs to guide him.

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Saini has a lot of plus points ... high release speeds, ability to seam the ball both ways, skid off the deck, a good bouncer etc.

BUT 

There is one big issue which is causing problems. He lacks natural bounce and his fuller side of good length balls hit the sweet spot of the bat and go for runs. ( For Bumrah, it hits the splice of the bat and can't be hit  ). Even an apparently okayish ball can get hit for a 4. Umesh Yadav had the same problem for a long time. Same with Sami of Pakistan.

Saini needs to start bowling on the shorter side of good length on standard bounce pitches, to hit the splice of the bat or the top of off stump.

Pacers like Saini, who lack natural bounce, always need to bowl with great accuracy and full pace. Need to hit the deck hard and work on a wrist whip perhaps.

His room for error will be less than a Bumrah or Shami. 

A good coach needs to guide him.

But sami was about 2 to 3 kph quicker  than saini and was good in odis saini is good in none

Edited by Indwin
1 hour ago, Indwin said:

But sami was about 2 to 3 kph quicker  than saini and was good in odis saini is is good in none

Sami averaged 29.5 in ODIs and played just 87 matches. If he was good then he would have played much more and averaged much less.

Saini is just starting his career and now is not the time to pass a definitive  judgement on him.

Now is the time to find out his weaknesses and try to rectify them and make him better. And this is where a good bowling coach comes in. 

Edited by express bowling
21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Sami averaged 29.5 in ODIs and played just 87 matches. If he was good then he would have played much more averaged much less.

Saini is just starting his career and now is not the time to pass a definitive  judgement on him.

Now is the time to find out his weaknesses and try to rectify them and make him better. And this is where a good bowling coach comes in. 

His stats are better than likes of ishant,umesh and wahab in odis.For me these three were decent loi bowlers besides if you have seen sami he could swing the ball at pace i have seen saini getting  ball to swing but in domestic not in internationals.By the way  do you still think saini is a decent prospect because he has pace but no control?

What a pathetic thread. Can't expect any better from Kohli cheerleaders. Yes he's had a poor 2nd innings but that does not make him a bad bowler. 

Not surprising the OP has not listed the T20I stats. 10 matches, 13 wickets@18, ER of 7.15

In the ODIs that Saini played, the economy rates of other  pacers

Thakur 7.3

Shami 6.9

Bumrah 5.7

Cummins 6.8

Hazlewood 5.9

High ERs from even Bumrah, Cummins and Hazlewood. Tells you about the pitches. But hey, let's diss a youngster just to defend  our captain doofus and coach bombastic.

2 hours ago, Indwin said:

His stats are better than likes of ishant,umesh and wahab in odis.For me these three were decent loi bowlers besides if you have seen sami he could swing the ball at pace i have seen saini getting  ball to swing but in domestic not in internationals.

I gave Sami from Pakistan's example because he lacked natural bounce like Saini while being a quick bowler like Saini. And he suffered because of this issue. I was comparing only this aspect and outlining the problems of this aspect 

By the way  do you still think saini is a decent prospect because he has pace but no control?

Saini had good control between 2017 and 2019. I don't know why he is spraying the ball in 2020.

In the 2017-18 Ranji series, he was bowling top of off stump directed balls at 140 k+ atleast 4 times every over. He is unable to do this now. Must work on this issue with the bowling coach.

This is why it is important to debut young players when they are in form. He was picked for the test match squad against Afghanistan in 2018. If he had played that match, or in a later test series against the WI, he would have gathered international experience and be ready now. He was just 25 then ... now he is 28 and if another 2 years pass without progress, his career would be basically over as a fast bowler.

What Saini needs is guidance from a good bowling coach ASAP, and he will do much better. 

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I gave Sami's example because he lacked natural bounce like Saini while being a quick bowler like Saini. And he suffered because of this issue. I was comparing only this aspect and outlining the problems of this aspect 

Saini had good control between 2017 and 2019. I don't know why he is spraying the ball in 2020.

In the 2017-18 Ranji series, he was bowling top of off stump directed balls at 140 k+ atleast 4 times every over. He is unable to do this now. Must work on this issue with the bowling coach.

This is why it is important to debut young players when they are in form. He was picked for the test match squad against Afghanistan in 2018. If he had played that match, or in a later test series against the WI, he would have gathered international experience and be ready now. He was just 25 then ... now he is 28 and if another 2 years pass without progress, his career would be basically over as a fast bowler.

What Saini needs is guidance from a good bowling coach ASAP, and he will do much better. 

Do you have any graphic showing that bumrah gets more bounce than than saini or its just your observation?  

Problem with Saini is he doesn't have age on his side.  He is freakin 28 year old & this is generally peak years of a Fast bowler not learning curve.  If he was 24-25 then this issue would not be that serious.  His pace is down as well compared to 2018-19.

He needs a world class mentor to work with him asap coz he has the potential. 

16 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Saini bowls excellent bouncers. 

His problem is getting bounce off his length balls.

2 very different things.

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Problem with Saini is he doesn't have age on his side.  He is freakin 28 year old & this is generally peak years of a Fast bowler not learning curve.  If he was 24-25 then this issue would not be that serious.  His pace is down as well compared to 2018-19.

He needs a world class mentor to work with him asap coz he has the potential. 

Problem in India offlate has been is we overrate experience ,he was at his peak during 2017-18 but didn't even get a breakthrough in tests  at home against opponents like SL,BD,WI 

We always downplay role of fastbowlers and overglorify batsmen hence we don't understand what actually means by a fastbowling culture

Fastbowlers should be given debut at early age ,play them against weaker opposition atleast in home conditions,

We will always fail to create a pool of fast bowlers when they don't have experience of highest level,they will always remain newcomers irrespective of their age

52 minutes ago, Indwin said:

Do you have any graphic showing that bumrah gets more bounce than than saini or its just your observation?  

Bumrah gets more bounce than Saini off his length balls. See where the ball is hitting the bat when such deliveries are bowled ... for both bowlers 

Both Bumrah and Saini have excellent bouncers and rising short balls. In such cases, both get bounce.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah gets more bounce than Saini off his length balls. See where the ball is hitting the bat when such deliveries are bowled ... for both bowlers 

Both Bumrah and Saini have excellent bouncers and rising short balls. In such cases, both get bounce.

can you share any comparison footage

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Problem in India offlate has been is we overrate experience ,he was at his peak during 2017-18 but didn't even get a breakthrough in tests  at home against opponents like SL,BD,WI 

We always downplay role of fastbowlers and overglorify batsmen hence we don't understand what actually means by a fastbowling culture

Fastbowlers should be given debut at early age ,play them against weaker opposition atleast in home conditions,

We will always fail to create a pool of fast bowlers when they don't have experience of highest level,they will always remain newcomers irrespective of their age

Yes there was this one Afghanistan test as well.  We almost went full strength there in both batting & bowling.  In the same time period the likes of Siraj & Saini were running through A sides & Mayank & Shaw were on song in Domestic & India A level. 

Problem is seniority culture in India & useless stat padding against weaker teams. 

27 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Conway was hit by Siraj and not Saini. The Aussies keep confusing the two. Siraj bowled 2 nasty bouncers at Conway.

A few days back, someone was saying that Saini's father had passed away, while it was Siraj who lost his dad.