India's XI for 1st test announced: no Gill/Pant/Kuldeep, Umesh 3rd seamer, Ashwin in

Gollum

49 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What's the point in picking Kuldeep only for Sydney tests on each tour? Ashwin (and even Jadeja) have done nothing of note in SENA. Why not try out Kuldeep. That is the point

Performance wise Kuldeep in that single test had shown that he was miles better than both Ash & Jaddu in SENA.  He even outbowled Lyon on that flat pan cake Sydney which barely had any turn. 

TM seriously destroyed the confidence of our X factor 

Edited by Lone Wolf
3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Mayank has earned that selection by scoring runs before NZ series. Any batsman can have a bad series. Mayank scored in tour match too.Shaw has looked terrible in IPL and also in tour matches. That is why he should not have been selected.

Its a news to me that Shaw outperformed Mayank in NZ test series. If my memory serves well, there were a lot of questions raised on Shaw's technique in the NZ series. 

And plz, Shaw performed at home vs Windies, even Mayank has got double hundreds vs SA at home. Home is different from Australia and Mayank did well last time in Australia. Anyone can see there is a big gap between Shaw's bat and pad and incoming deliveries are clearly his issues. His technical flaws are there for everyone to see and if it was exploited by bowlers in IPL, then what Australian pacers can do in their home conditions, I guess we all already know.

Edited by Majestic
57 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Its a news to me that Shaw outperformed Mayank in NZ test series. If my memory serves well, there were a lot of questions raised on Shaw's technique in the NZ series. 

And plz, Shaw performed at home vs Windies, even Mayank has got double hundreds vs SA at home. Home is different from Australia and Mayank did well last time in Australia. Anyone can see there is a big gap between Shaw's bat and pad and incoming deliveries are clearly his issues. His technical flaws are there for everyone to see and if it was exploited by bowlers in IPL, then what Australian pacers can do in their home conditions, I guess we all already know.

I agree I would select Mayank over Shaw. We can only hope that Shaw does a Sehwag and blasts his way to a quick fire 100.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Performance wise Kuldeep in that single test had shown that he was miles better than both Ash & Jaddu in SENA.  He even outbowled Lyon on that flat pan cake Sydney which barely had any turn. 

TM seriously destroyed the confidence of our X factor 

How did TM destroy  his confidence. His confidence was shattered in IPL and he was even dropped by his IPL team. Kuldeep needs to overcome his slow speed thru air problem.

I still diss IPl stats, but if a player is so bad in IPL that even his IPL team is dropping him. That is something to worry about and it is certainly the case with Kuldeep.

Koi u-turn nahi liya. TM mai mere chacha nahi hai.If they do wrong I don't have any problem in calling them out.I always supported Pant  to me he still is the brightest prospect as WK. He just has to focus on his fitness and mental conditioning. He will end his career as best wk in test cricket for India.

I just don't like bits and pieces players masquerading as allrounders.