Can we combine the pace and bounce of Tyagi and Saini with the line and length bowling of Siraj and Shardul in the 4th test

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I just saw Kartik's record. He played one FC game for UP in late 2017 and the next one was in the drumoyne oval recently where he hit pucovski in the head. only 2 FC games and he is 20 now. Maybe some injuries on the way as shown in this article. But how come he played only one fc game for UP. Was it politics :dontknow:@express bowling@Rightarmfast@Mosher any insight?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/win-it-that-s-all-kartik-tyagi-dreams-big-after-star-turn-against-australia-1214775

He was injured. In fact, he played Ranji trophy straight after u16. He hadn't even played u19 for UP when he made his ranji Debut. He has been a teen prodigy. He was the top wicket taker among fast bowlers in u16 for UP with 50 wickets. All other top wicket takers were spinners. No other pacer was close to him. I had talked about him at that time on this forum. 16 year old fast bowlers with such potential are rare and he was ahead of his age with regards to his bowling. He later played u19 for UP then u19 for India. Also suffered injuries in between.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:52 AM, express bowling said:

Tyagi has not been added to the squad in place of Bumrah.

I hope they are not thinking about playing an injured Bumrah.  If he breaks down in the middle of the test or aggravates his injury, it will be a disaster. 

I am equally worried about Ashwin. He is going to be more important than Bumrah against England at home with both ball and also bat.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Looks like the playing 11 will be announced tomorrow.

I am 90 percent sure that BOOM BOOM will be playing tomorrow. 

My Analysis comes out that they want to ask BOOM tomorrow morning whether he can play or not. 

No other reason for delay in deciding...as ashwin's back possibly was not too bad and a spinner does need to stretch that hard in the bowling , even if ash is 80 percent fit ( with a bit of back pain) still he can play if the team wants( though i would want to play kuldeep ahead of ashwin as ashwin is definitely not going to be 100 percent fit).

But if i was Shastri , i would want to play BOOM BOOM as he has the capability to throw BOMBS on the opponent. we do not have other pacers with that capability.

But i would be interested to see how good siraj and saini bowl in the Gabba test as this is a golden opportunity for them to stand up and Perform( as even if boom plays he will be under bowled).

seeing the weather, I think 4 bowlers are the way to go in GABA ( 3 pacers and 1 spinner OR 4 Pacers ). it is going to rain on 3 days and i expect bowlers to get a lot of breaks.

if BOOM does not play then I will be happy with a DRAW and if he plays then I expect India to beat the Aussies.

Long story short it is going to be a TEST for Rookie Pacers and Our Batsman.

18 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

But if i was Shastri , i would want to play BOOM BOOM as he has the capability to throw BOMBS on the opponent. we do not have other pacers with that capability.

Brother, by playing an unfit Bumrah, his ability to throw those bombs maybe hampered in the future. And we don't want that ... isn't it.    :  )

Bumrah is a rare gem and we must look after him with special care.

Edited by express bowling
30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Brother, by playing an unfit Bumrah, his ability to throw those bombs maybe hampered in the future. And we don't want that ... isn't it.    :  )

Bumrah is a rare gem and we must look after him with special care.

even if boom misses england series, we have umesh , ishant and many pacers in India to cover it. 

I see this is a Golden Opportunity to Beat Australia in Australia. All their 3 pacers - starc, hazel and Cummins are TIRED. 

I see that Australia should have got at least one new fresh Pacer for GABBA. I expect them to be bowling in between 130 to 145K where as they have the capability to bowl upto 150K.

I am actually happy seeing the same Pacers playing for Australia , they would definitely be bowling but with 85 percent speed, if starc bowls under 143K , our batsman are likely to manage him.

BOOM is most critical to us as Umesh ,shammi, ishant are unavailable.

Siraj is showing his trundling colours faster than i expected. Though I am extremely impressed by his line and length. with that line n length , he will succeed if batsman wish to attack him but with medium pace , he cannot push the batsman at backfoot and scare the batsman.

Saini is pacy but he was bowling quite a bit of short balls in his debut match , hope fully he resolves that issue. i feel his natural line and length will be ideal for Gabba.

Shardul will also bowl like Siraj , line n length but trundling so I am not sure how effective will he be. He seems to have some swing capability , lets see if he does well.

All these 3 pacers are kind of similar- none of them has the quality of a Shammi or Boom. only worry is that in previous test they had a BOOM to lead the attack and if batsman tried to take control , Boom used to come over to control the batsman. Ashwin will play tommorow for sure.

if BOOM does not play we can at best draw the Match, we cannot win the match ( if Boom doesnt play).

So for me if Boom sits out of the england series in India  and helps us win this test  - i will take it anyday.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Looks like the playing 11 will be announced tomorrow.

they will be-

Gill, Rohit, Pujara, Rahane, Mayank, Pant, Saha ,ashwin , Shardul, Saini, Siraj.

If Boom is fit, he will play ahead of one of the Pacers.

But I saw a picture of Bharat Arun having a straight talk with Shardul Thakur and Thakur listening ( on INSTA or twitter), So i feel Shardul is definitely Playing tomorrow. look in shardul's eyes indicate that he has been told that he will play.

20 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

even if boom misses england series, we have umesh , ishant and many pacers in India to cover it. 

I see this is a Golden Opportunity to Beat Australia in Australia. All their 3 pacers - starc, hazel and Cummins are TIRED. 

I see that Australia should have got at least one new fresh Pacer for GABBA. I expect them to be bowling in between 130 to 145K where as they have the capability to bowl upto 150K.

I am actually happy seeing the same Pacers playing for Australia , they would definitely be bowling but with 85 percent speed, if starc bowls under 143K , our batsman are likely to manage him.

BOOM is most critical to us as Umesh ,shammi, ishant are unavailable.

Siraj is showing his trundling colours faster than i expected. Though I am extremely impressed by his line and length. with that line n length , he will succeed if batsman wish to attack him but with medium pace , he cannot push the batsman at backfoot and scare the batsman.

Saini is pacy but he was bowling quite a bit of short balls in his debut match , hope fully he resolves that issue. i feel his natural line and length will be ideal for Gabba.

Shardul will also bowl like Siraj , line n length but trundling so I am not sure how effective will he be. He seems to have some swing capability , lets see if he does well.

All these 3 pacers are kind of similar- none of them has the quality of a Shammi or Boom. only worry is that in previous test they had a BOOM to lead the attack and if batsman tried to take control , Boom used to come over to control the batsman. Ashwin will play tommorow for sure.

if BOOM does not play we can at best draw the Match, we cannot win the match ( if Boom doesnt play).

So for me if Boom sits out of the england series in India  and helps us win this test  - i will take it anyday.

The biggest problem with playing an unfit pacer is that, if he breaks down then we have to bowl with 1 bowler less.

And that will make it very difficult for the rookie pacers.