ALL 15 day-night test matches played around the world until now have had results - no draws

ALL 15 day-night test matches played around the world until now have had results  - and almost all of them have been big victories/defeats.

The good thing is that we are very very likely to have 2 results.

The risk is obviously that - even losing one match here means we are out of Test Championship final.

Given whats at stake - we need to ensure that Jimmy  Anderson and Archer don't get any advantage from the pitch.

List of day/night Tests

Men's

No. Date Home team Away team Venue Start time (local) Result
1 27 November–1 December 2015 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand Adelaide Oval, Adelaide 14:00 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by 3 wickets
2 13–17 October 2016 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan 23px-WestIndiesCricketFlagPre1999.svg.pn West Indies Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai 15:30 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan won by 56 runs
3 24–28 November 2016 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa Adelaide Oval, Adelaide 14:00 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by 7 wickets
4 15–19 December 2016 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan The Gabba, Brisbane 13:30 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by 39 runs
5 17–21 August 2017 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 23px-WestIndiesCricketFlagPre1999.svg.pn West Indies Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham 14:00[n 1] 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England won by an innings and 209 runs
6 6–10 October 2017 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan 23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png Sri Lanka Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai 14:00 23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png Sri Lanka won by 68 runs
7 2–6 December 2017 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England Adelaide Oval, Adelaide 14:00[n 1] 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by 120 runs
8 26–29 December 2017 23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa 23px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png Zimbabwe St George's Park, Port Elizabeth 13:30 23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa won by an innings and 120 runs
9 22–26 March 2018 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England Eden Park, Auckland 14:00[n 1] 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand won by an innings and 49 runs
10 23–27 June 2018 23px-WestIndiesCricketFlagPre1999.svg.pn West Indies 23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png Sri Lanka Kensington Oval, Bridgetown 15:00[n 1] 23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png Sri Lanka won by 4 wickets
11 24–28 January 2019 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png Sri Lanka The Gabba, Brisbane 13:00 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by an innings and 40 runs
12 22–26 November 2019 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png Bangladesh Eden Gardens, Kolkata 13:00 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India won by an innings and 46 runs
13 29 November–3 December 2019 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan Adelaide Oval, Adelaide 14:00 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by an innings and 48 runs
14 12–16 December 2019 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand Perth Stadium, Perth 13:00 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by 296 runs
15 17–21 December 2020 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India Adelaide Oval, Adelaide 14:30 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia won by 8 wickets
16 24–28 February 2021 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 14:30

2 hours ago, Serpico said:

Very exciting contest. Even if Anderson/Archer gets any advantage, Bumrah/Ishant can definitely outbowl them at home. I am not worried about the pitch

Why do we act like English bowlers are better than Indian bowlers anywhere except in England? Even there bhuvi and Ishant are very good. Indian bowlers are the best in the world at full strength however even without shami and umesh at home, our other bowlers are definitely superior to archer and Andy plus wood.

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why do we act like English bowlers are better than Indian bowlers anywhere except in England? Even there bhuvi and Ishant are very good. Indian bowlers are the best in the world at full strength however even without shami and umesh at home, our other bowlers are definitely superior to archer and Andy plus wood.

Let's not kid ourselves..  Umesh & Shami are comfortably better than Jimmy & Archer/Wood in India.  But Ishant & Bumrah are not as evident that Anderson alone outbowled both of them in 1st game. 

Umesh & Shami are best exponents of Reverse swing in the whole world.  At the same time both are ordinary in NZ & Eng...  Whereas Bumrah & Ishant are world beaters in Seaming conditions & bouncy pitches...  And match Anderson & co in England almost at same level.  Third pacer is our problem there but Siraj can be superior to both Shami & Umesh in England. 

Bhuvi is finished that swing is long gone..  Dude couldn't do jack Sh** in WC semi where Matt Henry was swinging by a country mile.  His fitness is also not test level.  We got much better guys than him ATM. 

25 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Let's not kid ourselves..  Umesh & Shami are comfortably better than Jimmy & Archer/Wood in India.  But Ishant & Bumrah are not as evident that Anderson alone outbowled both of them in 1st game. 

Umesh & Shami are best exponents of Reverse swing in the whole world.  At the same time both are ordinary in NZ & Eng...  Whereas Bumrah & Ishant are world beaters in Seaming conditions & bouncy pitches...  And match Anderson & co in England almost at same level.  Third pacer is our problem there but Siraj can be superior to both Shami & Umesh in England. 

Bhuvi is finished that swing is long gone..  Dude couldn't do jack Sh** in WC semi where Matt Henry was swinging by a country mile.  His fitness is also not test level.  We got much better guys than him ATM. 

That bumrah vs anderson comparison is bullshit as Anderson had a mountain of runs. Bumrah still took 3 wickets in first innings. On the 5th day the so called reverse Anderson was getting was only off the 5th day pitch, a soon as he went round the wicket to Pant, the reverse disappeared

In the end Anderson only took 5 wickets to Bumrah's 4, despite bowling on the most challenging day while Bumrah bowled on the first 2 days when pitch was flattest 

We have seen Bumrah get way better reverse on such pitches as evidenced by the West Indies series where he also took a hat-trick

Bumrah is better than Anderson on Indian pitches

Edited by New guy
2 minutes ago, New guy said:

That bumrah vs anderson comparison is bullshit as Anderson had a mountain of runs. Bumrah still took 3 wickets in first innings. On the 5th day the so called reverse Anderson was getting was only off the 5th day pitch, a soon as he went round the wicket to Pant, the reverse disappeared

We have seen Bumrah get way better reverse on such pitches as evidenced by the West Indies series where he also took a hat-trick

Bumrah is better than Anderson everywhere except in England and n.z 

Everywhere else bumrah is vastly superior. Bumrah is the best bowler in the world. In all formats. 

21 minutes ago, New guy said:

In the end Anderson only took 5 wickets to Bumrah's 4, despite bowling on the most challenging day while Bumrah bowled on the first 2 days when pitch was flattest 

Bumrah is way better bowler there's no denying it but on Indian pitches I'll take Umesh & Shami over him...  Just coz they know how to bowl here & reverse massive.  They Even managed to outbowl Aussie pace attack when they were in India & got more reverse.  I'll say they are the best in Subcontinent. 

Also Anderson has surprised me that at 38 he is still getting that zip to get reverse..  Massive respect coz I thought even broad would bowl better than Andu

Also I like to add Hattrick was with new ball bowling which Bumrah has worked very hard to improve 

Edited by Lone Wolf
5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bumrah is way better bowler there's no denying it but on Indian pitches I'll take Umesh & Shami over him...  Just coz they know how to bowl here & reverse massive.  They Even managed to outbowl Aussie pace attack when they were in India & got more reverse.  I'll say they are the best in Subcontinent. 

Also Anderson has surprised me that at 38 he is still getting that zip to get reverse..  Massive respect coz I thought even broad would bowl better than Andu

what do you mean 'even'. shami and umesh are the best infact ATGs in indian conditons. shami is probably one of the best ever in asia. 

cummins, starc and hazelwood are nothing compared to umesh and shami in asia. umesh was only poor in lanka on really flat pattas. 

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

what do you mean 'even'. shami and umesh are the best infact ATGs in indian conditons. shami is probably one of the best ever in asia. 

cummins, starc and hazelwood are nothing compared to umesh and shami in asia. umesh was only poor in lanka on really flat pattas. 

Yes that's why I said best..  Their numbers are ATG level.  Umesh & Shami are the benchmark for every attack in subcontinent. 

43 minutes ago, Jay said:

58 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Also I like to add Hattrick was with new ball bowling which Bumrah has worked very hard to improve 

I feel bumrah will surpass them.