zen

Movies that surprised you!

9 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

The movie that shouldn't have surprised me. But it still did. Was Super Deluxe. Too early to say this. But maybe top 10 film out of India. Just sheer brilliance. And definitely best cinematography I have seen from Indian cinema for a long long time. 

absolutely , i call it India's pulp fiction

20 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Actually Joker didn't resonate with me. Something about the choices doesn't work and it doesn't seem organic. King of comedy meets taxi driver. Something didn't quite click. I didn't care for characters. 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

same here didnt work for me either

Now that you know that the film lacks the "superhero films masala elements", try to give it a shot again as it is a great film  (of course, if the theme does not resonate then skip it)

Edited by zen

Haqeeqat (1964) very impressed with cinematography, war footage sequences on location in Ladakh, lyrics (Kaifi Azmi) and MMusic by Madannohan. Great songs. Director Chetan Anand has done an amazing job with all. Border had some inspiration from this movie. Except for climax, everything about the movie is top notch. Best war movie from India. Kind of Pro-Nehru (natural for those times) , but some subtle references to his statements on Aksai-Chin , wife sends a flower plant to husband and in the message says “suna hai wahan ghas bhi nahin ugta !” India was so poor that aam aadmi donated money to the army. Patriotism ftw!

Prof. Pyarelal (1981) was one of my most watched films as a kid. We had its VHS which used to be on frequently. I recall trying to do a stunt and getting hit on the head. 

Today, I felt like watching a Bollywood film and thought about revisiting this one. Did not expect much from it in 2020s but was surprised to enjoy it very much - still paise vasool!