Ind-Eng T20 series review

I'm happy with everything but not sure what to make of Thakur sahib. He has plenty of heart, not mentally weak and took crucial wickets, also can throw his bat around but...bowling economy in T20 of almost 10. Can we really have a third seamer like this in the world cup who is playing? First 2 seamers will be BK and Bumrah for sure. Thakur seems more of a test and odi player for us to use in certain conditions. T20 he bowled some really good slower ones to change the game but overall he is too expensive. Thoughts? I am his fan and would love for him to become a bit tighter for the WC!

My top 2 spinners for the T20 wc will be jaddu and akshar, I don't care if they are both spinning it the same way, they have a good economy which is more important. Sundar should be ahead of Akshar but I think his bowling has been figured out a bit for t20, england destroyed him.  Rahul chahar is too raw but promising, no more chahal.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo
13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and a 360 deg player 

yes

thats why im keen on DK. To hit guys like archer u need range hitting and DK is best at that . Power hitting isnt easy against them 

I think he is also overdoing his stance....its good for wide yorker but now teams wont bowl him there. It will be in his throat

Ash nyways shud be there to counter lefties...i have a gut feeling that some leftie will screw us and their are enough in the world- conway, malan, morgan, stokes , pooran, hetymer ...we need to take our best shot against them .

He is also pretty good against right handers, he changed SMA game for a while by taking mayank n rahul 

When you say stance do you mean the shuffle he makes when he is about to face the ball

13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and a 360 deg player 

yes

thats why im keen on DK. To hit guys like archer u need range hitting and DK is best at that . Power hitting isnt easy against them 

I think he is also overdoing his stance....its good for wide yorker but now teams wont bowl him there. It will be in his throat

Ash nyways shud be there to counter lefties...i have a gut feeling that some leftie will screw us and their are enough in the world- conway, malan, morgan, stokes , pooran, hetymer ...we need to take our best shot against them .

He is also pretty good against right handers, he changed SMA game for a while by taking mayank n rahul 

It is t20...someone is definitely gonna screw us...our players need to do the same to them...

6 hours ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

I'm happy with everything but not sure what to make of Thakur sahib. He has plenty of heart, not mentally weak and took crucial wickets, also can throw his bat around but...bowling economy in T20 of almost 10. Can we really have a third seamer like this in the world cup who is playing? First 2 seamers will be BK and Bumrah for sure. Thakur seems more of a test and odi player for us to use in certain conditions. T20 he bowled some really good slower ones to change the game but overall he is too expensive. Thoughts? I am his fan and would love for him to become a bit tighter for the WC!

My top 2 spinners for the T20 wc will be jaddu and akshar, I don't care if they are both spinning it the same way, they have a good economy which is more important. Sundar should be ahead of Akshar but I think his bowling has been figured out a bit for t20, england destroyed him.  Rahul chahar is too raw but promising, no more chahal.

Sundar did fine. The English targetted him deliberately as he was the one choking runs. Let's hope he does not get impacted because of that as he is none for the future.

29 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

his s/r against archer is 146 

against bumrah 192 

starc- 233

at 6 in ipl his s/r is 160

Pandya has problem, DK has problem :facepalm: find me players who can do finishing job in India 

Pandya>>> DK also I don't think there is a spot for DK as of now.  Jadeja will be back too.  Where will you fit all these guys? 

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pandya>>> DK also I don't think there is a spot for DK as of now.  Jadeja will be back too.  Where will you fit all these guys? 

i clearly mention if bigger squads are allowed due to covid then DK shud be added 

both are diff - one is a power hitter other range hitter 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Listened to talksport podcast reviewing the T20 series. They were discussing if Malan was too slow and a proper fit for the ENG team. This for a player who has a significantly higher SR than Kohli. What I understood was that ENG have broadly reached a consensus on the approach to be taken in T20 cricket and they pick players who can fit in that overarching plan.

Malan with his SR of 145 is seen as someone who wastes too many balls upfront trying to settle in. The benefit of having a Malan like player who can more than compensate later is not viewed as good enough given the risk of wasted 20 balls upfront when he gets out cheap. This may or may not pay off but I admire the ruthlessness and the clear thinking.

In India even the fans are wetting themselves at Virat being the anchor. Or the unreal struggle in moving on from Dhawan.

As if other English batsmen are going at 160 SR. Malan's 145 SR matches upto the SR of Buttler, Roy, Bairstow and Morgan! He has had a quiet series only in this series.

From a personal perspective -

Kohli gets a big fat ZERO. That selfish decision of "I will open" just because Kishan succeed as an opener and SKY schooled him on batting at 3 shows up how insecure he is. Even his three 50+ innings, each of which were run a ball knocks for first 30 balls and acceleration at the death (which most batsman can do with an assurance of place like Kohli has). Add to his the muddled thinking of resting Rohit for Dhawan

Everyone exceeded on what was expected from them in such a toxic dressing room set up, where for the captain and his yesmen coaches, only the megalomaniac captain and his wonky selection ideas matter. 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

his s/r against archer is 146 

against bumrah 192 

starc- 233

at 6 in ipl his s/r is 160

Pandya has problem, DK has problem :facepalm: find me players who can do finishing job in India 

In IPL? IPL is not international cricket. Has he ever done it in International cricket? Only recall smashing Bangla trundlers. 

Happy to be proven wrong but I think we should look past dk. He is too old now anyway. 

We have better players in pandya, sky etc. Enough of mediocrity due to favouritsm. 

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

In IPL? IPL is not international cricket. Has he ever done it in International cricket? Only recall smashing Bangla trundlers. 

have we ever used him in a proper role , his best n only use is as finisher. Very few can be as good as him in last overs specially when it comes to playing the field.  In  international we have wasted him in t20 for dhoni and in made him bat in wrong spots. 

Archer n bumrah are guns in IPL .

Reason even KKR screws many games when they make him bat at 4 but when he is send to finish he is a different beast 

Happy to be proven wrong but I think we should look past dk. He is too old now anyway. 

As long as ur playing well age is just a number. Experience has its own value, success of Varun. C was a lot due to DK as well 

We have better players in pandya, sky etc. Enough of mediocrity due to favouritsm. 

Yea so he is the 3rd....every role shud have enough backup. Im one of biggest pandya fans but in some areas but when it comes to playing the field DK does it way better then Pandya. U need variety in terms of finishing as well 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
19 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I am 100% sure Selectors & TM are only focused on preparation  for WC T20  right now and hence my comments  applicable only till start of WC 21. 

For T21WC, We have  set resources in pace bowling who are experienced and have the skill . Bhumra, Bhuvi, Nattu (wont be discarded at this point before WC) ,

4th could be Shami .

Only  5th pacer  may be in question where i would prefer Shardul .

On flat Indian pitches what you need is  not just pace but  clever use of pace and some very good variations of slower balls as slow nature of the pitches will help this kind of bowling more.  Hence would prefer till WC 21  Shardul over Saini  or any other Tall bowler . 

Several pluses for his selection- 

-  Bowls with clever variations which help in picking wickets . Done it twice vs best batting line up which were game changers.  In T20  bowlers are always attacked and they are supposed to take wickets by inducing a false shot .  

-  A very good match up vs lefties when  they are after you .

-  better bat among all pacers .

But before WC22 needs a big overhaul in Pace bowling .  Not sure Shami & Bhuvi could still be firing. Even Nattu could be out of favour. Shardul not a fit for AUS 

Selectors need to start to find new set of pacers at least 2-3 once WC21 gets over. 

one thing ppl underestimate is swing bowlers in t20 . White ball under lights will swing ...it may not for long but a bowlers will what bowl 2-3 over spell in a t20 game 

Guys like bhuvi , chahar has been really successful in t20s and even Sandeep sharma has been been the giant killer who has made guys like gayle, rohit, kohli his bunny in IPL. Most of these t20 players have massive technical issue against moving ball, specially these pak, sl, Wi batsman even someone like roy looked very uncomfortable against bhuvi 

Also these guys - bhuvi, chahar, sandeep has good variation. Bhuvi n chahar bowl around 140s in t20 since they know they ll bowl 4 overs only

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

What do we do with a problem like Jadeja?

superb fielder, valuable lower bat and can do the same as Sundar or Rahul in throwing darts

Im not convinced by him as a t20 cricketer....lets see IPL 

Utility cricketer spot shud be horses for courses not fixed one 

26 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

have we ever used him in a proper role , his best n only use is as finisher. Very few can be as good as him in last overs specially when it comes to playing the field.  In  international we have wasted him in t20 for dhoni and in made him bat in wrong spots. 

Archer n bumrah are guns in IPL .

Reason even KKR screws many games when they make him bat at 4 but when he is send to finish he is a different beast 

As long as ur playing well age is just a number. Experience has its own value, success of Varun. C was a lot due to DK as well 

Yea so he is the 3rd....every role shud have enough backup. Im one of biggest pandya fans but in some areas but when it comes to playing the field DK does it way better then Pandya. U need variety in terms of finishing as well 

So do you want dk in tbe squad as an injury replacement for pandya...or do you want both of them to play together??