IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

But he did not lack intensity, pace or accuracy in those earlier games last year. 

This year, even in the test series vs England, he seemed distracted. His upcoming marriage could have been the reason  ... but that is over now. 

I hope he gets back his mojo soon. 

What you mean? Booms bowled 140 plus consistently even on flat parts pitches in India though? 

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

But he did not lack intensity, pace or accuracy in those earlier games last year. 

This year, even in the test series vs England, he seemed distracted. His upcoming marriage could have been the reason  ... but that is over now. 

I hope he gets back his mojo soon. 

His ungainly bowling action is a big reason. Fatigue sets in time to time.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

What you mean? Booms bowled 140 plus consistently even on flat parts pitches in India though? 

He consistently bowled 140 k+ only in the 1st test 1st innings vs England. 

But it is not just an issue with bowling speeds. 

The super intensity that Bumrah has had, from 2017 to 2020, is missing in 2021. 

His lines and lengths are not as good as earlier either. By this I mean bowling attacking lines and lengths which will fetch him wickets.

59 minutes ago, VT87 said:

Serious pace generated by Lahiru kumara bowling at high 140’s upto 150  on  a constant basis . I didn’t know he is that fast.

He's most unhyped pacer from Asia pacewise whom i regard as fastest at the moment from this region and that too based on longest format of cricket and not on some random 4over throwdowns

24 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He's most unhyped pacer from Asia pacewise whom i regard as fastest at the moment from this region and that too based on longest format of cricket and not on some random 4over throwdowns

Yes his average speed was 143 something fastest 150.9  on a 5 over spell is totally remarkable.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Lot easier to bowl phassst at 140 plus when you spray like retard. 

Umesh used to do that. He is a beast now. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Lot easier to bowl phassst at 140 plus when you spray like retard. 

Umesh used to do that. He is a beast now. 

I never said anything about quality of his bowling,above poster mentioned about his pace ,i just talked about pace not quality,that is altogether different thing, pacewise he is one of the fastest  in the world

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Hi bro  !

Seeing you post after a long time.

Are you not watching this Unadkatesque IPL where quick bowlers are bowling 5 spinning balls an over due to the pitches ?

Edited by express bowling

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Hi bro  !

Seeing you post after a long time.

Are you not watching this Unadkatisque IPL where quick bowlers are bowling 5 spinning balls an over due to the pitches ?

Ridiculous pitches Indeed makes up for very poor viewing quality wise.  

Can't wait for WTC final already. 

2 hours ago, VT87 said:

Yes his average speed was 143 something fastest 150.9  on a 5 over spell is totally remarkable.

I remember his 5 wicket haul 3-4 years ago in South Africa...  And also his hostile Spell in Barbados where lanka won.  Easily the fastest lankan pacer I have seen after a long while.  He is injured most of the time though.