IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

What a disappointment Shivam Mavi has been. He was supposed to be out next big hope when he played that U19 WC. He has regressed significantly. He appears to just puts the ball without any effort, not much pace, ball doing nothing. 

This is the problem with our U19 players. Forget about developing, they seem to regress afterwards. Nagarkoti hardly plays a game, mostly spending time injured and Mavi is just sending the ball down with no intent, no pace. 

"Bhuvi bhaiya teaches you a lot, just the skills he has is amazing," Mavi said. "He only keeps telling me, 'swing is your natural strength'. I feel I have good pace anyway, so I don't worry about that aspect. If I can retain that swing, I can be lethal even at 135 kph. I've honestly never thought about pace. For me, rhythm is most important."

From Cricinfo

11 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

"Bhuvi bhaiya teaches you a lot, just the skills he has is amazing," Mavi said. "He only keeps telling me, 'swing is your natural strength'. I feel I have good pace anyway, so I don't worry about that aspect. If I can retain that swing, I can be lethal even at 135 kph. I've honestly never thought about pace. For me, rhythm is most important."

From Cricinfo

Bhuvi bhayiya ka bua ka jhopra.....bc knuckle bowling ki g**d me hi khuus gaye hai.

Just now, Texan said:

Very impressed with Mohsin Khan so far. He has been bowling good areas, consistent and he bowls the ball with decent pace and gets bounce, which always makes it difficult for the batsmen. 

We need more tall bounce bowlers like Mohsin, who bowl the heavy ball at good pace. 

They hit the splice of the bat and are difficult to score against.

And if they have a good head on their shoulders, like Mohsin does, then it's even better.