IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

12 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He reminds me a lot of Shardul Thakur. But like Thakur, this guy is not an elite talent. Deceptive pace though.

Yeah, now you said even I see him as Shardul Thakur...

BTW...even Shardul is not an elite talent :((..he just has a good utility considering he is one of the rare fast bowlers who can bat.

18 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Hangargekar has a pathetic run up. Like wth is that?

Brett Lee seems unhappy with his runup, understandably as his runup is a show stopper to attain max pace.
Varun Aaron also had this kind of start-stop runup, with less use of non bowling arm, leading often to injuries...what he could have done if someone guided him properly.

2 minutes ago, the don said:

Hangrekar has a bit of Dinda about him. 
My man RKT was selling him as a 150 kph bowler. Not with that action. 

More of 136-144....he's a strong lad but his runup is an issue. 
Shami when started was 135-140 bowler due to his extra long strides...once it was rectified Shami was able to hit 145-146 on his younger days.
Hangargekar can easily up his pace, plus he is a bowling allrounder (like Shardul and Deepak Chahar so it's an addtional advantage).

4 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Brett Lee seems unhappy with his runup, understandably as his runup is a show stopper to attain max pace.
Varun Aaron also had this kind of start-stop runup, with less use of non bowling arm, leading often to injuries...what he could have done if someone guided him properly.

Not listening to the commentary. What did Lee say about Hangargekar's run up?

4 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

More of 136-144....he's a strong lad but his runup is an issue. 
Shami when started was 135-140 bowler due to his extra long strides...once it was rectified Shami was able to hit 145-146 on his younger days.
Hangargekar can easily up his pace, plus he is a bowling allrounder (like Shardul and Deepak Chahar so it's an addtional advantage).

He seems to have changed something in his action. I may be wrong but it was different at the u19 wc:

Shami always had the action and ability, it was just a matter of rythm. Hangrekar will struggle to find rythm with the current runup and loadup.

2 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not listening to the commentary. What did Lee say about Hangargekar's run up?

He said that he starts like a pacer, then just tapers off in between only to reload at the end like Bumrah.
If he can maintain that runup from start it will help him putting too much pressure at the delivery stride (which is also a recipe of no balls).

10 minutes ago, the don said:

Hangrekar has a bit of Dinda about him. 
My man RKT was selling him as a 150 kph bowler. Not with that action. 

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yes. We need tall 150 kph bowlers like Ihsanullah to lose bilateral series to Afghanistan :giggle:

Don,Hangeraker wasn't a 150 bowler not as of now,in future sure he can

He's strong,I say watch till the IPL,show has just begun

Welcome to the real big league