IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

2 hours ago, vice said:

Some points regarding Madhwal.  Yeah, he's on the shorter side but for LOI, with this skiddy action and yorker ability, there's utility for such bowlers.  Apart from death bowling, what was another positive was that he was able to extract seam movement in the middle overs during that CSK game esp that delivery that got Pooran.  IMO, his seam movement reminded me of Shami at the front along with good lines. First season, let's see how he shapes but some promise there. 

Harshit looked impressive just with that first glance.  Easy effortless action, reminds of you someone like Cummins. Gives you the impression, he's looks good for the longer formats. He's got the height, physique, and bowling action for the longer formats.  

Pity Prasidth is injured, he's the ideal bowler for tests esp in SENA.   

last year IPL..when I first noticed Harshit..I felt his action + high pace was getting difficult for him to control his line..after playing Ranji trophy since then and bowled lot more overs and some maturity..he looks well in control of that action..and good to me..

I also noticed that he bowls slower ball..however I can easily notice that when he tries it(easier to say watching on a chair though lol)..would like to get it more subtle atleast similar to Haris Rauf..

he already bowls good short ball..getting that slower bowl working more for him+ yorkers with experience and practice..

he is going to be a real prospect..

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Shami 143.5 k and extra bounce.

Rohit dismissed.

If Cummins is fit, get is going to kill rohit in wtc. But so can shami siraj and harshit if picked against Oz. 

Problem is their batting is so much better than ours. 

We won't pick jaiswal sarfraz and Sunday who would make us much stronger. 

5 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i loved the aggression that hardik showed...full bodyline bowling.

Hardin has th3 attitude and mental fortitude to succeed in all formats. Pity he do3snt want to play tests. 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:02 AM, rkt.india said:

Even Steyn never bowled 140s all the time. A fast bowler does not need to bowl fast all the time that is brainless bowling especially in T20 cricket.  a fast bowler should not bowl like a bowling machine

On 5/26/2023 at 10:40 AM, Suhaan said:

You are talking complete opposite in t20s

I'm speaking facts ,most pacers bowl faster than usual in t20s brainless or not that is topic for another debate

What I'm saying is about their current ability to bowl at pace, nothing related with what one needs to do

Bowling faster doesn't mean bowling one pace. A good T20 bowler will not bowl same pace all the time because bowling in T20 is all about deception. Serving one pace means, batsmen can line you up even if you are hitting 157. Varying the pace isn't just about bowling slower balls but sudden high pace is also a deception. That's why I would want bowlers not bowl at their fastest all the time. Bowlers need to come up with such different tactics too as not everyone can bowl really good slower balls. So it's better to try and concentrate on moving the ball at 135-140 and surprise them with 150.  Likes of Umran can learn to do that. movement is what troubles the batsmen the most.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Bowling faster doesn't mean bowling one pace. A good T20 bowler will not bowl same pace all the time because bowling in T20 is all about deception. Serving one pace means, batsmen can line you up even if you are hitting 157. Varying the pace isn't just about bowling slower balls but sudden high pace is also a deception. That's why I would want bowlers not bowl at their fastest all the time. Bowlers need to come up with such different tactics too as not everyone can bowl really good slower balls. So it's better to try and concentrate on moving the ball at 135-140 and surprise them with 150.  Likes of Umran can learn to do that. movement is what troubles the batsmen the most.

Again you are not getting it,there is no debate about being monotonous in pace

We were talking about ability to do bowl at pace at this point of their age

The points you made above have been discussed numerous times ,even a north sentinel island people understand that

LOL Deshpande is trundling big time in the latter half of this tournament. Not surprised one bit.
OK take that back. pace is fine but lengths are awful :laugh:

Edited by MK55

Posted (edited)

Young Pacers I am looking forward to bowling well this year ... 

Mayank Yadav .. LSG

Harshit Rana .. KKR

Akashdeep .. RCB 

Kartik Tyagi .. GT

Umran Malik .. SRH 

Yash Thakur .. LSG 

Simarjeet Singh .. CSK 

Kuldeep Sen .. RR 

Yudhvir Singh .. LSG 

R Hangargekar .. CSK

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Mayank Yadav .. LSG

Harshit Rana .. KKR

Akashdeep .. RCB 

Kartik Tyagi .. GT

Umran Malik .. SRH 

Yash Thakur .. LSG 

Simarjeet Singh .. CSK 

Kuldeep Sen .. RR 

Yudhvir Singh .. LSG 

R Hangargekar .. CSK

LSG has some promising young Quicks... Langer being there might be good for these guys. 

Mayank Yadav And Shamar Joseph bowling together would be a treat to watch.  Only issue is Lucknow pitch is terrible for fast bowlers 

44 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

LSG has some promising young Quicks... Langer being there might be good for these guys. 

Mayank Yadav And Shamar Joseph bowling together would be a treat to watch.  Only issue is Lucknow pitch is terrible for fast bowlers 

Not this year...LSG has weak spin bowling and hence this year emphasis has been given to make the pitch flatter with true bounce. 

Atleast for the first half, pitches will be lively in Lucknow. KL ka career bhi banana hai.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Mayank Yadav .. LSG

Harshit Rana .. KKR

Akashdeep .. RCB 

Kartik Tyagi .. GT

Umran Malik .. SRH 

Yash Thakur .. LSG 

Simarjeet Singh .. CSK 

Kuldeep Sen .. RR 

Yudhvir Singh .. LSG 

R Hangargekar .. CSK

Tyagi might get decent amount of games, he can't afford to let it slip though. Sushant might also play some games for GT hopefully.

LSG has plethora of fast bowlers (Mayank, Mohsin, Yudhvir, Yash T) so it remains to be seen how KL & Langer rotate them. 

Goeanka spoke that this year Lucknow pitches will be supportive for their overseas batters. Which means more bounce instead of the same slow and low bounce dead pitches.