IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Prasidh bowls random like Umesh used to. Doesn't come across as a thinking bowler. Loses control quickly too.

One difference is the way they talk.

Prasidh talks in a logical manner ... and that means he can be a thinking bowler if he puts his mind to it.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One difference is the way they talk.

Prasidh talks in a logical manner ... and that means he can be a thinking bowler if he puts his mind to it.

First thing first,we haven't see him that much to make an opinion,bowlers in past have made box office entry but fizzled out with time, let's see how he does in opportunities he gets for national from here on

Siraj got hammering in most seasons,IPL just give you feel of things,i will want him to play more games for India,infact tests in bouncy conditions of Aus,SA

I thought Saini to be a thinking bowler but he has been disappointing so far for India

37 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

First thing first,we haven't see him that much to make an opinion,bowlers in past have made box office entry but fizzled out with time, let's see how he does in opportunities he gets for national from here on

Siraj got hammering in most seasons,IPL just give you feel of things,i will want him to play more games for India,infact tests in bouncy conditions of Aus,SA

I thought Saini to be a thinking bowler but he has been disappointing so far for India

Yes, temperament is something which we can know only after a few international matches.

And another factor is format. 

There are some bowlers who look a bit off in T20s but bowl much better in the longer formats, like Shami.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Yes, temperament is something which we can know only after a few international matches.

And another factor is format. 

There are some bowlers who look a bit off in T20s but bowl much better in the longer formats, like Shami.

its because in T20s you need to be defensive whereas you can go all out in Tests.

Very few are able to adjust between formats

22 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Both are outswing bowlers ,as a result they have less margin for error ,prasidh  needs to add the inswinger .

He's working on it

If you have looked Kohli's dismissal,he did bring in

Edited by Suhaan

54 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

It was more from the side of the seam ,if he develops the proper inswinger then it will be easier for him to control things.

But he isn't a swing bowler. (  although he gets outswing in favourable conditions  )

He is a hit the deck seam bowler ... and such bowlers can be very accurate if they work on accuracy. 

I have always felt that Umesh's lack of accuracy was because he tried to bowl the indipper a bit too frequently ( which he keeps pushing down the leg )

His outswingers are usually very good.

Umesh's inswingers worked only when the ball was reversing and a leg side field was set for the numerous wayward balls.