Vaccine theory

Real McCoy

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Also need data about how many people died after taking both doses of vaccines due to COVID and also how many died due to the side effects of vaccines.

Sure.  Overwhelming evidence from other countries has shown clearly that vaccines are not responsible for deaths.  If there is a reason Indian vaccines are any different, it should be investigated.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Totally agree on all of that pineapple, honey tea BS. 

Ivermectin is a whole different story.  None of those things - eucalyptus, green tea etc - have the weight of evidence that Ivermectin now has for Covid prophylaxis.  Am sorry you being intransigent even in the face of strong evidence.  

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/Fulltext/2021/06000/Review_of_the_Emerging_Evidence_Demonstrating_the.4.aspx

Top journal.  Meta-analysis of multiple studies.  Well-done study.  Significant effect.  Time to accept it.  Accepting this for IM does not negate any of the other points you are making.  

I am going to accept that is approved. I have no issues.  If Ivermectin is the miracle drug, i hope India authorizes its use for COVID if it is not already. I read it is already sold in blackmarket in Africa. Given that 1000s of patients already have this new black fungus, they can use as well.

17 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Sure.  Overwhelming evidence from other countries has shown clearly that vaccines are not responsible for deaths.  If there is a reason Indian vaccines are any different, it should be investigated.  

Yes i read an article. But i couldn't find any other supporting article. I am not sure if this source is trustworthy.  Is this true? 

https://www.livemint.com/science/news/how-covaxin-became-a-victim-of-vaccine-triumphalism-11622022760541.html

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

I am going to accept that is approved. I have no issues.  If Ivermectin is the miracle drug, i hope India authorizes its use for COVID if it is not already. I read it is already sold in blackmarket in Africa. Given that 1000s of patients already have this new black fungus, they can use as well.

No one said it is a miracle drug.  There is no such thing, anyway ... well, maybe with the exception of organic kale :-).

At this time the evidence points to it having significant level of CoViD prophylaxis or early-stage treatment.  That's it.  Box it in.  No need to extrapolate to black fungus or anything else. 

Most importantly, no need to reject it just because it gives a "victory" to the anti-vaxx side.  Who cares.  If the science shows it saves lives, it saves lives.  

1 minute ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

No one said it is a miracle drug.  There is no such thing, anyway ... well, maybe with the exception of organic kale :-).

At this time the evidence points to it having significant level of CoViD prophylaxis or early-stage treatment.  That's it.  Box it in.  No need to extrapolate to black fungus or anything else. 

Most importantly, no need to reject it just because it gives a "victory" to the anti-vaxx side.  Who cares.  If the science shows it saves lives, it saves lives.  

Touche.  Organic kale. what about Hemp seed :) 

Did we ever have any large scale RCTs under real world conditions for masks that proved they were effective in stopping or slowing the spread of Covid-19? Asking for a friend.

Disclaimer: I do wear a mask while going out and occasionally double up with a Face Shield :((.

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Don't think anyone saying it's a miracle drug. Even if it is working in 50% of cases. It is helping in reducing severity of cases and mortality.

10 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Not just Indian Vaccines. A fully Pfizer vacvinated doctor came to India, contracted covid, developed severe symptoms and died. There might be more cases like this depending on how much vaccinated people are exposed to virus.

Edited by rkt.india

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes i read an article. But i couldn't find any other supporting article. I am not sure if this source is trustworthy.  Is this true? 

https://www.livemint.com/science/news/how-covaxin-became-a-victim-of-vaccine-triumphalism-11622022760541.html

Covaxin is the most tried and tested vaccine formula. While most of the people dying after taking vaccines are from Covishield which has resulted in strokes, heart attacks and serious breakthrough infections.

23 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not just Indian Vaccines. A fully Pfizer vacvinated doctor came to India, contracted covid, developed severe symptoms and died. There might be more cases like this depending on how much vaccinated people are exposed to virus.

He was an 80 year old male. In any case, Pfizer vaccine is shown to be 95% effective against the original Chinese strain, but its effectiveness against the Indian variant is probably lower, but not by much.

In 6 months to a year, new variants would definitely make the existing vaccines less effective and then we all would need the boosters(designed for newer strains). In a few years, there would be so many variants circulating that these boosters would become meaningless, but hopefully we would all have some resistance to not require hospitalization.

32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

They are rare. That is why it is news. 50% of the US Population has received the vaccine. Significant reduction in cases.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

They are rare. That is why it is news. 50% of the US Population has received the vaccine. Significant reduction in cases.

So even with vaccines there is uncertainty whether a person will live or die in he contracts Covid. Cases anyway reduces. It's a cyclical process. Even in India, cases are decreasing at many places now with only 3-4% population being vaccinated fully.

20 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Oops. 

Some of you guys are champions at taking things out of context. 

This is nothing unexpected.  There are many people on immunosuppressant drugs to treat other conditions.  The point of highlighting this issue is to emphasize the importance for the rest of us to be vaccinated so we can shield the vulnerable - ones who cannot get vaccinated due to health reasons and others whose immune systems are suppressed due to other health conditions.  

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210606/New-data-from-CDC-on-effectiveness-of-Pfizer-and-Moderna-COVID-19-vaccines.aspx

June 6 2021

Researchers in the United States have conducted a study demonstrating the real-world effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines at preventing infection with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

Importantly, Mark Thompson from the CDC COVID-19 Response Team and colleagues also showed that the vaccines were highly effective at reducing viral load, febrile symptoms, and the duration of illness among individuals who developed breakthrough infections despite having been vaccinated.

The large prospective study of almost 4,000 people found that full vaccination (with two doses) was 91% effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection, while partial vaccination (with one dose) was 81% effective.

Among those who became infected, partially or fully vaccinated individuals had a lower level of viral RNA, a lower risk of developing febrile symptoms and a reduced duration of illness compared with unvaccinated individuals.

The researchers say that if further data confirm that these vaccines reduce the viral load and, in turn, blunt the infectivity of SARS-CoV-2, this would suggest that the vaccines are not only highly effective at preventing infection, but could also reduce the impact of breakthrough infections.

This has significant implications for essential and frontline workers, given their potential to spread the virus through frequent close contact with patients, co-workers, and the public, says Thompson

What did the study find?

The number of participants who had RT-PCR-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection was 204 (5.1%), 16 of whom were partially or fully vaccinated and 156 of whom were unvaccinated.

Vaccination status was indeterminate (less than 14 days since the first dose) for 32 individuals who were therefore excluded from the study.

The estimated effectiveness of vaccination at protecting against SARS-CoV-2 infection was 91% for full vaccination and 81% for partial vaccination.

Of the participants who became infected, the mean viral RNA load (Log10 copies/mL) detected was 2.3 among partially or fully vaccinated participants, compared with 3.8 among unvaccinated participants.

==============================================================

Possible conclusions (most likely to least):

• Pfizer and Moderna are making up these data to make Biden and Bill Gates look good.
  • Researchers who did this work are paid off by big pharma.
  • The vaccinated people were secretly taking HCQ.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Pfizer and Moderna vaccines actually work.
Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Chinese Big Pharma now doing hanky-panky by making up data in Brazil.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/06/americas/serrana-vaccination-experiment-intl-latam/index.html

Researchers' full findings from Project S have not yet been peer-reviewed or published. However, according to preliminary results released on June 1, the study showed an 80% reduction in the number of symptomatic cases. Covid-related hospitalizations have fallen by 86% and mortality by 95% -- figures hailed by Sao Paulo Governor Joao Doria as a good omen for the rest of the country.

According to the study, the immunization generated a kind of "immune belt" in Serrana, drastically reducing the transmission of coronavirus in the municipality even as the virus raged throughout the country.

"The most important result was to understand that we can control the pandemic even without vaccinating the entire population. When coverage reached 70%, 75% (of Serrana's population), the drop in incidence was noticed even in the group that had not yet completed the vaccination schedule," said Ricardo Palacios, medical director of clinical research at Instituto Butantan in an interview with CNN International a day after the news conference.

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Some of you guys are champions at taking things out of context. 

This is nothing unexpected.  There are many people on immunosuppressant drugs to treat other conditions.  The point of highlighting this issue is to emphasize the importance for the rest of us to be vaccinated so we can shield the vulnerable - ones who cannot get vaccinated due to health reasons and others whose immune systems are suppressed due to other health conditions.  

Not as much as "you guys" when it comes to deflecting the blame from the vaccine in case of an adverse reaction :no:. I have never seen a vaccine come with so many riders and "conditions applied". 

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

Not as much as "you guys" when it comes to deflecting the blame from the vaccine in case of an adverse reaction :no:. I have never seen a vaccine come with so many riders and "conditions applied". 

More awareness, more studies, more questions asked, more information available for people to look up.  Back when the last big vaccine rollouts were made, who was even taking immunosuppressive drugs?  

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

More awareness, more studies, more questions asked, more information available for people to look up.  Back when the last big vaccine rollouts were made, who was even taking immunosuppressive drugs?  

So we vaccinate millions of vulnerable people with compromised immune systems even if the "expected" result is them having no antibodies against the virus? All those large RCTs being put to good use I see.