Srilanka tour of Bangladesh 2021

SL were the undisputed champ of 1996 WC, with 100% win record.   Now, they are struggling to qualify for WC.    How times hv changed?
Do you think Sanga and Jaya retired too soon and could have played for couple of more years?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Do you think Sanga and Jaya retired too soon and could have played for couple of more years?

Hmm.  Maybe they could hv played little longer.   But then, they would hv retired eventually.  It seems, they too would hv not imagined the next bunch of players to be so sh**.    

55 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

SL were the undisputed champ of 1996 WC, with 100% win record.   Now, they are struggling to qualify for WC.    How times hv changed?

Forget the 90s even in the late noughties they were dominant and got to two finals back to back just 10 years!!

On 5/26/2021 at 11:45 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Congrats Bangladesh on winning 1st series against Srilanka.

Worrying future ahead for Srilankan's though.

Maybe toygers are good now? They did win under 19 WC? Or Lankans just bad? 

On 5/25/2021 at 9:50 PM, Lone Wolf said:

BD is tough to beat in ODIs at home though but sad to see lankans losing this easily. 

Next two series are against England & India.  They might end up in qualifiers this time. 

Yeah. They are more or less certain to be in qualifiers unless they upset one of IND/ENG . Eng they can but current eng are world champs. ALAO they are the moral booster whipping boys of India. We beat team in whatever ways we like. 

9 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Yeah. They are more or less certain to be in qualifiers unless they upset one of IND/ENG . Eng they can but current eng are world champs. ALAO they are the moral booster whipping boys of India. We beat team in whatever ways we like. 

Eng are likely to rest key ODI players like Root Stokes & Archer Wood against them.  Maybe Buttler as well. 

So they can fluke a odd win there.  Same with India we have a tendency to drop odd games in a series.  But I doubt our youngsters will go easy on them

On 5/25/2021 at 8:52 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

They were streched beyond they wanted to play but still a day wud have come when they wud have. Problem was next batch quality. SL did same mistake as pakistan adding to many domestic teams affected their quality.