OPINION | How PM Modi Defied Petty Oppn Politics to Turn Around India's Vaccine Policy

Trichromatic

I mean the guy was so freaking lousy , claimed credit for defeating COVID  after wave 1 opened up all **** and went electioneering and campaigning , his health minister declared victory, all this while COVID numbers were increasing and here people are defending him since he likes Hindus come on folks you can do better than that.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Should have made an effort. What rest of the world is doing is not India's  problem.

Last I checked rest of the world is not suffering so much.

Should have made effort to vaccinate more people - Agree.

Should have vaccinated 70% population by Feb - Random statement without any basis.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

That is called intent. They needeed atleast around 100,0000 crore rupees to ramp things up and they failed to provide. 

If you need a house you need to put downpayment. They never did that.

You cannot create pos without budgeting for it.

Now you are shifting goalposts... first you said the govt did nothing - not true. Then you said they didnt show intent ... not true. The  you said show where they ordered ... done. Now you are saying show downpayment.

I am sure there must be something that shows that also ... pls find it yourself.

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Should have vaccinated 70% population by Feb - Random statement without any basis.

57 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Now you are shifting goalposts... first you said the govt did nothing - not true. Then you said they didnt show intent ... not true. The  you said show where they ordered ... done. Now you are saying show downpayment.

I am sure there must be something that shows that also ... pls find it yourself.

ok imagine a hypothetical situation.

Wave 2 subsides, India vaccinated 4% of population by then. Cases plummet.

1,Modi declared yet an other victory over Covid, and encourages free economic activty and tourism to revive economy, with case count low. Yet vaccination not where we want it to be.

Would you be ok with 1 ?

2, although it seems the right thing to do, would it be saner to get advice from scientists and caution the country if there is likehood of a third wave as vaccination is low ?

is 2 better ?

if 2 is better now - what modi did after wave 1 was a blunder. No dancing around this fact. Sorry. 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Last I checked rest of the world is not suffering so much.

Don’t know where you are checking, most developed countries had 1st or 2nd wave and got out only because of lockdowns, not from massive vaccinations. Even there, the per-mil population stats are worse than India even with jacking up stats

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Don’t know where you are checking, most developed countries had 1st or 2nd wave and got out only because of lockdowns, not from massive vaccinations. Even there, the per-mil population stats are worse than India even with jacking up stats

oh so there were many cases of people dying without critical care of oxygen elsewhere too ? 

42 minutes ago, Vilander said:

1,Modi declared yet an other victory over Covid, and encourages free economic activty and tourism to revive economy, with case count low. Yet vaccination not where we want it to be.

Would you be ok with 1 ?

2, although it seems the right thing to do, would it be saner to get advice from scientists and caution the country if there is likehood of a third wave as vaccination is low ?

is 2 better ?

if 2 is better now - what modi did after wave 1 was a blunder. No dancing around this fact. Sorry. 

So that justified Kejri doing nothing. 

Modi never declared victory over Covid...not sure from where people got such misconception.

Just like how he never said 15 lakhs will be depositef everyones bank account and his words were twisted.

Just like he never said that we will beat covid in 21 days.

On this age of social media people just follows too much fake news.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Modi never declared victory over Covid...not sure from where people got such misconception.

Just like how he never said 15 lakhs will be depositef everyones bank account and his words were twisted.

Just like he never said that we will beat covid in 21 days.

On this age of social media people just follows too much fake news.

there is a video of him doing that in one of the election rallies. he wont come and say ' i am declaring victory over covid ' the idea is as a leader of the state he needs to set the tone for the rest of the leadership to follow what he sets the rest will set themselves and it cascades. 

there is a video of him doing that in one of the election rallies. he wont come and say ' i am declaring victory over covid ' the idea is as a leader of the state he needs to set the tone for the rest of the leadership to follow what he sets the rest will set themselves and it cascades. 
I have listened to that rally. His exact words were 'Humne Covid pe kamyaabi payi hai aur ek saal ke andar vaccine production kar diya'. He never said we have defeated covid.

Also, election rallies were not only done by him. If anything, he joined those rallies really late. By that time leaders like Mamta, Adhir Ranjan, DMK leaders, Priyanka Gandhi, Amit Shah etc all were already doing rallies.

Health is a state issue...no one was stopping CMs to stop doing their rallies and set an example

Lets be honest man, you dont like Modi and thats why you are singling him out for everything. Others dont feel the same way and see things more objectively.

33 minutes ago, Vilander said:

If you want to pin someone, you must clarify who is accountable for what, constitutionally. And who failed their responsibilities. Otherwise we will constantly be changing goal posts and broad brushing without basis. 

It’s like those anti farm bills protesters who haven’t read the bill. It makes for fun trolling but it doesn’t show much. 

Edited by ravishingravi

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

I understand that is difficult.

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I have listened to that rally. His exact words were 'Humne Covid pe kamyaabi payi hai aur ek saal ke andar vaccine production kar diya'. He never said we have defeated covid.

Also, election rallies were not only done by him. If anything, he joined those rallies really late. By that time leaders like Mamta, Adhir Ranjan, DMK leaders, Priyanka Gandhi, Amit Shah etc all were already doing rallies.

Health is a state issue...no one was stopping CMs to stop doing their rallies and set an example

Lets be honest man, you dont like Modi and thats why you are singling him out for everything. Others dont feel the same way and see things more objectively.

What does Kamyaabi mean?

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Talk does not count as action.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Would you be ok with 1 ?

is 2 better ?

First of all this discussion is around Vaccine preparedness. Not sure how what you mention is relevant to the discussion.

Second - hindsight is 20/20. I would like to know how many experts and scientists can predict the number of cases/day in the next wave.. how long will it last? Do you see anyone making any predictions?

I want to see how many scientists predicted that wave 2 would be as bad as it was in Jan/Feb. Any leading scientists' predictions? What were the govts in MH, KL, Rajasthan, Delhi closing down Covid centres and not preparing O2. Esp Delhi... run by a parasite party. Why didn't these state govts listen to the eminent scientists that you mention?