Surrey's trip to Durham off because of Covid-19 positive

Trichromatic

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Oval 

"close contacts" is a loose definition.  Kohli attended book launch on August 31st with Shastr.  Shastri tested for covid on 4th or 5th meaning he observed symptoms before that.  What are the odds Kohli didn't catch as well? Why was he not considered "close contact". 

Whole team attended book launch along with Kohli with ECB CEO, Michael holding and others. Now I don't know how they came up with close contacts thing but that's how it played out and we can only go by what played out.  In my book whole team was close contact. They also had net practice together on 8th. Net practice on 9th got cancelled once physio was tested positive.

They completed 4th test was commendable and it got too much for them once second physio got tested positive who was working with them after 4th test.

Edited by rkt.india
24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Oval 

"close contacts" is a loose definition.  Kohli attended book launch on August 31st with Shastr.  Shastri tested for covid on 4th or 5th meaning he observed symptoms before that.  What are the odds Kohli didn't catch as well? Why was he not considered "close contact". 

ECB should answer that. Close contacts get decided as per UK protocols.

48 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

They were not in any bubble. They were roaming around right through the tour. HOw do you catch virus if you are in a "bubble". Explain to me. It has to come from the outside. Especially physio catching the virus and not others.  Nasser did point out the IPL schedule was one reason. If this is going to be the defacto standard they should cancel a series as soon as one person is tested positive. or atleast not play until the incubation period ends. 

ada rama :wall: its no point arguing with you. virus, bubble who cares. its a fact that physio had it and physio had to be in close contact with players especially those with heavy mileage. what's your point that you are trying to make. are these players slaves to bcci and icc that they have to risk catching the virus. forget ipl. most of you believe its a deadly virus that debilitates most people young and old and highly contagious. if you believe that, why would you wish it on any random person forget players. yes they are paid well but who will risk the possibility of getting a deadly virus

Just now, Real McCoy said:

ada rama :wall: its no point arguing with you. virus, bubble who cares. its a fact that physio had it and physio had to be in close contact with players especially those with heavy mileage. what's your point that you are trying to make. are these players slaves to bcci and icc that they have to risk catching the virus. forget ipl. most of you believe its a deadly virus that debilitates most people young and old and highly contagious. if you believe that, why would you wish it on any random person forget players. yes they are paid well but who will risk the possibility of getting a deadly virus

There is no argument. I just don't buy their cock and bull story here. "Dead scared" "jittery". lol  They conveniently ignore protocols and follow them when it suits them. 

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is no argument. I just don't buy their cock and bull story here. "Dead scared" "jittery". lol  They conveniently ignore protocols and follow them when it suits them. 

but you will believe that english players got virus in their bubble in SA. again I ask you the same question you asked me - HOw do you catch virus if you are in a "bubble".

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

but you will believe that english players got virus in their bubble in SA. again I ask you the same question you asked me - HOw do you catch virus if you are in a "bubble".

I am not an English fan. So don't care what they against SA.  Would you have supported this last minute back out by Indian players if we were down 1-2? 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am not an English fan. So don't care what they against SA.  Would you have supported this last minute back out by Indian players if we were down 1-2? 

In SL, we could have backed out with 9 players in isolation. We played a depleted side and lost. if we were 2-1 behind like in 2014, don't think anyone would have much hopes. So it wouldn't have mattered.

Just now, rkt.india said:

In SL, we could have backed out with 9 players in isolation. We played a depleted side and lost. if we were 2-1 behind like in 2014, don't think anyone would have much hopes. So it wouldn't have mattered.

It was already a second string team.  An inconsequential series.  Cannot be compared with a full fledged English series which we play every few years not every year like IPL.

18 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

That's true for every single covidiot. When to they get exposed to the virus, they fear it more than anyone else.

Maybe you'll believe it when Sridhar talks about the scare on Ashwin's show.

But to paraphrase an adage "Hell hath no fury like a Ashwin fan who feels cheated" LOL 

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't support this move even if we were in front or trailing. But the situation unfolded the way it did and I understand the plight of the players like Nasser and accepted it. Are we clear now.

I'm not asking you to be an english fan. you should understand the ECB posture in that SA series vis-a-vis this one and see how hypocritical it is. If you still don't get it, I'm gonna assume you are a holding and look up to your massa

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't support this move even if we were in front or trailing. But the situation unfolded the way it did and I understand the plight of the players like Nasser and accepted it. Are we clear now.

I'm not asking you to be an english fan. you should understand the ECB posture in that SA series vis-a-vis this one and see how hypocritical it is. If you still don't get it, I'm gonna assume you are a holding and look up to your massa

It's not about supporting or not but being logical. No top cricket team in the world which has 5 of its support staff isolated and 8-9 of it's players deemed close contacts would be ready to play a 5 day test match the next day. If it was a T20 or ODI, things would have been different like in SL.

7 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That's true for every single covidiot. When to they get exposed to the virus, they fear it more than anyone else.

Maybe you'll believe it when Sridhar talks about the scare on Ashwin's show.

But to paraphrase an adage "Hell hath no fury like a Ashwin fan who feels cheated" LOL 

Again Ashwin lol Good it helps you even thought it is utterly irrelevant here.  None of the players were infected " to be " dead scared. Second of all if they are thinking of getting infected in the future, they should have shown this fear right after three other more important staffs getting quarantined.  Junior physio getting infected has suddenly become more of an issue than senior physio in quarantine after being closer quarters with Ravi shastri?

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Again Ashwin lol Good it helps you even thought it is utterly irrelevant here.  None of the players were infected " to be " dead scared. Second of all if they are thinking of getting infected in the future, they should have shown this fear right after three other more important staffs getting quarantined.  Junior physio getting infected has suddenly become more of an issue than senior physio in quarantine after being closer quarters with Ravi shastri?

Why do you think others getting infected wasn't an issue? Second physio tested positive was just the final nail in coffin.

Edited by rkt.india
4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Why do you think others getting infected wasn't an issue? Second physio tested positive was just the final nail in coffin.

There is no final nail with COVID. Risk doesn't dramatically increase only after 3rd or 4th person is infected.  One covid case is enough based on that. So clearly there is some contradictory actions. I refuse to believe every single player was onboard with this. I also believe Kohli is firmly behind this.   September 19th   MI vs CSK  (Bumrah and Rohit play) .  September 15th  5th test ends.   Bumrah was going to be rested. Possibly ROhit?    India could very well lose the series without them. It is a convenient exploitation.