T20 WC - Round 1

Norman

18 minutes ago, Norman said:

No. Same cannot be said about Kohli's India. We choke only in a knockout game not a low profile game against substandard sides. poyzz recently lost 3-0 to reserve England Lions. They can definitely lose to one of Sco/Namibia. 

They only have shaheen who himself is nothing too special after his initial spell in the power play. Shadab, Rauf, Hasan Ali etc  are as mediocre as Chameera, Kumara, Mahedi, Taskin etc.. 

Lol these Taksin Uncle Rauf are no way near the quality of current fastest pacer in Asia Lahiru Kumara.  Watch his spells in South Africa in 2017 as a 20 year old & WI 2018. The guy is most exciting young pace prospect in South Asia...  Clocked fastest ball of the tourney so far. 

Chameera is quality in itself.  Has now experience as well. 

Taskin is barely 140 kph on a good day & I'll take Khaleel the zaleel over him.  His pace is overrated as f**

Lankan Pace attack >>> The current Poyzz one. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

Had Sri lanka played Kumara in that ODI series vs India over sri Lankan undercutter Udana..  He probably would have won them the Deepak Chahar madness game & hence the series. 

Mickey Arthur now going all pace in this WT20...  They need to get their sh*** together in batting & they can cause serious upsets in Group A. 

22 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Had Sri lanka played Kumara in that ODI series vs India over sri Lankan undercutter Udana..  He probably would have won them the Deepak Chahar madness game & hence the series. 

Mickey Arthur now going all pace in this WT20...  They need to get their sh*** together in batting & they can cause serious upsets in Group A. 

Yeah they have history of underutilizing  quick bowlers,  barely used dhamika Prasad, Tushar mirando, Ishara abeysinghe in odis.

Edited by speedheat
28 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Taskin is barely 140 kph on a good day & I'll take Khaleel the zaleel over him.  His pace is overrated as f**

Lankan Pace attack >>> The current Poyzz one. 

Taskin has been hitting close to 145 since his comeback but yes agree he is a poor man’s Umesh yadav (the loi bowler)

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Taskin has been hitting close to 145 since his comeback but yes agree he is a poor man’s Umesh yadav (the loi bowler)

I have watched him bowl closely last few years & guy is very very overrated.  Someone like KM Asif will be superstar in Bangladesh the kind of pace bowling standard these guys have. 

2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Same can be said about Kohli's India, or South Africa. Any team can choke on a given day. They are more equipped than Aus, or Eng, or SA.

Sri Lanka has just Hasranga; Chameera is average, Bangladesh has Mustafizur and Shakib, Taskin is average, Pak has Shaheen and Shadab; Imad is average. How exactly are those two better?

SL destroyed Netherlands. Minnow alright but they were unplayable. On these pitches, they have an excellent attack. Their batting lets them down on most occasions. I will be careful. 

Lankans will beat Australia I think & they always trouble WI with their spinners.  BD also looks like a easy match up for them. 

They are tge ultimate dark horses. 

SA & Eng look like the team that can trouble them.  

Lanka has fastest pace attack of the tourney & killing spin combos.