Starting 11 Vs Pakistan (24/10/2021)

26 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

@express bowling who wins?

Does it depend on toss?

India chasing bookmarks a win? Kohli can anchor successfully any below par score? What if its towards 200?

India bats first? What score is needed to feel "safe"? 180?

I am strongly expecting us to win.

But till we get to know about the pitch, the other aspects won't be clear to us.

Generally speaking, batting first in a crunch match is usually better.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Someone create the match thread pls...big game..so need build up. I am not having good strike rate lately and thus not taking the risk.

Who want to open the match thread?

I have a good track record. opened the 4th test in Eng series and India won. Opened the Pak-SA warm-up match thread with a kaleja-thandak result. I will open the India-Pak match thread after the rahu-kaal is over today/ :pray:

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

With Rohit. KL Rahul can be moved to 4.

Wait, you want to shuffle a settled batting order to accommodate ishan ? First off Rahul as an opener is a no brainer but even if you ignore that then Sky moves to 5 and pant to 6. Do you want pant to come at 6 ? so lets assume per match situation you move pant at 4 so Rahul and Sky come at 5 and 6 or reverse. Why would anyone do any of it for unproven Ishan when i have a readymade Hardik at 6. 

5 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Wait, you want to shuffle a settled batting order to accommodate ishan ? First off Rahul as an opener is a no brainer but even if you ignore that then Sky moves to 5 and pant to 6. Do you want pant to come at 6 ? so lets assume per match situation you move pant at 4 so Rahul and Sky come at 5 and 6 or reverse. Why would anyone do any of it for unproven Ishan when i have a readymade Hardik at 6. 

KL Rahul can strike the ball from ball one even outside power play. He has proven it before. Rohit is the problem. He will take time atleast a couple of overs. Second of all Pakistan's biggest game plan is using Imad upfront for a couple of overs. Who better than Isan to upset that plan. Pandya is a lottery. Hope he comes off. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul can strike the ball from ball one even outside power play. He has proven it before. Rohit is the problem. He will take time atleast a couple of overs. Second of all Pakistan's biggest game plan is using Imad upfront for a couple of overs. Who better than Isan to upset that plan. Pandya is a lottery. Hope he comes off. 

If Imad will open bowling and Rohit is slow then Pandya is our best bet against spinners, let him open with Rahul and drop Rohit for Ishan who can come at 4. 

28 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If Imad will open bowling and Rohit is slow then Pandya is our best bet against spinners, let him open with Rahul and drop Rohit for Ishan who can come at 4. 

they'll just change the bowling then :P

but if ind are in a good position after say 6 overs, pandya, pant and suryakumar should definitely come in