Pant

SDP ( Hardik)

Jadeja

Ashwin 

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah 

In important games, TM leans towards “experienced” players :dontknow: 

I think that’s spot on likely where it will end up if you like that line up or not. 

I would have  preferred to fit in Varun C somewhere or even Rahul C (not having a good patch recently so concern) over Ashwin.

Jadeja is unfortunately undroppable even though have a feeling he will suck with the ball against big teams and might play one good knock followed  by mediocre- pointless-selfish knocks (in each category)

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Someone Anyone please explain this 6th bowler obsession ?

Do people realize going with 6 bowler means we are only going with 4 proper batsmen on low scoring tracks. 

Pandya is not a bowler. He is a batsman who is expected to roll his arms if someone among the five bowlers is bowling rubbish on a given day 

If it's going to be a good batting wicket -

KL

Rohit

SKY

Kohli

Pant

Jadeja

Shardul

Bhuvi

Shami

Varun

Bumrah

If it's going to be "sporting" or bowling friendly -

KL

Rohit

Kohli

Kishan

SKY

Pant

Jadeja

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah

Varun

Thing to note is that we can't really nail down the playing XI due to these many options so better just back the XI picked to get the job done. 

Need someone reliable lower down the order to take advantage of buffet balls of Lassan & Rauf.  If somehow Rohit stays till the end..  It could be carnage.  If it were up to me I'd use Rohit as finisher. 

Not sure Kishan will find a spot but let's see if Kohli & TM think he can counter Imad in PP. 

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Pandya is not a bowler. He is a batsman who is expected to roll his arms if someone among the five bowlers is bowling rubbish on a given day 

I am going to use the same logic, shouldnt we go with that 5th batsman just incase we have another one of those "30mins" kind of situation. 

5 hours ago, Majestic said:

Ashwin shouldn't play the Pakistan game. There are just not enough left handers in that team.

Rohit

KL

Kohli

Pant

SKY

Pandya

Jadeja

Shardul

Varun C/R Chahar

Shami

Bumrah

Play Shami as Pakistani batsman can get rattle with Shami's pace and skills with the new ball. Use him for 3 overs straightaway.

I like this squad, only if we could have squeezed in Kishan somehow.